Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 02:18:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA Le Mans Guide 2007: Your input is needed - New editorial team  (Read 116153 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: June 27, 2006, 12:04:56 pm »

*************************************************************************************

Update 1st June 2007:

Hi all,

The guide will be completed and ready for download, at the latest, on Wednesday, 6th June 2007 at 10:00 pm GMT. As we expect many downloads we will install 5 different download-locations. So if the CA server is slow or not accessible, just try the next website on the list. The guide will be available for download at :

1. www.clubarnage.com/caguide
2. www.lemanszone.de/caguide
3. www.totalsportscar.com/caguide
4. www.drinkingforholland.com/caguide
5. caguide.tmdg.co.uk

Cheers

Werner

*************************************************************************************

Hi all,

First of all  very good news concerning the 2007 edition of the CA Guidebook: While the 2006 edition had only one chief editor (me), for the next edition Ferrari Spider (Peter) will join me Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy, so we will share all tasks and this will enhance the quality of the 2007 edition a lot. So if you want to send some input for the guide by pm, please address it to both of us, this will make co-ordination between us easier.

We have set up a project page at http://www.lemanszone.de/caguide2007.html, so you can follow the latest development and see where help is still needed.

Peter and I have already discussed some ideas for the next edition, here they are, have a look and give us feedback, come up with new ideas, or even better, send contributions:

- More detailed campsite descriptions

- For the “other usefull stuff” chapter: Peter will give details about the helicopter flight service at Le Mans airport, he took a flight this year.

- One or two pages about Radio Le Mans, it’s history, the team behind it, their plans for 2007 – We will try to contact John Hindhaugh, may be he can supply us some information. Referring to latest forum threads Peter and I feel that there should be a closer tie-up between CA and RLM

- Some history of some of the great duels between car manufacturers and some of the characters that populate LM history, e.g. a review about the 1988 clash between Stuttgart and Coventry, about the tragic hero Bob Wollek, the 1999 Mercedes air show or other reviews -  To the experienced old hands at the forum: Who wants to write something? Please post suggestions/contributions

- More information about services at the track, e.g. the medical station, the ACO service for handicaped visitors, Location of ATMs and others.

- More addresses for shopping

- Information about the museum at the race track (opening hours, ticket prices)

- A detailed chapter about “How to get a ticket”: Experience and procedures for direct booking with the ACO, your experience and contact details with agencies, e.g. “JustTickets” or others, please sent your input.

- About the marshalls and their function, explanation of race flags and their meaning - for the newbies

- Also for the newbies: A chapter about the UK-France ferries and the Eurostar: How to book those, their websites, prices, sailing times, duration, restrictions on vehicle lengths…

- A nice collection of the “It happened to me” stories from the forum

- A chapter about the “Mad Friday”: May be with a balanced description of the 2006 situation and some recommendations about what is OK and what is not OK (e.g. buckets of water into sports cars…). Who wants to do this?

- a one page summary of the entries making identification of a car easier

- An index so people don’t need to flip through all pages to find the Le Mans taxi phone numbers

All of the above are just ideas at the moment and it will depend on all of us, how much of this will actually be in the next edition, so please contribute

Cheers to all of you

Ferrari Spider & Werner

« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 03:13:54 pm by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 01:06:10 pm »

On behalf of us all, fantastic!! And welcome Mr FS to the editorial team!!

To assist Werner, please keep contributions to this thread on-topic - new ideas, volunteers and useful info only.
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 01:12:26 pm »

To save on bandwidth would it be possibly to have two downloads one of the full guide and the other of the latest amendments?  Obviously a total re-write makes this impossible.

Information on Radio Le Mans and its history can be found on their website so worth having a look there.
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 01:21:07 pm »

I will help peter with info on the flight if he wants.. I did it this year also and had lots of conversations with them in the months running up to le mans..

my partners son is sorting out the pics of the trip etc from my camera.. too techie for me really Grin

Andy

DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 01:30:16 pm »

Hi Werner/Peter

One simple addition I would like is a one page summary of the entries  (as, dare I say it, they do in the Autosport guide).  Would make identification of a car easier than looking thru several pages.  For example:

Car No.,    Car make,    Drivers,      Team

Group them by class ie LMP1, P2 etc

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 01:39:14 pm »

Sounds like it will be even better than this years.

A lot of people make a holiday of their Le Mans trip or arrive as soon as the campsites open. A section on things to do and places of interest locally may be a help if these people wanted to get out and about for a change of scenery.

A volentary contribution to a CA named, or editiorial team choice charity in exchange for the download would spread the CA name. The editorial team is giving all the time and effort for free and if we can raise some money at least they will see a return for their hard work. If only 4 or 5 percent contributed someone would benefit.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 01:40:11 pm »

One thing that would be useful for me (and maybe not anyone else!) would be reverse directions to get home and save us getting lost in the town centre again.

Read them backwards you may say. I tried to entice my navigator to do so at 6.30am on Monday morning but his reply was "I can't read them backwards because I feel sick" thanks mainly to JPC's impromptu Tropicoma substitute on sunday night.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 02:13:28 pm »

I tried to entice my navigator to do so at 6.30am on Monday morning but his reply was "I can't read them backwards because I feel sick" thanks mainly to JPC's impromptu Tropicoma substitute on sunday night.

Grin Grin Grin Grin wonderful, matches my personal experience. We also got lost more often on the way home than on the way to Le Mans

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 02:16:53 pm »

One thing that would be useful for me (and maybe not anyone else!) would be reverse directions to get home and save us getting lost in the town centre again.

Read them backwards you may say. I tried to entice my navigator to do so at 6.30am on Monday morning but his reply was "I can't read them backwards because I feel sick" thanks mainly to JPC's impromptu Tropicoma substitute on sunday night.
Absolutely.  I have done the trip from here to blighty about 50 times now and have only just figured Rouen out on the way back!

Werner, will put some thought into some of the local stuff and pm you.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 02:48:53 pm »

Werner, your guide for the LM virgins in our group really help them through the weekend, How about locations of resturants in the surrounding area/town center.

Jules G
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 02:49:56 pm »

Hi Werner/Peter

One simple addition I would like is a one page summary of the entries  (as, dare I say it, they do in the Autosport guide).  Would make identification of a car easier than looking thru several pages.  For example:

Car No.,    Car make,    Drivers,      Team

Group them by class ie LMP1, P2 etc

Del

Great idea, Del
actually this was asked for by some other people I met this years as well. I've modified the initial post of this thread and included this

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 03:05:51 pm »

Well done guys. I'll try to help out with collating some humourous stories here. How "lavatorial" do you want them? Cheesy What's the protocol on swearing, sex and violence? PG, 15, or Triple XXX?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 03:13:08 pm »

What's the protocol on swearing, sex and violence? PG, 15, or Triple XXX?

Well, hard to say, but as a rule of thumb I would say: Anything you could post on the forum without having a field day with the moderators should be OK for the guide as well... Now you made me curious Grin

DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 03:17:02 pm »

Well done guys. I'll try to help out with collating some humourous stories here. How "lavatorial" do you want them? Cheesy What's the protocol on swearing, sex and violence? PG, 15, or Triple XXX?

Andy

Don't forget the basic rule:  What goes on tour stays on tour.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 03:40:14 pm »

I will help peter with info on the flight if he wants.. I did it this year also and had lots of conversations with them in the months running up to le mans..

my partners son is sorting out the pics of the trip etc from my camera.. too techie for me really Grin

Andy

Good idea, I suggest you pm Peter about this

Cheers

Werner

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: