Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 08:54:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emission stickers will be mandatory in France this year.  (Read 26781 times)
Landy_Jon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 11:17:31 pm »

3 hours ago I started the process and have just finished.

Don't get me wrong - the website was an absolute doddle to use and the actual registering and paying took about 10 minutes...

....the killer is trying to get your registration documents scanned and down to a size of 200kb (not the 800kb it suggests on the front page) which is tiny and well below the spec of most scanners and cameras.  In the end I just copied the second page of the V5 and gave up trying to merge the whole document and just ran it through pixsizer image handling.  Oh yes - only .jpeg or .png format accepted not the standard .pdf.  Hey ho - be prepared and it'll be smooth as a smooth thing!

Now to wait for the post...or the dreaded email saying I cocked it up  angel

1 car down - 2 to go!
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 09:26:06 am »

3 hours ago I started the process and have just finished.

Don't get me wrong - the website was an absolute doddle to use and the actual registering and paying took about 10 minutes...

....the killer is trying to get your registration documents scanned and down to a size of 200kb (not the 800kb it suggests on the front page) which is tiny and well below the spec of most scanners and cameras.  In the end I just copied the second page of the V5 and gave up trying to merge the whole document and just ran it through pixsizer image handling.  Oh yes - only .jpeg or .png format accepted not the standard .pdf.  Hey ho - be prepared and it'll be smooth as a smooth thing!

Now to wait for the post...or the dreaded email saying I cocked it up  angel

1 car down - 2 to go!

That's three hours of your life you'll never get back!
Don't think I'll bother as I have no plans to drive into the centre of Paris, Lyon or Grenoble.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Landy_Jon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2017, 08:55:50 am »

Update, a friend of mine has just come back from a trip through France, he states re the emissions sticker:

Just got back from a long week in France, drove around 1300 miles round trip on their soil, but had no plans to go into the city so didn't worry about it. Got stopped by the Gendarme on the way down with no mention of the sticker at all, just checked all docs/destination etc... So it would seem it really isn't a problem unless your going into Paris...

Of course we haven't reached the 1 Mar deadline to register non-French vehicles but it does seem as if there is an increased security monitoring.
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 06:32:24 pm »

Got mine this week, now on my car. I read that Le Harve, is also being included, I think they will bring it in for all ports of entry, just to fleece soft Johnny English.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2017, 08:10:10 pm »

Another fine mess.

According to the RAC, the stickers are currently in use in Paris, Lyon and Grenoble. - although if you have a particularly old car that does not conform to any emissions standards, you won't be eligible for a vignette and you won't be permitted to drive your vehicle during those times when restrictions are imposed.

If other towns, like the ports, join in, we have a problem.  I'll check

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2017, 08:15:35 pm »

Another fine mess.

If other towns, like the ports, join in, we have a problem.  I'll check

pre 1997

oh poo - my camper is 96, so wot do we do? - is it centre of the towns or whole area?

sent an email to the French, to ask the question,  but don't hold out much luck - but we will see

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2017, 08:35:01 pm »

Its only in daytime, in their clean air zones (London has one) but does this include the periphique?  So I'd rename the campervan Dracula  Grin .  It looks like it'll spread, but I can't find anything specific. 

I found this  (Looks like I'll have to leave the McLaren F1 at home)

From 1 January 2017 to 1 July 2017 (then it gets worse)

Monday to Friday 08:00 - 20:00:

All vehicles need at least Crit'Air sticker 5!
• Diesel cars must be first registered after 1 January 1997 (usually Euro 2) - Crit'Air sticker 5
• Petrol cars must be first registered after 1 January 1997 (usually Euro 2 and 3) - Crit'Air sticker 3
• Diesel light duty vans must be first registered after 1 October 1997 (usually Euro 2) - Crit'Air sticker 5
• Petrol light duty vans must be first registered after 1 October 1997 (usually Euro 2 and 3) - Crit'Air sticker 3
• Motorcycles must be first registered after 1 June 2000 (usually Euro 2) - Crit'Air sticker 4

Heavy duty vehicles are affected daily 08:00 - 20:00:
• Diesel Heavy duty vehicles must be registered after 30 September 2001 (usually Euro 3) - Crit'Air sticker 5
• Diesel Heavy duty vehicles must be registered after 30 September 2001 (usually Euro 3) - Crit'Air sticker 3

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 09:21:28 pm »

If Google Translate is right, it looks like the Periphique is exempt.

http://www.largus.fr/actualite-automobile/carte-de-la-zone-de-circulation-restreinte-zcr-a-paris-en-2017-8324385-10261939-photos.html

Rouen is considering it.  (Stickers are only needed in Crit'air zones)
Allow at least 6 weeks for the sticker
Diesels (all French cars) are Donald Ducked, so expect riots
This is all contrary to the Vienna Convention on Road Traffic
And your campervan was banned from central Paris a year ago, under the previous rules.
Scan at 100dpi in greyscale and pdf.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 09:59:33 pm by Lorry » Logged

landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2017, 02:44:58 pm »

I've just applied for mine.

For the sake of €4.80 I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I see that the file can now be (a whopping) 400k (it was originally 200k)for uploading your registration document.  I eventually got mine down to size by only sending page 2 and setting the PDF to black & white, 96 dpi & high-compression.

Paul/Landman

Crouch..........bind..........set
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2017, 04:22:18 pm »

Its only in daytime, in their clean air zones (London has one) but does this include the periphique?  So I'd rename the campervan Dracula  Grin .  It looks like it'll spread, but I can't find anything specific. 

I found this  (Looks like I'll have to leave the McLaren F1 at home)

From 1 January 2017 to 1 July 2017 (then it gets worse)

Monday to Friday 08:00 - 20:00:

All vehicles need at least Crit'Air sticker 5!
• Diesel cars must be first registered after 1 January 1997 (usually Euro 2) - Crit'Air sticker 5
• Petrol cars must be first registered after 1 January 1997 (usually Euro 2 and 3) - Crit'Air sticker 3
• Diesel light duty vans must be first registered after 1 October 1997 (usually Euro 2) - Crit'Air sticker 5
• Petrol light duty vans must be first registered after 1 October 1997 (usually Euro 2 and 3) - Crit'Air sticker 3
• Motorcycles must be first registered after 1 June 2000 (usually Euro 2) - Crit'Air sticker 4

Heavy duty vehicles are affected daily 08:00 - 20:00:
• Diesel Heavy duty vehicles must be registered after 30 September 2001 (usually Euro 3) - Crit'Air sticker 5
• Diesel Heavy duty vehicles must be registered after 30 September 2001 (usually Euro 3) - Crit'Air sticker 3

So basically go through these towns at night or the weekend I guess  Grin

I wonder if it is based on the car or the engine  Huh

So I have a 97 Astra (Crit'Air sticker 3) but it has a Saab turbo engine pre 97 which isnt listed so what sticker would I go for  Roll Eyes Wink

BMW is easy as its - Crit'Air sticker 5

Landy_Jon

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2017, 07:30:24 pm »

I've just applied for mine.

For the sake of €4.80 I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I see that the file can now be (a whopping) 400k (it was originally 200k)for uploading your registration document.  I eventually got mine down to size by only sending page 2 and setting the PDF to black & white, 96 dpi & high-compression.

Paul/Landman

Mine took 5 weeks.
Also I only sent page 2 and they were happy with that.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 09:17:00 pm »

So I have a 97 Astra (Crit'Air sticker 3) but it has a Saab turbo engine pre 97 which isnt listed so what sticker would I go for  Roll Eyes Wink

I'm starting to lose the will to live, but I have to beat the system.  My class 4 sticker is being processed, so I shall soon be forging stickers

Crit'Air will follow the log book, so unless it has Saab Turbo in flashing neon, they'll take it as a standard Astra.  Plus its not the engine type, its the model date.  But they can't tell/don't care, so I think you'll get a 3 sticker, and I need a stiff drink  Tongue

And you're all safe evenings and weekends.

PAFC OK

Carpe Diem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2017, 10:55:27 am »

Just to bring this to the critical detail to the fore again;

I believe that they are only required to enter the city centres of Paris, Lyon and Grenoble.

Which still holds true.

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste....
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2017, 12:33:26 pm »

I'm starting to lose the will to live, but I have to beat the system.  My class 4 sticker is being processed, so I shall soon be forging stickers

Crit'Air will follow the log book, so unless it has Saab Turbo in flashing neon, they'll take it as a standard Astra.  Plus its not the engine type, its the model date.  But they can't tell/don't care, so I think you'll get a 3 sticker, and I need a stiff drink  Tongue

And you're all safe evenings and weekends.

Merci  Kiss

jimclark

(nothing more needs to be said)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2017, 08:11:21 pm »

Or...MERCY!!! Shocked....times they are a-changin'.... Sad

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: