Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 10:01:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring '11: Who's in?  (Read 34237 times)
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2011, 12:06:29 am »

Hi Matt,
Agreed, this one's a shaping up to be a riot.  It'll be great to everyone again, and I see a legless Friday night looming on the horizon. Richard was sold on Sebring last year and I suspect Nick, and Dave's bro-in-law Alex will feel the same.
Kirsten are driving down to Tampa on Sunday, spending a couple of days there, then driving down to Naples on Wed. We'll stay there until early Friday when we head up to Sebring, hoping to be there mid morning Friday.  If you've got an extra tent & air matress laying around, and have space to carry it, we could defintiely use it.  Big thanks if you can help out with that.  I was going to borrow one from a buddy, but we're going to be a bit tight on space, we're taking the Civic in the interest of fuel economy (with the sh*t hitting the fan in the Middle East, and fuel prices taking off), and will be taking a weeks worth of crap with us.  Space allowing I may try to stuff R2D2 in back, its been a while since that ugly little spud's been dragged around Sebring.
A shootout at the Sowboat! Now that's entertainment you can't find at your average, suburban watering hole.  Holy sh*t! Grab your beer & dive over the bar!  Glad to hear the place is still there, up here when that happens in a dive bar, they do the investigation, then usually roll in with a bulldozer the next day and flatten the place, especially if bike gangs are involved.
Can't to see you and the rest of guys,
Fax
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2011, 12:50:46 am »

If you've got an extra tent & air matress laying around, and have space to carry it, we could defintiely use it.  Big thanks if you can help out with that. 

OK consider it done - see you in T10 on Friday morning.....

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2011, 12:56:22 am »

If a shoot out broke out in a bar i was in, I know man has his priorities and such, but I would be leaving my beer wherever it was and just dive over the bar. Make sure I lived to drink again another day LOL ! Grin
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2011, 06:52:55 pm »

Big thanks Matt, we'll see you Friday morning, drinking boots on...
Agreed Chris, let the beer take one for the team, it can be replaced.  Something like that almost happened several years ago at a place the Harper boys know well, Haps Irish Pub here in Cincy.  The place is a favorite hangout of the Cincy district 2 cops, and one of them was carrying on with a completely crazy girl, he eventually ended dumping her, and she showed up at Haps looking for him to express her displeasure...wielding one of his guns!  Needless to say we were diving behind the bar and fleeing out the back door, convinced she was going to take out Dave, and everyone sitting near him.  Fortunately some calm conversation cooled her off before she opened fire.
Fax
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2011, 04:17:18 am »

Hi Fax,
         It will be good to see R2D2 again..... and you and Kirsten ofcourse.
Phil
goodduck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2011, 07:08:00 pm »

ive scraped some money from recent sales and i am going. Im deciding today whether to fly down or drive from Wash DC.

it will finally be my first time at sebring. it would be awesome to meet you guys, and Phil I owe you a Leffe from LM 07. Turn 10 sounds like a vision of heaven. and yes i will be bringing my drinking boots. big time.

looking for 2 General Admission tickets for 2023 24H Le Mans race only but will buy anything available.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2011, 09:57:45 pm »

Goodluck,

My first and only time so far was 2007........and all I can say is that the hospitality is bar none......It's like LM but completely different..no catch fencing and at Turn 10 you are just a few feet from the track...awesome!!!!

Andy
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2011, 04:48:42 am »

ive scraped some money from recent sales and i am going. Im deciding today whether to fly down or drive from Wash DC.

it will finally be my first time at sebring. it would be awesome to meet you guys, and Phil I owe you a Leffe from LM 07. Turn 10 sounds like a vision of heaven. and yes i will be bringing my drinking boots. big time.

Hi goodduck,
                  Be happy to share a beer with you. Not a bad drive from DC. I will probably drive this year too.
 Phil
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2011, 03:56:50 am »

Getting my sh*t together and going on the road Grin my mechanic reports i should have a running car by Thursday.

Smokie I am loading sorting camping stuff ready to pack.
 Werner i will have spare sleeping stuff if you are able to make it.

Camp Pidge / Club Arnage will be in the usual spot.

Phil
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2011, 09:10:24 am »

I'm just having a coffee before taking Woolly to Gatwick for his flight to Orlando, where he'll be deposited into the culpable hands of Messrs Harper. May God have mercy on his soul.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
goodduck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2011, 06:18:17 pm »

Originally was going to shoot for wednesday night to get there but now i am finalizing my plans. What is the best day/ time to get there? are the race events / practice sessions that happen before friday worth your while? is it hard to find good spots after a certain day?

thanks

looking for 2 General Admission tickets for 2023 24H Le Mans race only but will buy anything available.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2011, 07:00:09 pm »

Attached is the schedule, looks like a pretty full day of track activity Wed, Thurs, & Friday before the race on Saturday.  Weather looking very pleasant too.
The Mrs & I make the 14 hour drive south this Sunday...
Matt, big thanks buddy for the help with the gear, I owe you some steaks & beverages when we get there.
Fax

* 2011-EventSchedule.pdf (54.76 KB - downloaded 188 times.)
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2011, 07:18:19 pm »

Orlando bound with my brother Nick on Wednesday 16th March. Picking up a rental RV with the Matt & Dave (Harper) + Seth which we can hopefully get parked close up to the Turn 10 action. My first Sebring was 2010 and I'm hooked. Fax - thanks for the VIP guided tour last year and looking forward to seeing you and Kirsten again very soon!

Great deals on flights with Virgin and BA at the moment if anybody in the UK is still undecided about going...

Looking forward to seeing all of you guys again.

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2011, 07:26:13 pm »

It's game on from Indy.  Will be Thundering down I65 and then I75 on Thursday - early, so it looks like we'll be leaving ahead of you Fax (no need to check mirrors for silver Panzer Tank coming up on you moderately above the speed limit).  Traveling down with Alex, my brother-in-law who's attended about 35 consecutive Indy 500s but never been to a road circuit.  What a treat he has in store.  Will arrive at the track Thurs evening and fishtail outta there early Sunday.  Can't frickin' wait!!

Try to get here early enough for night practice,and the WFO party.

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2011, 07:31:33 pm »

I might be on one of my regular business trips to Detroit in that timeframe - which would be a complete coincidence then, of course Grin

But even if this works out it will be a Friday evening - Sunday noon then only - I'll know a couple of days before. What's the best way to catch up with CA/Turn 10 folks when arriving late Friday evening, say after 10:00 pm?

sounds like a plan!

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: