Club Arnage
May 11, 2024, 09:43:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nurburgring 24hrs - advice needed!  (Read 117015 times)
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: May 21, 2009, 12:47:08 am »

This is not Lord PP getting some last booze shopping for this weekend is it.

sorry Rex  Grin

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 21, 2009, 12:55:28 am »

Just as everything was going so well......  as im speaking to Rick on the phone tonight my new car breaks down  Cry Sad Cry

It is now in the hands of the garage whether the Melans make it to the ring, apparently i have hydraulic fluid leaking from my clutch into my gear box (sounds painful!)
I had my polo for 12yrs and only in the last 3wks has it ever broken down, Katie the Corsa isnt even 2yrs old yet! I have only owned her for a week today, I wonder if I could make the garage give me a courtesy car if they can't fix it tomorrow? (that i could take to Germany?!)

and in case you're wondering Est and Hayley both only have 2 seats in their cars and Kelly has a list a mile long of repairs that need doing to hers before she'd take it abroad (already tried that one!)

a fed up melan   Cry
Sounds like ur slave cylinder (if its got a Hydraulic clutch) or the crank shaft oil seal leaking into your bell housing (ooerrrr) to me... if its contaminated the clutch then hmmmm.
You can use the PPR Pug 406 Diesel if you can get to Andys and I know Steve Z is thinking of assistance with his Bora.
You will get there!
Trust Brethren, Zarse and CA assistance.... probably the best assistance in the world.
Call me if you want the Green Slug... much bigger than the Corsa and good on juice. Smells a bit odd inside but has big sofa like seats... and no stereo. oh and the fuel guage only works first thing in the morning, but it will sit at 80 - 90 all day and do 48 ish mpg. Feel free to go half cooking oil if you want but its the same price as diesel now so not worth the hassle... but smells nice Grin
PP
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 01:15:07 am by Lord Pig-Pen » Logged

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 21, 2009, 01:07:11 am »

This is not Lord PP getting some last booze shopping for this weekend is it.

sorry Rex  Grin

Would I do a thing like that... Ram raiding is best done backwards Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 21, 2009, 01:14:13 am »

F8cks sake....

Right...lets look at the options.....

Option 1: Garage fixes/gets courtesy car for you

Option 2: You all pile onto a train to Basingstoke, and Hayley gets you to Andys - You then either take Hayley's car, or Steve drives you down, and someone jumps in with me....

Option 3: As above but with the green pug (not recommended - remember this is Pig Pen's car)

Option 4: get yourself to Oxford (which isn't hard from Leicester) and meet Steve tomorrow night...or jig the plans around to get to Steves early doors on Friday.

Not an option:  Non Attendance / Giving up / being ruled by your car.

Carlsberg don't make breakdown services - but if they did, they'd probably look something like the combined might of Zarse/Bretheren/Melans/Club Arnage.

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 21, 2009, 01:30:22 am »

F8cks sake....

Right...lets look at the options.....

Option 1: Garage fixes/gets courtesy car for you

Option 2: You all pile onto a train to Basingstoke, and Hayley gets you to Andys - You then either take Hayley's car, or Steve drives you down, and someone jumps in with me....

Option 3: As above but with the green pug (not recommended - remember this is Pig Pen's car)

Option 4: get yourself to Oxford (which isn't hard from Leicester) and meet Steve tomorrow night...or jig the plans around to get to Steves early doors on Friday.

Not an option:  Non Attendance / Giving up / being ruled by your car.

Carlsberg don't make breakdown services - but if they did, they'd probably look something like the combined might of Zarse/Bretheren/Melans/Club Arnage.
Bradley.. your options list look good apart from option 3.
The Green slug is a good honest old beater, having been maintained by my mechanic from new and for all its 223000 miles until he was given it by the owner. I have done 4000 miles since buying it 6 weeks ago and it has been faultless.
May I also add that while driving it other motorists do not question your sexual orientation, think of rainbow flags, coloured handkerchiefs in back pockets, red jeans, vests, public toilets, lorry drivers and high energy dance music.
I believe this may be a bonus over and above driving your chosen transport... if not somewhat slower and less driftable.
PP

Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 21, 2009, 01:36:25 am »

all of this might be true Rex...but have you ever tried to drive a french car across the border to Belgium??

See you at a gig soon?
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 21, 2009, 01:39:10 am »

although even with 5 of you in Ricks car - there'll probably be more room than in mine Smiley

See you at a gig soon?
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 21, 2009, 01:45:23 am »

all of this might be true Rex...but have you ever tried to drive a french car across the border to Belgium??

No.. but its got British plates and could be full of Melans Wink. From what I remember of attending the DFH reunion you just drove... past the sign that said welcome to Belgium at about 90 in Wooly's Dodge. Do you leave yormobile number in services toilets?

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 21, 2009, 03:06:57 am »

Just had an email from the ticket office. They have nothing under my name and no record of my booking.... but the funds have gone from my account.
I think Mr Zarse was right. Angry Angry Angry Angry

Good-day maddarm Rex, my name is George Agdgdgwngo from the ACO, we are having a special offer on tickets so if you can give me your bank detail....

Haha Rex, you f**ked up, you trusted the ACO, you poor gullible fool!  Wink

Finally... UPS have my tickets and thy have tried to deliver (yeah rite!) The tikets are in the Southampton depot and I have emailed saying I will collect tomorrow. Fingers cossed. Maybe General KodogoKodogo hasnt got my cash afterall Grin We shall see

Weena

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 21, 2009, 09:21:49 am »

Thank you all for trying to help Smiley
Garage not open yet, you are right LPP it is something to do with the slave and bell (the Green flag dude wrote those words on the diagnosis sheet anyway!)

If they cant fix it today, I'll make them give me a courtesy car and then i think No4 is the best option...

I'll keep you posted  Kiss

Weena

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 21, 2009, 09:42:03 am »

Just spoke to a very nice man at the garage who would like to come to the Nurburgring with us  Smiley

Anyway he's going to have a look at Katie now and let me know if they can fix her today. If not he said they should be able to sort me out with a courtesy car but I wont be able to take it abroad... (would they know!)

cross fingers xx
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 21, 2009, 01:09:33 pm »

I have my tickets in my grubby little palm after playing hunt Mr UPS this morning. Grin
All set and waiting for my last appointment before picking Doris up and heading to Zarse Towers.
We may be early so a swift visit to The Royal Oak will be in order.
Party Time Grin Evil

Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2009, 01:29:01 pm »

You B*stard.
I have to work until about 7 tonight - then I have to go home and pack...then I can finally get myself off to Zarse towers for an early night.....

See you at a gig soon?
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 21, 2009, 01:31:50 pm »

You B*stard.
I have to work until about 7 tonight - then I have to go home and pack...then I can finally get myself off to Zarse towers for an early night.....
By the time you get there we will be fed, watered and in bed... we have to be on the road at 6am.

Tee hee Grin

Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 21, 2009, 02:26:35 pm »

You B*stard.

Why did you not pack last night so you could head to Zarse Towers straight from work?

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: