Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 11:09:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 2013  (Read 51204 times)
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2013, 01:28:22 am »

Brad are you and Ian coming this year or are you just advising from afar ?
Phil
Unfortunatly it's pretty sure that neither Brad or I will make it this year (unless Brad has a secret tunnel plan), we will however be at LM, look forward to meeting up with you there (assuming you will be there).

Hi Ian and Brad,
                      Pity you can not make it to Sebring but atleast you have seen it during one of the glory periods.
Petit in Atlanta in the autum is another opportunity (if the loto comes through for you Smiley
Yes LM plan in the hands of Tom again.
Phil

Hi Phil,
When do you get in to the UK? a benifit of LM being a week later this year is that the Brooklands Double Twelve is on the Sunday before, http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/double12/ which I might venture up to as we normally miss it.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2013, 02:34:35 am »

Hi Ian,
         That looks interesting. As LM is a week later than usual I am thinking of coming over earlier and doing my English part 1st and ending with LM.  If I have not spent all my money on Beer and Racing by then I might be able to waste some on that Smiley Saturday sounds like the better day for fast cars on track.
Phil
20v Si

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2013, 10:34:23 am »

Hi guys, am off to Sebring for the first time this year having been to Le Mans for the last 7 years, have a few questions hopefully you can help with.

Tickets, take it we only need one North Paddock parking ticket per car and this includes the camping? We'll be arriving at the circuit on Thursday morning, is the camping marked pitches like LM is now or a pick your own spot free for all?

Any hints and tips for things to do and see there?

Thanks!

Si
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2013, 11:29:39 am »

Hi Ian,
         That looks interesting. As LM is a week later than usual I am thinking of coming over earlier and doing my English part 1st and ending with LM.  If I have not spent all my money on Beer and Racing by then I might be able to waste some on that Smiley Saturday sounds like the better day for fast cars on track.
Phil
Have to admit, had'nt looked to hard at the schedule, I am still getting used to not working Saturdays so default to Sunday, I'm sure it will be good on booth days, and as you know, I am always up for going to Brooklands. We can develop a plan closer to the time. Mean time have a ball at Sebring.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2013, 01:23:47 pm »

Hi 20v,

You will need a general car park ticket if you want to camp on Green Park as that is where all the action is.

You can order your tickets online on the Sebring site, but you will have to collect your tickets from the "will call centre" just to the right of the queueing lanes at the main gates as tickets are not posted to overseas visitors.
I you ask somebody they will point you in the right direction.

Andy
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2013, 06:14:06 pm »

Hi H20v,
           Unless you go witha RV and reserved spot ($450) I would not recommend the North Paddock as a camping location. Car parking $40 lets you tent camp in either Green Park lots of action (no sleep till Sunday) General Parking or Spectator Parking. see track map for these areas http://sebringraceway.com/track_map.lasso   Camp sites are unmarked freefor all. Take only the space you need and be aware you can get blocked in. You do not need to camp at the fence in order to watch the race as there is a 10ft reserved pedestrian way trackside.
Your Super Pass gives the same kind of access as a GE at Le Mans PLUS the Paddock right up to the back of the pits.
Remember track action starts on Wednesday morning plan your arrival accordingly.
Phil
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2013, 06:25:08 pm »

for H20v If this works you will see my tent in "Camp Pidge" in the Genarl Parking area. 2011 This was on Wednesday morning

by Friday it was no longer visible from the spot I took this picture Smiley
Phil
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2013, 06:28:25 pm »

Take powder to clear Fire Ants.  Those things really hurt when they bite.

Don't bother with a long lens for your camera - catch fencing is minimal at Sebring and you're almost on the track.

Make sure that at the very least you visit Turn 10 - there'll be a Club Arnage Flag or Banner there somewhere - great viewing at T.10, and marvellous company who will always chat.

Get involved in the Party - The Party Barge, F-Troop and "Hank and Sheilas Frikking Big Tent" are all must sees.  

If someone offers you something to drink from a Jam Jar, don't drink it like Lemonade. (Lesson learnt).

If someone offers you "cherries" - don't eat 9 of them in 10 minutes unless you're sure.  (Lesson learnt).

If someone offers you "Pineapple" - eat it.  It's lovely.  But make sure you're sure.

Sebring 2012 was one of the best events I've ever attended - the people, the track, the noise, the people, the party, the people, the booze, the party, but mainly the people.  You will have an absolute blast.  Be aware that it IS slightly different to Le-Mans - less tolerant of complete Bell-ends from what I can see - but that's what happens when you replace the weedy Gendamerie, with American Cops.  With Guns.  Smiley

Have a great time!

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2013, 04:18:22 am »

Hi Brad,
           I am suprised you can remember all that  Grin Grin Grin Good advice.
Phil
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2013, 02:17:09 pm »

Couldn't resist ... booked a warm-up trip before heading off to Sebring  Grin.  F1 test @ circuit de Catalunya (Barcelona) ... out March 1st, in March 4th, should be in the mood then to leave again on the 8th to Florida  Cool

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2013, 09:35:50 pm »

Couldn't resist ... booked a warm-up trip before heading off to Sebring  Grin.  F1 test @ circuit de Catalunya (Barcelona) ... out March 1st, in March 4th, should be in the mood then to leave again on the 8th to Florida  Cool

Hey Dottore, which lottery did you win? Don't tell me... you are not married. That would explain it.  Grin

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2013, 10:03:44 pm »

Couldn't resist ... booked a warm-up trip before heading off to Sebring  Grin.  F1 test @ circuit de Catalunya (Barcelona) ... out March 1st, in March 4th, should be in the mood then to leave again on the 8th to Florida  Cool

Hey Dottore, which lottery did you win? Don't tell me... you are not married. That would explain it.  Grin

>Martini...LB

That last one explains it all  Grin and I've got to catch up those 6 months I lost last year ! (which actually got me up to a nice budget to spend in 2013)
Start of the season this weekend with Legend Boucles de Spa, then on to Barcelona, Amelia Island, Sebring, Fontana, TAC Rally (Belgium), Brands Hatch, Silverstone and Spa.  Then dilemma : 24h Ring or DTM at Brands (budget says DTM), testweekend Le Mans, Le Mans & Rock Werchter.  Plans for July/August : rob a few banks  Grin

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:09:33 pm by Dottore » Logged

Bruichladdich Boy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2013, 02:43:49 pm »

This popped up on FaceBook this morning, another pointless expense. However given the approach of law enforcement to those going to Sebring is not always positive, particularly if you are caught speeding, ignoring this new requirement could prove expensive, at best.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/idp.html

USA (Florida) compulsory IDP – 1 January 2013
A law introduced in Florida, USA, on 1 January 2013 requires all persons who hold a licence issued outside of the US to carry an International Driving Permit along with their national driving licence.

Without an IDP, a driver is therefore driving without a valid licence. If stopped, law enforcement has the options of:

Arresting the driver and taking them to jail
Or giving the driver a citation with a mandatory court appearance
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2013, 10:52:32 pm »

I'd hang fire at the moment as the authorities seem to be back pedalling on this as they hadn't thought it through and it contravines a Geneva convention rule or something and they will not currently enforce violations whilst its clarified or sorted out. They are probably going to ammend it so that if your licence is already written in English language, then you probably won't need the IDP as well as your licence will be ok.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/IDP.htm

Also I am pretty sure that if this is causing an issue at the airports then it would be on the news over here as Brits riot at the airport because they can't get a rental car after being sat on a plane for 11 hours. They would be jumping the counter and knocking the living #### out of the people behind the counters.

That said I have read today that Hertz and Avis will not rent out a car without the IDP but Alamo and Dollar will rent them out and don't want to see an IDP
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2013, 10:54:02 pm »

Funny ... when I showed my IDP last year at the rental company (Dollar), they wouldn't accept it ...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: