Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 03:42:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Visit  (Read 32229 times)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2015, 11:29:39 am »

.....this is a "trip of a lifetime"....
No.  This is a lifetime, a way of life, an addiction.
.     Agree Lorry. First visit was 91 for a stag do. Very little interest in motor racing apart from knowing a few F1 names. Saw the cars, heard the Mazda, fell in love. Been back every year since. An addiction for sure.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2015, 03:09:55 am »

Hi Cecil,
             The pre-race build up is worth watching from a grand stand ( tribune) seat.
While not low cost they are just cheap plastic seats. Bring ear protection.....the French announcer and the acoustics are both terrible and loud. Did we mention you will need an FM radio and ear buds under those ear protectors.
Phil
CecilPatrick

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2015, 07:22:28 pm »

Thanks, Phil. Somehow, I knew ear protection might be a good idea ( "it's along race" ). Has anyone used an E ticket ?
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2015, 07:33:37 pm »

Hi Cecil, when you say E-ticket, do you mean those sold this year for the first time, to be delivered to the recipient by email as opposed to having physical tickets shipped?

If so, we have done this for this year and (apart from a couple of ACO IT issues, which are not uncommon) have received ours and printed them out. I also ordered on behalf of another CA'er and have sent them to him, and he has also printed them successfully. Certainly saves any worries about shipping, and I will do the same again for next year.

Pete B.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
CecilPatrick

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2015, 07:50:21 pm »

Those are they, Pete. The restrictions on the paper they are printed on seems SO specific. We have a slightly different size paper  here in the "States. I just can not see getting there, and being told, "sorry lads, these are no good". We shall hope for only the best.  Cool Huh Tongue angel
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2015, 08:20:55 pm »

Hello Cecil as long as the bar code can be scanned ot should be ok i would think. But i've been wrong before! Oh and normaly dress code is flip-flops and wellies.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2015, 04:27:44 am »

Hi Cecil,
           I and many others use clear ticket holders hung around our necks. Keeps the ticket flat and makes scanning the bar code easier. Word of caution with self printed tickets the ink might transfer to the ticket holder.
Are you going to Sebring?
Phil
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2015, 10:07:58 am »

Suggest having the email backup somewhere easy to find on your cell.
If all else fails, it should be able to scan from screen?

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2015, 10:12:53 am »

Hi Cecil,
While not low cost they are just cheap plastic seats. Bring ear protection.....the French announcer and the acoustics are both terrible and loud. Did we mention you will need an FM radio and ear buds under those ear protectors.
Phil

I wonder if the will use the Barcode for the stands this year.  If not it's a bit open to abuse with print your own.  With regard to the ink coming off in plastic wallet.  Last year i tried out using the "Red laser" app on my phone.  If you not familiar with "Red Laser" it's designed to scan and store "loyalty Cards" but it can be used for most bar codes.  The scanned barcode for my GE ticket worked just fine at the turnstyles.  I didn't try it at the manned entrances just in case they didn't like the idea. So this year I'm going to use that and just take self printed tickets for backup. Then keep it in a plastic bag to cover for the unlikely event of rain.  :-)

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2015, 07:59:05 pm »

Hi Cecil,
Phil

I wonder if the will use the Barcode for the stands this year.  If not it's a bit open to abuse with print your own.  With regard to the ink coming off in plastic wallet.  Last year i tried out using the "Red laser" app on my phone.  If you not familiar with "Red Laser" it's designed to scan and store "loyalty Cards" but it can be used for most bar codes.  The scanned barcode for my GE ticket worked just fine at the turnstyles.  I didn't try it at the manned entrances just in case they didn't like the idea. So this year I'm going to use that and just take self printed tickets for backup. Then keep it in a plastic bag to cover for the unlikely event of rain.  :-)

t.

Thanks for the idea Tom, might give the Red Laser thing a try ourselves.

Pete B.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
CecilPatrick

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2015, 07:59:37 pm »

Our E tickets are for Chinetti Tribune. I guess we could have them printed our Hotel, before we leave Paris. here, E tickets are a way of life, but the directions for Le Mans are SO specific; I can just see being turned away by someone that I had no idea of what they were saying other than NON !!!
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2015, 02:47:34 am »

Our E tickets are for Chinetti Tribune. I guess we could have them printed our Hotel, before we leave Paris. here, E tickets are a way of life, but the directions for Le Mans are SO specific; I can just see being turned away by someone that I had no idea of what they were saying other than NON !!!

Hi Cecil,
              I am guessing they want A4 paper which is close enough to our 8 1/2 x 11. While easy enough to tell side by side  I doubt even a vigilant French gate keeper will be able to tell without something to compare.
However be aware it is France and this is the first year.....so it may all go horribly wrong. If it does you will not
be alone  Grin  It's all part of the adventure.
Phil
CecilPatrick

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2015, 08:06:53 pm »

Shocked Grin Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: