Club Arnage
April 19, 2024, 01:25:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 heures du Castelet LMS  (Read 16362 times)
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 01:18:11 pm »

Just saw on the website that on Friday the track won't be open for the public  Huh ...  French bastards !
Guess we'll have to head on to Saint Tropez on Friday afternoon ... Sun, sea, terrace, wine and hopefully a nice view, it could be worse  Grin

Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 06:51:47 pm »

I'm ready !

Grin

lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 09:01:45 pm »

see you there dottore do you want to meet for a beer ?

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 09:30:57 pm »

Only just saw your post lofty, wifi in the hotel is a real pain in the ass. Would love to meet up for a beer, I'll send you my number in pm

Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 04:52:06 pm »

Back home ... Great track, nice race, nice weather on Saturday, too cold weather on Sunday ...
Will post more pictures during the week, first some work to do (sadly enough).

lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 06:06:14 pm »

hi when you sent reply i was just pitching up.next time.im putting pictures on computer now only got back 3 hours ago.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 06:21:10 pm »

Another one

@ Lofty : Next time, we'll meet up for a few beers  !!

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 06:40:11 pm »

Superb pics as per, Dottore.  How was access around the track for the paying public?  I've only ever been there with a press pass which I probably won't get again. 

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2010, 11:12:59 pm »

Superb pics as per, Dottore.  How was access around the track for the paying public?  I've only ever been there with a press pass which I probably won't get again.  

Thanx !

Acces 'round the track wasn't bad.  We could walk from the start/finish straight (tribune across the pitlane) up to the double righthander at the end of the backstraight.  Nice views of the sweeping bends before start/finish with a grandstand and bar, and then you could walk back to the end of the back straight.  Lots of possibility to shoot over the fences, just a shame I couldn't shoot through it, as there's a second lower fence in front of the big one (600 mm was't enough).   I was very impressed by the track, everything very clean and still like new, great setting for a racetrack.  Walked through a part of the paddock, but didn't find any more spots to take some nice pictures.  It could have been better if they opened a bit more public-area's (end of the start/finish straight with the corners behind it, maybe somekind of viewing area at the backstraight), but it was quite ok for me.  Only the boutique was a disappointment; located at the entry of the track, and allmost nothing in stock ... and if they had something it was in children-size (small or large if you were lucky).   Good parking facilities inside the track, easy to get in with pre-paid tickets ... lots of tracks can learn from it.  Compared with Spa over here, we're living in the Stone age.

If they organise this race again next year, chances are high I'll be there again.  

Edit ... another picture (no sharpening, just cropped it and added some contrast) Grin

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:10:04 am by Dottore » Logged

Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 05:11:39 am »

Glad to hear you had a good time, and that Ricard is still in good shape.  I always thought it was a terrific GP venue, state of the art when built in 1970, and remains so.  It's always been mind-boggling to me that the French GP was moved from there, but then again, we are talking about the FIA.  The combination of hight speed sweepers and the long Mistral straight made for a bloody challenging circuit, to drive, and set a car up for.  The Verriere esses, Signes and Beausset were always corners that separated the men from the boys.
Fax
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: