Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 05:58:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Visit  (Read 32468 times)
CecilPatrick

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2014, 09:07:49 pm »

Greetings ! I will coming over the for the first time next year. Our accomodations are just off D139, between Arnage, and Porsche Curves. Any tips on getting over to the entrances ? How does one access the areas in front of the tribunes over near Dunlop Bridge and The Esses ? Any reason to spring for a tribune seat for race day ? Many thanks for any help.

Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 09:44:15 pm »

Welcome to Club Arnage.

If you are "just off D139, between Arnage, and Porsche Curves" that might mean you will be stranded there whenever the track is live, because the D139 IS the circuit. Are you camping or B&B?

PAFC OK

Carpe Diem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 10:30:59 am »

Hi, welcome to WEC addiction!!

Getting to most parts of the circuit involve one thing, well two actually, your feet! Take good boots and be prepared to walk, its a big circuit and the surrounding roads are pretty well gridlocked during the race weekend. There is a little 'train' thingy that trawls around the main areas of the exterior which you can hop onto and get to the main entrances but these are random, infrequent and usually very full.

If you want to go into Le Mans itself by car best do it on Friday or before, there is a good tram service which runs from inside the circuit if you plan to visit over the race weekend.

Tribune? We do but its really about how you plan to view the race, mainly moving around or mainly static? Whichever, one of the little tripod style seat things are a minimum requirement IMHO, cheap, lightweight, convenient and available at the circuit. That said, if it rains (and it has been known to  Shocked) a tribune seat is a Godsend.

Best advice? Read the Club Arnage Guide, available near here, and don't be afraid to ask.     

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste....
CecilPatrick

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 06:25:07 pm »

I will be staying in a private home, just off of D139; alas, the intersection of the lane and the circuit is barricaded. I am hoping to walk the small lanes over the the main tribunes, and plan to take the long way around as it were, just to get the short distance to Arnage Corner. Is there a spot to see both the exit of Indianapolis and Arnage ? We will be on foot always, and save for a "place of our own", I am still not sure of a tribune seat. If so, what is the best way to obtain the tickets ( an agency , or ACO ? ). What about the "steps" in front of the seats ? Are those considered part of the tribune, or can one stand there with his General Admission ?
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 12:10:16 am »

You only need a GA to access the terraces in front of the stands.
CecilPatrick

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 07:32:19 pm »

Thanks for the word on the terraced steps in front of the tribunes. What about crossing the open fields outside the track ( those next to D139 ). Wandering through the French countryside on the way to Circuit de la Sarthe would seem a pleasant enough way to spend time, but a short cut is always nice.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 08:56:25 pm »

I forgot to say:

Welcome to Club Arnage!
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 07:09:06 pm »

Hello dude, will you be Inside or outside the track?

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
CecilPatrick

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 07:55:32 pm »

My lodging is just outside the track, but i won't to go inside as well.
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 08:22:26 pm »

With the track 'live' the nearest place where you can cross to the infield is the road tunnel under the Porsche curves.

My lodging is just outside the track, but i won't to go inside as well.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 09:55:21 pm »

If you give us an idea of where you are staying / address, we could give you an idea of your best options to get inside the ticketed area.
The D139 runs from south of Arnage Corner north towards the Porsche Curves (ie the live track) and then on towards the circuit main entrance.

Steve East Anglian cobras

CecilPatrick

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 07:46:30 pm »

We will be staying on Chemin des Bordages.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 09:42:00 pm »

Based upon that info and Google Maps https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Chemin+des+Bordages,+72230+Arnage,+France/@47.9304171,0.2048835,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x47e28fd2366db2b5:0xeda75e145976b85c you will need to head north / west towards the D92 (the Arnage village east west road), then turn right (east) on the D92 until you are back at the D139 (there is a roundabout here).
Then head north up the D139 to the grandstands / main entrance or you can also view the racing adjacent to the roundabout (the Porsche Curves viewing area).
Unless you have a car park pass near the main entrance, walking or cycling is your best option.

Hopefully the attached makes some sense to you.

* Le Mans.JPG (115.75 KB, 903x618 - viewed 425 times.)

Steve East Anglian cobras

CecilPatrick

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 10:10:17 pm »

MERCI ! Perfect sense. Just the way it had looked to me as well. Going over to Arnage Corner is as clear as it looks, or not ? All those open fields ? No viewing from along there; only the cordoned off spot one sees in all the videos ? How about a good butcher/cheese/wine merchant, other than SuperU  Cool ? We'll be on foot.
Oh, and it's really true, I don't need to get my ticket until I arrive on Wed ? I keep thinking of a tribune seat; Raccordament, or Panorama Huh
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 11:41:44 am »

Entrance ticket (GA) you don't need to get till you arrive, however grandstand seats will need to be got in advance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: