Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 03:03:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dakar Rally 2013  (Read 17465 times)
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 11:03:31 am »

Back on topic, looks like Robby Gordon is out of the race having dumped the car on its roof.

in happier times at the start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAS3qP-nZ0g

head to 2 mins to see his famous start to the Dakar

no wonder it ended up on its roof  Roll Eyes

Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 12:21:43 pm »

Back on topic, looks like Robby Gordon is out of the race having dumped the car on its roof.

in happier times at the start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAS3qP-nZ0g

head to 2 mins to see his famous start to the Dakar

no wonder it ended up on its roof  Roll Eyes

he is still in rallly,  woohoo
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 01:00:35 pm »

Has anyone found difficulty in finding this on Eurosport.  Its IS like hitting a moving target

Last night the 10 pm slot was postponed for repeats of the Olympics, and then something live appeared so it was cancelled and the 12pm slot moved back, then it suddenly appeared at 11pm and the 12pm slot reappeared too.

I'll stick to watching Bonneville on YouTube Cool

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 01:43:00 pm »

Lorry,

My sky plus recordings are working ok so far not missed any, have a look at the eurosport website as they put the footage up there and the Dakar.com has plenty of photo's at least and the live tracker works pretty well.

It will all change once the snooker starts this coming weekend Roll Eyes Angry
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 03:40:23 pm »

.......It will all change once the snooker starts this coming weekend Roll Eyes Angry
And the Tennis today.

I'm not paying for Sky+

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 06:35:43 pm »

.......It will all change once the snooker starts this coming weekend Roll Eyes Angry
And the Tennis today.

I'm not paying for Sky+

Sky + is free (you do, of course, need a Sky box with a hard drive in it).

Steve East Anglian cobras

Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 08:37:41 am »

Been watching some of the coverage here on NBC Sports Network.  Have to admit being old school, its a bit weird still using the name Dakar, but I get it. Sabine's spirit still live's on in a event like this.  And I've always been a fan of Carlos Sainz.
Readily admit to finding great delight at seeing Robby Gordon (who NBC Sports has clearly been pimping) falling on his pampered, entitled face.  This obnoxious clown personifies everything that's often wrong with American drivers.  He's the spoiled son of one of California's wealthiest industrialist, which isn't a crime, but the guy's one of the biggest cry-baby's in the history of the sport. The dude's never had to do a honest days' work in his entire fricking life, daddy's paid for every ride, or car, the jackass has ever driven, but as soon as you stick a microphone in front of him he starts whinging like a sixteen year old girl with PMS.  Wish this guy would just fall into a great hole in Argentina and never be seen from again.
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 05:20:02 pm »

Been watching some of the coverage here on NBC Sports Network.  Have to admit being old school, its a bit weird still using the name Dakar, but I get it. Sabine's spirit still live's on in a event like this.  And I've always been a fan of Carlos Sainz.
Readily admit to finding great delight at seeing Robby Gordon (who NBC Sports has clearly been pimping) falling on his pampered, entitled face.  This obnoxious clown personifies everything that's often wrong with American drivers.  He's the spoiled son of one of California's wealthiest industrialist, which isn't a crime, but the guy's one of the biggest cry-baby's in the history of the sport. The dude's never had to do a honest days' work in his entire fricking life, daddy's paid for every ride, or car, the jackass has ever driven, but as soon as you stick a microphone in front of him he starts whinging like a sixteen year old girl with PMS.  Wish this guy would just fall into a great hole in Argentina and never be seen from again.

So love lost then!

I know nothing about his past or present life, just like the orange hummer on full attack mode. You nearly had your wish on stage 4 when he went over on his roof!
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 05:22:12 pm »

There is some unpleasant news from the Race 2 recovery team

http://www.race2recovery.com/latest-news/blogs/382-blog-thursday-10th-jan

My thoughts are with all concerned at the moment.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 06:38:48 pm »

Hi Jules, no love lost for Robby at all, really dislike the guy.  This is a bit off topic, but he really has always been a obnoxious turd.  Saw him in full jerk mode at the Indycar weekend at Mid-Ohio several yars ago.  During the lunch break my brother & I took a walk up through the paddock and came across this young kid, perhaps eight or nine, standing at the rope around the Toyota hospitality compound, dressed in full Robby G gear, t-shirt, hat, etc.  He's standing there waiting to get Gordon's autograph, Robby's sitting at a table not more than eight feet away, just yappiing away with some guy, laughing and carrying on, fully aware that this boy is standing there.  Its a baking hot day, and this poor kid is standing on hot asphalt, for over a half hour, every now & then Gordon would make a gesture at him like "just a minute" and then continue on with his conversation.  Finally a fairly large crowd began to notice what was going on, and people from Toyota started to get uncomfortable, Scott Pruett getting up from his table on the other side of the compound, and coming over to sign this kids program.  Still Gordon sits there joking & laughing, finally a woman from Toyota brings the kid in to Robby's table, he sign's his program and shews him away quick as that.  The lazy bastard couldn't even get out of his chair.
Some people in the sport get what its all about, but unfortunately there are plenty like this jerk too.
Fax
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 09:00:18 pm »

Fax,

Thanks for the insight, now he does sound like a to$$er. It would have cost him nothing to get off is ass and sign the program have a couple of photos etc. Similar thing happened to me and my son at the LEMS race at Silverstone at few years ago. We were waiting at the Aston pits for the autograph session and one of the Aston PR guys told the throng that there would be no more autographs, now were were close to the front and I mentioned to the PR person that my son goes to the same school as one of the drivers, PR person did not give a toss however the driver Andy Meyrick overheard me. Told the PR person to shut up and we had a nice 10 min chat with Andy, Darren Turner and one of the other driver. Fast forward a couple of weeks and Andy attended school to give a talk to the pupils. As soon as he saw Alex in the audience he called him up and then after the talk had another 10-15 mins chatting to him. As you say some people get what it's all about.

Jules
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 12:07:49 pm »

Very true Jules.
Some say, without the fans, there would be no stars. (Others are too far up themselves to see that though).

Steve East Anglian cobras

Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 12:11:05 pm »

Has anyone found difficulty in finding this on Eurosport.  Its IS like hitting a moving target

Last night the 10 pm slot was postponed for repeats of the Olympics, and then something live appeared so it was cancelled and the 12pm slot moved back, then it suddenly appeared at 11pm and the 12pm slot reappeared too.

I'll stick to watching Bonneville on YouTube Cool

Lorry an insight into the TV coverage from behind the dakar webfeed:

For the TV production teams present on the Dakar, the production of a 26-minute programme made available to all the event's partner channels accounts for a significant part of the day. As soon as the end of the morning, the race against the clock starts to deliver the “feed” on time. The editors are under immense pressure to put this jigsaw together throughout the day. With time difference constraints to take into consideration in order to satisfy European medias, the cut-off time is set for 4.20 PM (7.20 PM in London for example).

11.12 AM. The first images of the bike race arrive, sent by the satellite from the refuelling zone, located 230 km away on the Arica to Calama stage. “With the resources we have, Thierry, who is in charge of editing the bike stage report, can already get to work,” explains Christophe Briand, the programme director.

2.03 PM. Another dispatch point is located at the special stage finishing line, where the interviews take place with the day's movers and shakers. Alex, who, with Seb, coordinates the editing of the “feed”, retrieves the interviews from the server and sorts through them so that Thierry can insert them into his report. “Today, we are going to include the interviews with Chaleco, the day's winner, and Olivier Pain, leader of the general standings. We also have an interview with Jeremias Esquerre, who has made a big impression since the start of the rally and who is in 6th position today”.

2.42 PM. Now the images of the car race arrive from the fuel point on the special stage. For this part, Manu takes charge, with a broad choice of subjects for him to pick: the misfortunes of Roma and De Villiers, Carlos Sainz dropping out… Nothing escapes the helicopters' cameras and the film crews on the ground. In the mean-time, Ben, who provides the voice-over on the feed, prepares his text whilst keeping his eye on how the race is developing.

3.37 PM. The trucks are the last to start the special stage and the images are finally available. There is no time to lose for Olivier, the editor who works on the report for the category. Meanwhile, an editor is designated to concentrate on the graphical aspect of all the different items. In addition to the purely “news” part, there are also magazine subjects that round off the programme.

3.56 PM. News is the priority and during the night before stage 6, an assistance vehicle was involved in a road traffic accident. Etienne Lavigne provides information on the circumstances surrounding the accident in an interview recorded at the finishing line of the special stage. “The images have just arrived, we're going to open the news section with this subject,” says Seb, whilst continuing to write the script. There is less than half an hour left!

4.20 PM. The broadcast of the “feed” starts from the bivouac in Calama. At the same time, the images are sent to the production teams on Japanese, Polish or American TV. However, the day is not quite yet finished for Ben, who is still there, microphone in hand, commentating on the truck race. In order to have the very latest news, this is done almost live.

Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 02:25:05 pm »

Robby G Pi$$ed off

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/tempers-flare-inside-dakar-vehicles-233442660.html;_ylt=Amc9uItAF1M61lPe_zFS5Zb_8JF4;_ylu=X3oDMTJmYThkYnY3BG1pdAMEcGtnAzFlNGY4MDE3LTg4ZjktM2JiMC05ZmY4LWFhNWE2NDJhYTE2NgRwb3MDMwRzZWMDTWVkaWFCQ2Fyb3VzZWxNaXhlZExQQ0E-;_ylv=3

and one for the dutchies tim or tom coronel

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/behind-scenes-dakar-rally-234131356.html

tn*c
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 09:43:20 pm »

There is some unpleasant news from the Race 2 recovery team

http://www.race2recovery.com/latest-news/blogs/382-blog-thursday-10th-jan

My thoughts are with all concerned at the moment.

Thanks for posting this I have worked with John Winskill for a few years and knew he was going. I am glad to say he is ok and as the report stated is correct and he is doing ok in a hospital in lima.

I will update here if I hear anything further.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: