Club Arnage
April 16, 2024, 08:40:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep the home lights burning. The Home Guard Thread.  (Read 12945 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2014, 09:02:53 pm »

Sad to be the one starting this thread again this year. Might as well make the most of it. TV ready, lap top and iPad charged, beer in the fridge and a corner of the living room cleared in case the old drunken urination syndrome kicks in.

Join in folks. Hope you have a good one wherever you may be. And let's also raise a glass to those missing in action.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 09:06:12 pm »

Yes me to, it was alot easier to make the decsion 3 months ago than to see it out, Bastards all of them complete Bastards, it will be sh*t, it always is..........
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 09:27:19 pm »

Last minute call not to go, and not really a choice I would want to make again.

So will watch it unfold on telly, been kept upto date with texts from the tram, bar, parade, bar and restaurant, so far tonite which is not helping my mood.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 09:56:12 pm »

Well here I am too

In deference to old LM I'm mixing my drinking

cheapo nasty lager (why spoil the habits ...) and Stella Cidre which I am practising with for next year

yes next year they will have to blockade the place to keep me away

Eurosport is still tedious bad telly though isnt it

Bloody huge screenshots of the moon

Made me even jealouser

So whoever is keeping the log, please log me in

Next time      Group C

yeehah

Wink

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 12:00:48 am »

Last minute call not to go, and not really a choice I would want to make again.

So will watch it unfold on telly, been kept up to date with texts from the tram, bar, parade, bar and restaurant, so far tonite which is not helping my mood.

Same here, texts and calls have been coming in. I was even told to skip the flight back to Manchester from Hamburg this evening and catch a flight to Paris instead. They were too Pi$$ed to drive and collect me thou Roll Eyes
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 12:17:55 am »

I feel that I am amongst friends!

Sat here, with continual text updates, Facebook status reports, phone calls and my imagination doing overtime!!!
My mother in laws 70th birthday party tomorrow will be, I fear, a poor replacement for the Tetre Rouge bar, the Guinness tent and the Champagne Bar.

Well there we go guys. 2014 will pass, without us all. None the worse for it, I'm sure.
We just have to make sure that we get back there with a renewed enthusiasm, in 2015.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 08:11:08 am »

The glass (or field) is half full chaps, as one of life's eternal optimists I believe we are in a stronger position...

When they are back home sorting out their aching heads, diminished bank accounts and burnt out clutches and tyres, we, or some of us anyway, will have all that to look forward to at the Classic...

Hooraah for the Classic.

Ok looking at the qualifying I think it could be an epic year, one which we have missed, but we have the advantage of Radio LM and Eurosport so ultimately we should see more of what is going on.

Thinking about it though if I am honest should have gone to both events...

I think my glass has just got a bit emptier...  Grin

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
John G

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 08:41:44 am »

Armchair correspondent checking in again, as usual consoling myself with things like I will get to see more etc etc, looking forward to it now though
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 08:55:07 am »

It's race day folks. Better stock up and get comfortable.

Dick Dasterdly was right
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 10:24:27 am »

Watching the group C support its missing any silk cut jags, the lancia didn't make the grid nor did the bell 962, close race though..

Why don't the TWR jags run anymore in the historic GRP c?

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 10:34:33 am »

I've never been a fan of the group C support race. Great cars, but Le Mans to me is multi class racing, and the lack of GT cars makes for a dull race. The track simply is not busy enough.

Dick Dasterdly was right
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 10:35:28 am »

So, predictions for the result some Sunday afternoon?

Dick Dasterdly was right
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 12:17:54 pm »

So, predictions for the result some Sunday afternoon?

Sadly Audi I think Roll Eyes. I think they will let Toyota and Porsche head off into the distance and implode and pick up the pieces during the night.

Fingers crossed for an Aston podium
I feel that I am amongst friends!

Sat here, with continual text updates, Facebook status reports, phone calls and my imagination doing overtime!!!
My mother in laws 70th birthday party tomorrow will be, I fear, a poor replacement for the Tetre Rouge bar, the Guinness tent and the Champagne Bar.

Well there we go guys. 2014 will pass, without us all. None the worse for it, I'm sure.
We just have to make sure that we get back there with a renewed enthusiasm, in 2015.

Ha, I have some drunk texts in the night from the Guinness tent which had been occupied by the NISMO girls  Tongue Awaiting the photos Evil

I believe DFH had a good night last night after the win against Spain.
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 02:31:58 pm »

Also on the home fires burning side... Managed to get to Le Mans the last two years but not during race time. Figured that if I took enough photos of the girls outside the circuit then I can brainwash them into thinking that they are fans from early ages....

Glad to see some familiar faces(!) here - Perdu's gonna have no excuse next year.. Cant let that little GaryFrogeye get too many up on us can we?

As to the race - 12 out of the last 15 means it could be boring but heres hoping that Porsche pull it out of the bag...
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 02:52:37 pm »

I have come home from the allotment for a lunch break (its scorchio out there...) and listen to the start.

Funny to be sat on a comfy sofa listening to the Radio LM voices.... feels a bit weird.

French bread, garlic sausage and cheeeeeese on the menu.

F
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: