Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 07:51:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ticket Ordering for 2011  (Read 108289 times)
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2010, 08:39:29 pm »

Taking an adversarial approach as an individual or small group on a single issue may (or may not) yield the camp site place(s) you believe you are entitled to, however even if it does get you what you want in 2011, it will make not a jot of difference to ACO policy in the long run. I think that for the Club Arnage community to open up a dialogue with ACO marketing who make the promises and set the policies (rather than the ticketing department who are administrators), and on a broader range of issues is a positive thing, and I am sure that it will gain their cooperation and evolve ACO policy in the right direction. I don't think that going to them in 'high dudgeon' with a list of accusations and demands is the right way to go about it.

Tom is quite right.
The issue of priority booking for Passion 24 VIP members is the only issue on which the ACO can be shown to be in breach of its obligations. Sorry to sound like a lawyer, but I am one.
Widen the issue to the ACO's handling of campsite allocation, and the ACO can turn round and say that it's their business and they are doing their best under difficult circumstances.

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2010, 12:04:01 pm »

I have the greatest respect for Tom and Christopher and I'm sure they know what they're talking about.  However, I do think we might get ourselves on the wrong side of the people we wish to court by going in all guns blazing. Why not try a friendly co-operative approach to begin with then maybe we'll have a bit of influence in the future?

They want to make money and we want to pay, within reasonable limits.  Maybe seeking common ground would yield a better return in the long run?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: November 14, 2010, 07:13:03 pm »

I think you're right

I'm told that to argue with the French, just learning to speak French doesn't really help.  They seem to be quite happy to be in the wrong.  It has to be a matter of national pride or honour or something very alien to us Brits to get them worked up.

I'm happy to leave it to the experts

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2010, 04:01:44 am »

I have the greatest respect for Tom and Christopher and I'm sure they know what they're talking about.  However, I do think we might get ourselves on the wrong side of the people we wish to court by going in all guns blazing. Why not try a friendly co-operative approach to begin with then maybe we'll have a bit of influence in the future?

They want to make money and we want to pay, within reasonable limits.  Maybe seeking common ground would yield a better return in the long run?

I'm not suggesting any sort of aggressive approach.   

I am very frutrated by the problems ordering tickets this year.  May be I'll be less frustrated come the end of the month when they write to me with details of the restults of my telephone order.

GF asked for experiences/problems and suggestions for improvement.  I have written to GF in more detail than I have here.    I just feel that untill GF has all of the comments we should not really discount any experiences, problems or suggestions.

I'm not particularly good at putting together what is required.   Other than to say we need to list:-

What we see as not working well. 
What we think might be a solution.

Then to ask if there is any common ground that we can work on to resolve the issues.

For example.

Problem:  The website didn't work well in English translation.  (Some parts of the English site were still in french)
Solution:  Recruit some CAers to act as testers in return for a free Entrance and Camping ticket of choice.

They may like the idea in which case it's a win,win.
They may feel that the price is too high for them but they would be willing to offer the Entrance but Charge for the Camping.  As I see it that is still a win.
They may not like the idea at all.  I don't see that as a loosing situation as such it's "no change" but atleast we tried.   Smiley

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2010, 11:51:12 am »

Well someone seems to think they are sorted ;

blueST said:
I've got my three pitches for MB paid for. Well excited! Was just pondering what day to arrive with my mate today, late Tuesday or Early Wed?..

Had to wait for a cancellation for the third pitch and that was over a month ago. MB pitches will be few and far between now I reckon.

This was taken from the PH forum.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2010, 12:16:49 pm »

It all depends on where he bought it! I had an order cancelled at justtickets for 10 pitches and they had them reserved for us. However after talking to a dutch agency, we cancelled, because they cannot assure you for the pitches, cause the ticket agencies do not know yet what they get. So the guy in the above post might get lost in the dark afterall!

Mind you, I talked to the CEO of the dutch ticket agency, and he told me that last year the ACO decided in late april that MB would actually be opened for camping at all. As GF says, the ticket agencies face the same problems we do, only on a larger magnitude. I am totally in favour of making a positive effort to have things change within the ACO. For whatever reason you want to camp at Le Mans, it is a big part of the experience and it should not be so bloody difficult to get tickets every year!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2010, 12:45:15 pm »

For whatever reason you want to camp at Le Mans, it is a big part of the experience and it should not be so bloody difficult to get tickets every year!

Exactly!

But it seems that the ACO dont realise that there is a difference between BN & BSJ.

I suppose from one POV this is good as the could charge more for BN.

However If I dont get BN (or better) then Its unlikely that I'll be going for as much as I like Le Mans I just coudln't be bothered with camping in a distant potential bog. Im sure many newbies are happy with this as they dont know better, but im almost an oldie (10 yrs) so know what I want!
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2010, 03:08:58 pm »

For whatever reason you want to camp at Le Mans, it is a big part of the experience and it should not be so bloody difficult to get tickets every year!

But it seems that the ACO dont realise that there is a difference between BN & BSJ.

I think the above comments are exactly what GF is saying, and I'm totally in agreement with him.

The problems with ordering tickets this year are only a sympton of the broader issue.  Last year, and for many of the previous years, the symptons were different, but resulted in the same difficulties in getting what you wanted.

I believe that we should go in and explain at a broad brush level what the 'Le Mans Experience' is for many non-French attendees, with particular reference to the camping.  Only when that message has been accepted, then specifics of the problems with this year's on-line system can be highlighted - and I would respectfully suggest that this does NOT include the fact that some of the web site was/is in French.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2010, 03:43:52 pm »

I and I would respectfully suggest that this does NOT include the fact that some of the web site was/is in French.

Del

Yes Its a French organisation so Id expect it in French, so thats really a non issue.
I didnt actually realise that some of the English bit was in French ! My French isnt good but trying the French ordering was part of the "fun".

I wonder what the Japanese part was like?
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 15, 2010, 04:26:58 pm »

blueST said:
I've got my three pitches for MB paid for. Well excited! Was just pondering what day to arrive with my mate today, late Tuesday or Early Wed?..

Had to wait for a cancellation for the third pitch and that was over a month ago. MB pitches will be few and far between now I reckon.

Stu,
I'm fairley certain this guy went through an agency.
Think he confirms it in a later post.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: November 16, 2010, 08:33:55 am »

blueST said:

Stu,
I'm fairley certain this guy went through an agency.
Think he confirms it in a later post.

Yep, but what he does not realize is that the Ticket Agency is taking a gamble with his money, because they have not received their allocation either!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 16, 2010, 09:13:43 am »

Yes I agree its a gamble. And they take full payment with the booking!

The agency he used was

http://www.tickets-2-u.com/lmr.htm

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 16, 2010, 09:42:29 am »

My complaint is quite simple. I was promised "priorité  pour réserver les places en tribune et/ou dans l’aire d’accueil de votre choix .." as part of my Passion 24 VIP menbership. So far that promise has not been fulfilled. For 2010 I shall continue to try and get the passes I've applied for.
Unless I'm given a cast-iron assurance that the promise is fulfilled in 2011, I'm not going to renew my membership.
The conditions under which agencies are sold tickets are irrelevant, since we VIP members have been promised priority.

Just to clarify we have two seperate issues here.

Firstly there's the question of the possible failure of the ACO to deliver on promises made to VIP members. If I was still an ACO member I would be in the vanguard of the fleet rushing to rip them to shreds on this. However, I packed in ACO membership five years ago, disappointed at what my Euros were getting me...

Secondly, there is the possibility of a meeting with policy makers at the ACO with a view to long term omprovement, not only in the matter of ticketing and camping but I guess the entire experience.

In my view, and with due respect to curent VIP members, the second issue is of greater importance when looking at the bigger picture. Therefore, can I strongly suggest that those currently taking the ACO to task do not mention either the potantial meeting with the ACO or indeed the name of Club Arnage?

IMO there's no point spoiling the ship for a ha'ppeth (or indeed 95Euros) of tar!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: November 16, 2010, 10:30:27 am »

Yes I agree its a gamble. And they take full payment with the booking!

The agency he used was

http://www.tickets-2-u.com/lmr.htm

Let's hope for him he gets what he wants, but their is no garantee he will.

Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 16, 2010, 11:44:39 am »

Just to clarify we have two seperate issues here.

Firstly there's the question of the possible failure of the ACO to deliver on promises made to VIP members. If I was still an ACO member I would be in the vanguard of the fleet rushing to rip them to shreds on this. However, I packed in ACO membership five years ago, disappointed at what my Euros were getting me...

Secondly, there is the possibility of a meeting with policy makers at the ACO with a view to long term omprovement, not only in the matter of ticketing and camping but I guess the entire experience.

In my view, and with due respect to curent VIP members, the second issue is of greater importance when looking at the bigger picture. Therefore, can I strongly suggest that those currently taking the ACO to task do not mention either the potantial meeting with the ACO or indeed the name of Club Arnage?

IMO there's no point spoiling the ship for a ha'ppeth (or indeed 95Euros) of tar!

I couldn't agree more. I've no intention of bringing the name of Club Arnage into my dealings with the ACO. I'll deal with them direct, as will a number of other French (ie non-overseas) members.
The ACO had a turnover of 39 million euros in 2009, so there's no point in my threatening them with my resignation. For me it's just a choice between forking out for priority booking or not. If the priority turns out to be genuine for 2012, and a cock-up at first attempt for 2011, then I'll carry on as a member; if not, I'll put the 98 euros towards the camping passes.
That's the only beef I have against the ACO. In my book they are entitled to run their business how they like, so long as there's clarity about the way they operate.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: