Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 01:15:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nurburgring 24hrs - advice needed!  (Read 114442 times)
Weena

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2009, 01:18:11 pm »

Some of the Melans are thinking of going to the Nurburgring 24hrs race on 23/24th May, can anyone offer advice on camping, tickets etc? and is anyone else from CA going?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated  Smiley
Dobbo
CA Veteran

They've rebadged it you fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 01:44:17 pm »

I will be going again Smiley

It is a brilliant event, a lot going on over the 4 days so lots of planning required to make the most of it Wink There are a couple of options for camping. Either the permanent site at Mullenbach or the temporary camping grounds around the Nordschleife. Now this is just personal opinion but go for the temporary camping grounds every time! The facilities aren’t great (no showers) but there are bogs and most of them have a bar. The main pluses are that you will have a trackside view and the atmosphere is great. You can pay for camping and entry tickets on the gate. The campsite you head for will be driven by the time you arrive. Hatzenbach, Brunnchen and Wipperman/Hohe Acht fill up very early in the week. There are a lot of hotels in Nurburg and Adenau (both right next to the circuit).

From the 24 Hour Race:

GT support race:

Drift demonstration:

Historic race:

Weena

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 01:57:50 pm »

Thanks Dobbo  Smiley

No showers!!!!  Shocked  its bad enough with no hairdryers / straightners etc!

Is Mullenbach walking (staggering) distance from the track?
Weena

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 02:05:13 pm »

oh and for anyone else that may be interested - ferry prices, for a car of 4 people travelling out fri morning and returning mon late afternoon it works out at £18.75 each! bargain  Smiley

Ive worked out the round trip will be 1016.6 miles, how much will that cost in fuel? (sorry im a proper girl  Huh) we will probably be going in a 1ltr polo  Smiley
Dobbo
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 02:10:50 pm »

It is within easy reach of the GP circuit but then you will end up spending all of your time watching from a modern sanatised F1 track instead of the Nordschleife. To be fair though, you can always hop in the car and drive to some of the other parts of the track. Do this on thu, fri or sun becasue once the race starts on Sat the roads are very busy.

I have created a map for the event showing locations for camping. This is hosted on my site so, Mods, please remove if inappropriate.
http://www.racetours.co.uk/nring%20map.jpg

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 02:23:36 pm »

oh and for anyone else that may be interested - ferry prices, for a car of 4 people travelling out fri morning and returning mon late afternoon it works out at £18.75 each! bargain  Smiley

Ive worked out the round trip will be 1016.6 miles, how much will that cost in fuel? (sorry im a proper girl  Huh) we will probably be going in a 1ltr polo  Smiley

And what exam have you just passed??  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Weena

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 02:28:43 pm »

why would i know how much fuel my car uses per mile?! if you could tell me that then im very good at using a calculator  Wink
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 02:38:03 pm »

......there are bogs and most of them have a bar.

Now there's an idea the ACO should adopt - would save the legs a bit    Tongue Tongue

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 02:56:16 pm »

To be fair though, you can always hop in the car and drive to some of the other parts of the track.

You are obviously unaware of the Melans Code of Conduct.

It reads:  Once at the track no driving shall take place as you shall be drinking from sun up to sun down.  Note - sometimes these two times blend into one.    Grin

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Weena

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 04:00:29 pm »

Mr Vicky of the Melans has kindly answered my fuel cost question  Smiley
Evil Genius Zarse
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 05:28:37 pm »

Mr Vicky of the Melans?! Hmmm!
tn*c
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 07:35:11 pm »

I may even be persuaded to go! Then company car and fuel! Can easily fit you girls and cases in the car. Funny seeing Row and Ester get out the smart car at Spa two years ago though.
Dobbo
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 08:41:26 pm »

You are obviously unaware of the Melans Code of Conduct.

It reads:  Once at the track no driving shall take place as you shall be drinking from sun up to sun down.  Note - sometimes these two times blend into one.    Grin

Dx

And an excellent code of conduct it is too Grin All the more reason to camp out on the Nordschleife then and you will have racing and beer only yards from your tent!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 08:53:49 pm »

I may even be persuaded to go! Then company car and fuel! Can easily fit you girls and cases in the car. Funny seeing Row and Ester get out the smart car at Spa two years ago though.
Depending on the seemingly never ending drain on funds, I could be persuaded to attend too. Its a long shot but I'll work on it. I don't think Lady PP will be too approving but you never now Wink
Sounds like fun..... but by her comment about last years LM of " You spent £60 on a race ticket to drink Guiness all weekend and ignore the cars"I think explaining I am going to Germany to do similar may fall on unpersuaded ears Roll Eyes

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 09:27:20 pm »

Depending on the seemingly never ending drain on funds, I could be persuaded to attend too. Its a long shot but I'll work on it. I don't think Lady PP will be too approving but you never now Wink
Sounds like fun..... but by her comment about last years LM of " You spent £60 on a race ticket to drink Guiness all weekend and ignore the cars"I think explaining I am going to Germany to do similar may fall on unpersuaded ears Roll Eyes

Rex, where has all your charm gone?

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: