Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 03:42:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ferrari Spider  (Read 112711 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2009, 08:28:08 am »

Good luck mate!  Smiley

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2009, 08:50:40 pm »

Peter,

Best of luck for a successful treatment and a speedy recovery.
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2009, 09:25:53 pm »

Good Luck Peter, and look forward to your return.
Brian

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
ferrarimulc
CA Veteran

I luvs wimmin I does

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2009, 07:04:50 pm »

Grin Good luck and best wishes from another Marenello worshiper.
Get well soon and we can have a bit of a go somewhere! 348 Blu Sera.
The Ffassstttesst one!!!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2009, 10:26:28 pm »

Peter, hope all goes well and that you are out of isolation in record time again!
Ferrari Spider

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2009, 10:37:44 pm »

Peter, hope all goes well and that you are out of isolation in record time again!

that would be nice Mark, but somehow I think not, the treatment is very different this time, no sneaking off to LM this year and maybe not next year either...
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2009, 11:33:00 pm »

that would be nice Mark, but somehow I think not, the treatment is very different this time, no sneaking off to LM this year and maybe not next year either...

Keep your pecker up old chap and if you need an airborne delivery to sustain you, then tip us the wink.  In the meantime, if you haven't seen them, worth a watch,

F-4s down South http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?displayContent=125603&page=11
Boys from Bahrain ('91) http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EJV-3Pto0Kg

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Ferrari Spider

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2009, 11:51:01 pm »

Mark, no worries, really quite chipper and not down in the mouth at all, at all.  The reason I won't be going through quickly is that the first ten days is purely 'conditioning', amazing how a simple word can describe quite a complex procedure, a bit like 'softening up'.  Conditioning means completely wiping out my immune system ready to receive the donor cells, in between a very large dollop of chemo to have ago at any remaining cancer cells.

No doubt members of the south coast chapter will be keeping you a breast of the state of play, really looking forward to the green diarrhea etc. Grin Grin Grin Grin

funny cards and text messages will be well received. Wink
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2009, 12:40:45 am »

Bloody hell, and there's Catherine Zeta Jones in the news, worrying about smelling like a brewery for days after conditioning her hair in beer and honey.  You'll own a brewery of your own after your little conditioning jaunt then..... Wink  Oh and while you're lying there on your back observing flies on the ceiling, draw upon the following RAF theorems:

Ceilings Landing On, Flies Observations On

How do flies land on the ceiling? Pilot Officer Prune and Flying Officer Prang, whilst resting in the dispersal hut between Ops, undertook an Observational  Research Project to establish quite how it was achieved. They were unable to agree and came to two different conclusions set out below, who if either was correct?

Theory 1. By Pilot Officer Prune

Pilot Officer Prune was of the opinion that the Fly with the throttle set at cruise flew along at the correct height below the ceiling, lowered its under cart,  and performed a half loop landing off the top.  Pilot Officer Spin disagreed as unless fitted with an altimeter working inversely from the ceiling down instead of from the ground up, the fly would be unlikely to be able to judge the correct radius to avoid nose diving into the ceiling a quarter of the way through the loop.  Flying Officer Prang also disagreed as, once sufficient airspeed to effect a a good three pointer had been lost the fly would enter an upside down stall, go into an inverted nose dive and have to go around again.  As a consequence, most flies ,especially the inexperienced, in order to achieve a safe landing would be required to fly a series of vertical circuits of gradually decreasing radius until a successful contact with the ceiling was achieved.  Pilot Officer Noseover also disagreed as landing was in essence a controlled stall onto the ground and it was impossible to stall in an upwards direction. He also added that any landing off the top of a loop would be in the opposite direction to its line of flight adding a significant work load to the already difficult landing procedure. 

Theory 2. By Flying Officer Prang

Flying Officer Prang was of the opinion that the fly flew along just below the ceiling, executed a half roll and lowered its under cart as it landed using its brakes (sticky feet) to end the landing run and prevent an inverted stall.  Pilot Officer Prune disagreed as the strain on the under cart would be tremendous and in most cases would shear it off, causing an inverted crash landing.  Wing Commander Flap also disagreed as, after one or two prangs, the fly would have no under cart left and would have to be relegated to the fly dump.

courtesy of Tee Emm 1942

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2009, 01:38:32 am »

Mark, no worries, really quite chipper and not down in the mouth at all, at all.  The reason I won't be going through quickly is that the first ten days is purely 'conditioning', amazing how a simple word can describe quite a complex procedure, a bit like 'softening up'.  Conditioning means completely wiping out my immune system ready to receive the donor cells, in between a very large dollop of chemo to have ago at any remaining cancer cells.

No doubt members of the south coast chapter will be keeping you a breast of the state of play, really looking forward to the green diarrhea etc. Grin Grin Grin Grin

funny cards and text messages will be well received. Wink

Oh my god Peter, I wish you all my best.

Jerry
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 01:40:14 am by Leftie » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2009, 09:35:01 am »

Good luck & all the best Peter, your early morning croissant run will be missed!

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2009, 10:01:34 am »

Peter if you're going to suffer from it, green or otherwise, please note it's spelt DIARRHOEA! There will be a spelling test upon your release!  Wink Seriously mate, good luck from all at Team Zarse.

Mark, Prune; hilarious!! 

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Ferrari Spider

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2009, 11:19:43 am »

Peter if you're going to suffer from it, green or otherwise, please note it's spelt DIARRHOEA! There will be a spelling test upon your release!  Wink Seriously mate, good luck from all at Team Zarse.
Mark, Prune; hilarious!! 

sorry Andy, promise to do better next time, when the DIARRHOEA starts, I'll ask how it likes to be spelt Grin Grin
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2009, 12:06:28 pm »

I have a stag do in the planning stages,

Here's an idea. Why not have a themed stag do?

The Theme?      Home and Away.

The "Home leg"    Somewhere close to hand. Wokingham for example, for a monumental piss up.

The "Away leg"    Sebring. That way you get to go to Sebring, the Old Man gets to go to Sebring, because what sort of Father doesn't go to his son's stag do? It will send out a clear message to the intended, this is how it starts and this is the way it stays. The Turn 10 guys will ensure that you have a great time and a stag do to remember, everybodies happy. Just do it Brad, how cool would that be Cool

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2009, 01:34:21 pm »

All the best from Termite Towers, Peter.  Bon courage, like what they say 'ere. Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: