Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 03:25:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exotic Rides - bring back 'who is going in what'  (Read 11792 times)
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2004, 04:51:08 pm »

Boeing 747-400

Tried that before Matt only from other direction, worked well for the early morning start but by mid-afternoon I was knackered!!! Huh

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
rcutler
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2004, 04:51:09 pm »

Well this as it says at the bottom of my posts is the worlds only CARRERA 4 Diesel!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2004, 04:55:28 pm »

Land Rover Defender 110 or....

... a Smart Cab !

More generaly i'll probably have a scooter

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2004, 10:16:31 pm »

Just been reviewing the photo of rcutler's veedubb in Le Mans configuration. It's all very orderly and for that he should be congratulated. However, there seems to be a large collection of bottled water and nay frickin' beer. Are you a mincer, or what Rick?

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2004, 10:41:25 pm »

Well I'll be in the "exotic" OncewasanArkley, now again a BRG '66 Midget. Full, en route but available for trips after Friday afternoon... Wink

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
rcutler
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2004, 04:33:08 pm »

This was Maison Blanche for the Classic, We did have beer but due the Pickies the valuable stuff is kept inside. Beer mainly in the fridge! I will capture a picture from my camcorder and post it later that will put you mind at rest!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2004, 07:00:18 pm »

Matt

Quite a few of us went drinkin' after the Rugby WRC parade in London in December. I can fully vouch for Rick's credentials in the ale quaffing dept. Though he is but a mere youngster, he was apparently still going strong some hours after Gibberish, Steve Brown and myself staggered off as broken men. I think he even drunkenly tried to chat up some foreign bird. Just ask J P Chenet, he was there and is a veritable human beer barrel too. We drank the pub pretty much dry of ale.

Or look at the thread entitled something like Who's Going? from about Dec time.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
RS2 Babe
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2004, 09:31:43 pm »

Well 'ta' for some(!!) of the offers but to be honest I was looking for something really really really exotic...........

........... like an F40 (oh hang on I have had a go in one of them)

...  OK a Lambo ........and to be even more honest that wasn't for me it was for Mr RS2 'cos even though he has me and an Audi Porsche RS2 Avant and an Audi Quattro he STILL feels the need for more speed so PUUURRLEASE somebody give him a go (on MAD FRIDAY) in something more EXOTIC!!

( as he is an '80's kinda guy if anyone has a Testerossa then that would just make his day!)

Kiss Kiss
RS2Babe
IanB
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2004, 10:16:25 pm »

Look out girl !! you want speed and exotica.. Just remember we are bringing Jimmy with us this year. who has both in abundance
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2004, 01:29:05 am »

Matt

Quite a few of us went drinkin' after the Rugby WRC parade in London in December. I can fully vouch for Rick's credentials in the ale quaffing dept. Though he is but a mere youngster, he was apparently still going strong some hours after Gibberish, Steve Brown and myself staggered off as broken men. I think he even drunkenly tried to chat up some foreign bird. Just ask J P Chenet, he was there and is a veritable human beer barrel too. We drank the pub pretty much dry of ale.

Or look at the thread entitled something like Who's Going? from about Dec time.

I'm sure he is - I was just a little taken aback by the ordiliness of Rick's pitch and the military precision in which his Evian was lined-up. Shame on me for not realising that the occasion was the Classic and not the real deal. I guess I was comparing it with blurred visions of our 24 Hours domain in Houx, which usually resembles the aftermath of a nuclear explosion at the Guinness factory.
The paternal manner in which you have defended Rick's alcoholic abilities does you credit. Personally, my view is that sustained heavy drinking is neither big, nor clever.  

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2004, 10:25:22 am »

The paternal manner in which you have defended Rick's alcoholic abilities does you credit. Personally, my view is that sustained heavy drinking is neither big, nor clever.  

I too shall support Mr Cutler.  the chap has a damned good LM pedigree, having attended his first race ages 16, and he cycled all the way Shocked Shocked

Have to agree about the neatness of the camper van though.  Very precise.

sorry rick

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2004, 10:42:24 am »

After a weekend offroading, our first choice motor got trashed in the local quarry.
Have to fall back on a mixture of Rep mobile's, Hot Hatches and classics.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
dryhen
CA Veteran

Bedford CF Challenger

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2004, 11:36:11 am »

That looks like the Barley Pickers of 'Scrapheap Races' have been at it ...

The older I get, the faster I was.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2004, 11:39:49 am »

Exotic rides!

I can offer a Testarossa, but I'm afraid the price you'll have to pay is a high one...
First of all, it's a visit from David Emanuel to whip up a nice airy bouffant number with some Wayfarers epoxied on to the summit. A lovely white lacy shirt with frilly cuffs and a neckchain knocked up to an old Isambard Kingdom Brunel specification held at Bristol Docks should finish off that cabriolet look. Any drinking will be limited to cocktails with at least two pounds of fruit in the glass and a mimimum of three sparklers. Personally, I also like the look of a few root vegetables in there, and maybe a set of teeth. I'm afraid your little finger on the right hand will also have to be broken, and reset at a jaunty angle. Maybe we should shift the eyebrows up a little while we're on. These, obviously, are the 'male' requirements, so we'll need to head below the waistline with no delay. It has to be leather. The less breathable the better. What we're after inside there is rainforest humidity, we want to see a good run-off from inside the legs at ankle level. Betty Swallocks Strides Ltd of Littlehampton  do a nice little line in non-stretch, non-breathable, not quite dead figure huggers, the crotches are lined with live chickens. Salamander skin loafers should finish things off, their little eyes are just so cute.
After this, just getting in the car will be a f*cking nightmare never mind driving it, but once in you'll certainly cut a dash in MB. And maybe an artery if you're not careful.
That Commer is starting to look pretty good....

Roll on June!? there's no chance of that at the moment, I've only just got over the Saturday jackpot rollover. I can still scribble pictures on this pad though...

Matt, is the Jury still out on 'sustained heavy drinking'? Perhaps you're right, but more research is required, I'll investigate the 'intermittant light sipping' avenue. As usual these tests will have to be double-blind. Very double blind...
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2004, 01:03:13 pm »

That looks like the Barley Pickers of 'Scrapheap Races' have been at it ...

Oh yes, what a plonker that captian turned out to be.  Does anyone else wnat to strangle him when he says 'proper job'?  :-x

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: