Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 11:52:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smokie's LM Itinery  (Read 8958 times)
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2003, 06:24:59 pm »

"SMOKIE"
Are you doing the itinery again this year?

what about Chris posting it here for all to see.
just had a thought about including the Shampoo Bar bash, like whos gonna be there etc... 9pm saturday. team t shirts helpful, all moose welcome!!

Andy
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 08:24:42 pm »

T-shirts could be a problem, imagine the sartorial humiliation and state of them by Sunday, or earlier.
How about growing side-burns? That way, if you see someone with a fine pair of diggers you should be able to start a Club-Arnage orientated conversation immediately, without fear of rejection.
Picadilly Weepers for Le-Mans! I say.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 11:11:29 pm »

How would we recognise any CA women (RS2babe?)...or do they need to grow sideburns just to qualify to be part of CA?

Yeah, I can do the document again...start mailing your plans to me
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 12:22:38 am »

Most of the women I know have sideburns. At least they tell me they're women.

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 04:30:06 am »

Ahh, female sideburners. Takes me back to my yooooof. All that unsightly hair growing darn their legs....yukeroony. But not as bad as the voodoo butter man, gerrrossss. And the birds give us shite about smeg, ha ha ha ha. Check your flaps before landing  baby!!!! POOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!!
Undecided
Rusty  

The Brethren Rock
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 08:31:59 am »

Hi Smokie,

Concerning your itinery and your traditional LM who's who.... I just add my friday BBQ as usual

Gilles

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2003, 10:56:18 pm »

Our intinery is,
going,drinking,eating,farting,crapping,watching a race and coming home.
PM
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2003, 09:05:32 am »

drinking on the ferry,drinking by the tent,drinking by rustys tent, drinking in the town, drinking in the curry house, drinking in the welcome area, drinking in the champ  bar, watching the race optional.

Jem
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2003, 10:04:34 pm »

Steady on Jem, you may get pidgeon-holed as a "non serious race fan" and that can have significant consequences.

I genuinely feel that watching the race at Le Mans is optional. Although I've been attending the race for a very long time - the party has got better and the spectacle, less and less visible.

I like watching sportcar racing - but I'm also quite partial to neck oil and a bit of a laugh with my oppo's. Le Mans is not the best venue to watch sportscars running in anger anymore - but it is the bollocks for sustained heavy drinking. R2D2 is being readied as I speak.
Regards to all
Matt

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2003, 10:51:14 pm »

Is R2 motorised yet or did those plans get scotched?
If he is, goes he pull wheelies, stoppies and hand brake turns and do you plan to take him down to Indianapolis to do burnouts and donuts with the Caterham boys?
Rusty

The Brethren Rock
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2003, 10:52:13 pm »

Hi Rusty
Been a bit lazy regarding motorisation of R2D2. Seriously experimented with a truly colossal cooler on a chassis with independent suspension, powered by 2 x 24v electric gear motors (to give 'tractive steering).
Unfortunately, battery exhaustion has got the better of me - and once the batts are flat, the drive is locked up - kinda defeating the whole purpose. I know that the way forward is internal combustion.
I've got a Briggs & Stratton petrol mower in my garage that has got 'cool box motive power' written all over it. I suspect getting this device across the Atlantic and through customs might be a bit of a trial, but that would deffo do the job.
At present, it looks like it'll be both R2 and it's clone again this year and long grass through the summer.
Been meaning to catch up with you at the track for a couple of years now - we shoiuld make that happen.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: