Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 10:13:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring '11: Who's in?  (Read 34203 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 06:07:42 pm »

I'm 99% not likely - first year I won't have been in Florida at race weekend since 2002, even though my Sebring attendance has become somewhat patchy.

I'm having to keep the decks clear just in case I land a job.

If it gets near to the time and there seems to be no prospect then the 1% may come into play.
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 08:08:41 pm »

It's game on from Indy.  Will be Thundering down I65 and then I75 on Thursday - early, so it looks like we'll be leaving ahead of you Fax (no need to check mirrors for silver Panzer Tank coming up on you moderately above the speed limit).  Traveling down with Alex, my brother-in-law who's attended about 35 consecutive Indy 500s but never been to a road circuit.  What a treat he has in store.  Will arrive at the track Thurs evening and fishtail outta there early Sunday.  Can't frickin' wait!!
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 08:30:37 pm »

It'll be great to see you Dave (and Matt & Seth of course), its been one bitch of a long, cold, snowy winter up here hasn't it?  It'll be fantastic to see Alex again after all these years, he's in for a real eye opener, Turn 10 is definitely not the Coke lot at IMS.  We're heading down on Sunday the 13th, but making the rounds of the retired, snow-bird Aunts & Uncles in Florida (Tampa & Naples respectively) before heading to Sebring. We'll be thumping up from Naples bright & early Friday morning, and heading straight for the Turn-10 area.
Fax
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 02:42:01 am »

It's been a nasty winter for Texas with the snow and ice as well AND some cold weather for Florida could still be in play mid-March.  My advice, be prepared just in case.  Bring the long johns and something warm to sleep in.  Canada Phil should be able to give some good advice on how to prepare even if it is Florida.  Have fun folks, sorry I won't be there.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 02:43:34 am by johnevans3 » Logged
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 06:10:05 am »

It's been a nasty winter for Texas with the snow and ice as well AND some cold weather for Florida could still be in play mid-March.  My advice, be prepared just in case.  Bring the long johns and something warm to sleep in.  Canada Phil should be able to give some good advice on how to prepare even if it is Florida.  Have fun folks, sorry I won't be there.

Hi John,
             sorry to hear you are not able to make it. Just send the Deer sausage then Smiley
I expect it will have warmed up by March though one should always be prepared for unseasonal weather at any race track.
Phil
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 12:09:33 pm »

I won't make it this year.  First miss since 2003.  Tongue

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
goodduck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 06:13:01 am »

anyone want to give me a ride from DC? my poor old volvo will never make it.

looking for 2 General Admission tickets for 2023 24H Le Mans race only but will buy anything available.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2011, 06:56:27 am »

I might be on one of my regular business trips to Detroit in that timeframe - which would be a complete coincidence then, of course Grin

But even if this works out it will be a Friday evening - Sunday noon then only - I'll know a couple of days before. What's the best way to catch up with CA/Turn 10 folks when arriving late Friday evening, say after 10:00 pm?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 07:02:39 am by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2011, 08:23:54 am »

No problem Werner, just show up for the slide show and let Woolly know you are coming!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2011, 10:42:43 am »

I might be on one of my regular business trips to Detroit in that timeframe - which would be a complete coincidence then, of course Grin

But even if this works out it will be a Friday evening - Sunday noon then only - I'll know a couple of days before. What's the best way to catch up with CA/Turn 10 folks when arriving late Friday evening, say after 10:00 pm?

Meet me in Orlando airport and rent a shitbox Dodge?  Wink

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 11:01:16 am »

Steve East Anglian cobras

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2011, 11:15:04 am »

Are you serious about this Andy? I may be on for a Friday to Sunday Cool

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2011, 02:20:38 pm »

Sounds like a plan - let's stay in touch

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 02:21:43 pm »

No problem Werner, just show up for the slide show and let Woolly know you are coming!

Slide show Huh Woolly Huh Huh

knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011, 02:50:22 pm »

Turn 10 always has the Lee's infamous slide show on the friday night and Woolly (brethren) is going to be there this year. You could go to www.sebringfans.com and log on and get in touch with the amazing randy, I am sure he can set you up with a tent, matras and sleeping bag. Or I could ask Clay to bring my tent, which you could use for the duration of your stay.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: