Club Arnage
April 24, 2024, 02:12:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Visit  (Read 32442 times)
CecilPatrick

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2015, 04:52:49 pm »

Once we have our General Admission ticket ( bought at the gate at Porsche Curve, Wednesday afternoon (Huh) ) , do we have access to the circuit around the clock ? HOW early for the terraces on Saturday ?  Shocked Cool
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2015, 04:50:25 pm »

Yes, a General Admission ticket gives access within the circuit right through to Sunday after the race (and into Monday for those camping on site).

Each entrance has a couple of staff that scan your ticket 'in' and then scan it 'out' when you leave the circuit.  Keep your ticket on you at all times.

Regarding the terraces, as soon as you like is a fair answer.  There's warm ups and support races starting from around 0930 Saturday morning.  So if you want a spot on the concrete terraces at the start / finish, best you take your breakfast with you  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

CecilPatrick

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2015, 07:00:32 pm »

Thanks. I was planning on a breakfast picnic as it were. May i ask about the entrance at Porsche Curves, please ? Where is it exactly, and is it true that I can just walk over on Wednesday afternoon and buy my General ticket ? Are there SRO view points at the top of the Paddock tribune ( #34?).
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2015, 10:27:23 pm »

I'm not aware of General Admission tickets being offered for sale at Porsche Curves (no ticket booth).  You'll have to walk further up the road towards the main start finish straight where the grandstands are to purchase your ticket from a booth.
You can climb up into the Paddock Tribune (in fact, any tribune AFAIK) up until race day, when you'll need a Tribune ticket.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2015, 10:56:45 pm »

IIRC nearest ticket booth to Porsche curves is at the entrance to Maison Blanche.
CecilPatrick

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 11:21:58 pm »

Cheesy Cool Thanks. I thought I could buy them closer to our home ( just N of Arnage, off of D139 ). Seems to be a challenge getting from our place to what is SO close. I guess tramping off through the open filed along the way to Arnage corner is out. Once the circuit is closed to traffic, could I walk from the roundabout  by Porsche Curves, on along the road to the Main Entrance ? Only a General Admission ticket to get to the terraces, correct ?
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2015, 04:06:50 am »

Hi Cecli,
             Yes you can walk from PC roundabout to Main Entrance passing Maison Blanche camp site and entrance.
You mention riding the Tram to Antares. Look for the machine to buy your ticket to ride BEFORE you get on the tram.
The final stop is a couple hundred yards from an Entrance which has a ticket booth if you want to buy it there.
Your choice of residence has you not very far from anything while being close to nothing  Shocked
Phil
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2015, 08:49:06 am »

Cecli from the outside of the circuit if you walk Under the bridge just after Porsche curves at the entrance of BJ camping you can buy GA tickets then catch the Reggie bus up the Inside of the circuit straght to the tram.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
CecilPatrick

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2015, 06:51:41 pm »

Thank SO much gentlemen. It's hard for me to realize that I really am going to be able to do this .
Here' a toast to Phil Hill.
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2015, 08:28:11 pm »

The hardest thing to realize is how you are going to come back to LM year after year once you have experienced the great race.
Wishing you the best time. Not long now!
Heed the advice on here - these guys know their stuff!

See you in France  Grin

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2015, 11:19:21 pm »

We have got onto the terraces fairly late some years, 2pm ish, due to England rugby matches, its been a bit of a scrum but managed it.
If you want to experience the build up get up there about 11 am. If you want to see the support race and warm up about 9 am, or a bit earlier.
You're going to be there Wednesday, no need to panic or rush, practice is earlier, from about 6, check CA guide, but qualy doesn't start till 10 pm.
Chill and enjoy.
Entrance tickets sold at, main gate, entrance to Maison Blanche, that's half way between the Porsche curves and the main entrance, and also at the entrance by Karting Nord and Tetre Rouge, not certain of the last two, can someone confirm.
Most of all you will never see or do every thing in one visit, this will be my 14th visit, and I still haven't done/seen everything I want to, plan your priorities, don't try to do to much, just enjoy.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 11:41:39 pm by Barry » Logged
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2015, 10:08:47 am »

We have got onto the terraces fairly late some years, 2pm ish, due to England rugby matches, its been a bit of a scrum but managed it.
If you want to experience the build up get up there about 11 am. If you want to see the support race and warm up about 9 am, or a bit earlier.
You're going to be there Wednesday, no need to panic or rush, practice is earlier, from about 6, check CA guide, but qualy doesn't start till 10 pm.
Chill and enjoy.
Entrance tickets sold at, main gate, entrance to Maison Blanche, that's half way between the Porsche curves and the main entrance, and also at the entrance by Karting Nord and Tetre Rouge, not certain of the last two, can someone confirm.
Most of all you will never see or do every thing in one visit, this will be my 14th visit, and I still haven't done/seen everything I want to, plan your priorities, don't try to do to much, just enjoy.

We could not buy tickets at Karting Nord (on Wednesday) last year.
Not sure about the outside of Tertre Rouge (The entrance by the Bar), but definitely at Antares (the INSIDE of Tertre Rouge).
If you are arriving on Wednesday by tram, get your GA tickets then.......................The Antares entrance is straight ahead on the roundabout where you alight the tram.

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
CecilPatrick

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2015, 06:45:40 pm »

We just bit the bullet, and purchased a pair of seat in Chinetti. I figured in the end, this is a "trip of a lifetime", so why fight the scrum. A place to meet seems like a good idea. We're up at the top of the first aisle. HOT DOG !!!
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2015, 08:12:00 pm »

.....this is a "trip of a lifetime"....
No.  This is a lifetime, a way of life, an addiction.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
CecilPatrick

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2015, 12:12:31 am »

No about about that, Lorry. Just trying to be realistic. One never knows.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: