Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 07:01:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans 2017 Preparation  (Read 62643 times)
Conaero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2017, 04:28:26 pm »

Yes, our plans are well underway. We have booked 21 ferries out of Portsmouth on the Tuesday, did this about 8 weeks ago and they were nearly full!

Our gites are booked, we have 4 this year, two in Pontvallan, 1 in Le Lude and 1 further South in Noyant, but you hardened campers will probably frown on that Smiley

Anyway if you see a trail of noise Maseratis blasting around the circuit, thats probably us.

The only thing we are looking for is a new place to hang out around the circuit. We have done Arnage town to death for 10 years plus and need a new place but the lack to bars open is staggering. There is one in Mulsanne but thats tucked right out the way.
My mum is between Le lude and la flèche which is where I'll be staying for a few weeks apart from race weekend so I'll keep my eye out!

Just trying to organise my parties travel from Le man home via trains as I am staying on and they are in work the next week also ferry times for me now

You will know where we are then, we are actually in Disse Sous Le Lude, about a mile or 2 South. There is a sort of man made lake with a beach over in Le Flèche isn't there?...sounds like its crying out for some topless English petrol heads, a few BBQ's and some beer?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 04:30:31 pm by Conaero » Logged

LM24 from 2007 till the day I die.
http://www.sportsmaserati.com
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2017, 08:11:40 pm »

Yes, our plans are well underway. We have booked 21 ferries out of Portsmouth on the Tuesday, did this about 8 weeks ago and they were nearly full!

Our gites are booked, we have 4 this year, two in Pontvallan, 1 in Le Lude and 1 further South in Noyant, but you hardened campers will probably frown on that Smiley

Anyway if you see a trail of noise Maseratis blasting around the circuit, thats probably us.

The only thing we are looking for is a new place to hang out around the circuit. We have done Arnage town to death for 10 years plus and need a new place but the lack to bars open is staggering. There is one in Mulsanne but thats tucked right out the way.
My mum is between Le lude and la flèche which is where I'll be staying for a few weeks apart from race weekend so I'll keep my eye out!

Just trying to organise my parties travel from Le man home via trains as I am staying on and they are in work the next week also ferry times for me now

You will know where we are then, we are actually in Disse Sous Le Lude, about a mile or 2 South. There is a sort of man made lake with a beach over in Le Flèche isn't there?...sounds like its crying out for some topless English petrol heads, a few BBQ's and some beer?

Your next to the Zoo entrance as our place is literally IN the village small world ( want to buy a house btw Cheesy )

cja

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2017, 12:39:56 pm »

Hi all, been away for a long time - no, NOT at HM's pleasure!!  Grin

Our 2017 LM is now booked and (finally) paid for.  The last gite (Chigne) was great but too far to be convenient so have managed to find something a fair bit closer.

Having had to miss last year's race - I'm already getting the packing list for June! (I know, sad.......but enjoyable, at the same time!)

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best."
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2017, 03:02:56 pm »

Ferry booked, out of Pompey on the overnight to Caen on  02/06, back on the overnight on 20/06.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2017, 05:38:27 pm »

Ferry booked, out of Pompey on the overnight to Caen on  02/06, back on the overnight on 20/06.

18 days!
Nice!
PAFC OK

Carpe Diem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2017, 10:18:48 am »

Yay Cheesy stickers bought!

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste....
sceetum
CA Veteran

Team booze n' tabs

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2017, 09:07:50 am »

Ferry booked, newhaven- dieppe Sunday night. Tertre rouge campsite booked and paid for.
Just need to order beer!!!!!!

What have the romans ever done for us?
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2017, 04:39:07 pm »

stickered up for lemans?

I bought them in the sale last year then just before Le mans they dropped the price again the swines so I am waiting this year lol

Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2017, 05:16:39 pm »

new boots fitted to the bmw today & sevice booked for next month. The project wont be ready to take and I dont fancy bedding it in going to Le Mans so this weekend checking the camping gear to see if I need anything to get.

Nice email from Jules today - Just need to wait till monday to book train home for one of the party

jimclark

(nothing more needs to be said)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2017, 09:48:07 pm »

I'm waiting 'til the train arrives before I tap the till... Cheesy

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2017, 12:41:57 am »

See definition 1  - http://www.dictionary.com/browse/till?s=t  Wink
PAFC OK

Carpe Diem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2017, 02:59:22 pm »

stickered up for lemans?

I bought them in the sale last year then just before Le mans they dropped the price again the swines so I am waiting this year lol

Yeah, stickered up, as always. The price may drop, often does, but they were offering a 10% discount on week one orders and I couldn't resist - another step on the way  Wink.
Gone quite 'low key' this year, all colour coordinated and subtle(ish). Had to stick a little circuit outline on the back of the wifes Clio this morning, she hasn't seen it yet but wont mind.  Smiley

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste....
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2017, 05:41:32 pm »

British and French train tickets now sorted.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2017, 01:15:07 pm »

Le Man - Lille - London - Shrewsbury train tickets booked (£92 total) Not to bad I think.

One of our party is taking a car over to France this week and leaving it so after Le Mans he is off on a road trip so enjoyable times a head

Conaero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2017, 12:41:50 pm »

Your next to the Zoo entrance as our place is literally IN the village small world ( want to buy a house btw Cheesy )

We are not in La Flèche, no, we are in Disse Sous Le Lude (just South of Le Lude). Last year we had a visitation from the local plod, apparently making too much noise outside the Mayor of Le Ludes house.

The next time I went past, I turned my car off and just glided past in silence Smiley

« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 12:45:06 pm by Conaero » Logged

LM24 from 2007 till the day I die.
http://www.sportsmaserati.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: