Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 12:14:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'till my ears bleed!  (Read 30087 times)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2004, 04:42:36 pm »

1989 was the one and only year (and never again!) I took a bird to LM. She reckonned the Aston's noise got her all "hot" (for want of another phrase). I think she had a thing about Brian Redman too.

Come on then Andy, surely you can give us more details, it was 15 years ago

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Black Granny
CA Veteran

Please give generously, You know it makes sense!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2004, 06:11:47 pm »

What about the NASCAR Camaros that graced the circuit in '81 and '82?

They certainly made the ground shake (along with any loose fillings) as they went by and you knew if they were still running from  back in the campsite.

Think they revved as high as about 4k before changing up.  I rember that they had dodgy brakes so were using the gears to aid retardation and eventually ran out of spares for the gear box.

They came out for the last 10mins and went round stuck in gear so they could be classified as running at the end.

Mines a Gin & Tonic
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2004, 12:10:10 pm »

The Merc that was stuck in gear was the Mauro Baldi car but I can't remember off hand who he was sharing the car with, I don't think it was Schumacher though.
Fax

Fax, Mario Baldy drove with Kenny Aitcheson and Gianfranco Brancateli that year and they came second, which is why I didn't think it was them. But I've a nagging feeling old Spoonface's car didn't finish the race, which is why I thought it was him. Anyone know?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2004, 12:39:22 pm »

1989 was the one and only year (and never again!) I took a bird to LM. She reckonned the Aston's noise got her all "hot" (for want of another phrase). I think she had a thing about Brian Redman too.

Come on then Andy, surely you can give us more details, it was 15 years ago

Ok Bob, I know you're going to be disappointed and this isn't going to sound very gentlemanly but I wasn't even going out with her. She had a face like a pan of smashed crabs and an arse to match. I reckon the reason she felt "hot" was cos she was a big fat lass who sweated like a dray horse. She spent the most of the time moaning about the facilities and how far we had to walk to get around the curcuit and her feet hurt and she had a bad headache cos it was too noisy and her sinuses were sore cos of the dust and why wasn't there anything decent to eat and why are there were no showers and why couldn't we have stayed in a hotel and about another thousand pathetic complaints. It wasn't as if I hadn't warned her. She was morally appalled that me and my other mate ventured into the Striptent and to see the "Snakepit heroine addict girl".

I was absolutely furious with her after the race, the fat sow went wandering off for an hour to get Patrick Tambay's autograph for the sole reason that PT used to be a team mate of Didier Pironi at Ferrari or something. She knew full well we had to leave ASAP to catch the ferry from Cherbourg that night and if we missed it I would get the sack at work. Only my sense of responsibility to her mother stopped me from leaving her behind. Anyway it resulted in me driving like an utter lunatic and we were the last to get on the boat just before they lifted the ramp. God alone know's what I'd have done if we'd missed the boat, put her in a sack with some bricks and thrown her in the sea probably.

It is for this reason I swore never ever again to take a bird to LM. And I never have or will.

Hope this answers your question mate and sorry it wasn't more titilating.

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2004, 01:12:24 pm »

Oh well, back to relying on BIGH for tittilation then

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Fax
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2004, 02:07:39 pm »

Hey Andy,
I did a little digging this morning.  It was the Baldi/Acheson/Brancatelli car that ended up stuck in gear. They began having gear selection problems with about ninety minutes to go and had enough of a lead over the third place Jag nurse it home.  I seem to remember mauro being in the car when the gearbox problems started because it happened right after ESPN TV's coverage resumed on Sunday morning (over here) with two hours to go.
I don't think Schuey took part in the '89 race, I think he was in the Mercedes "Junior Team" car in 1990 & 91 with Frentzen & Wendlinger.
Fax
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2004, 03:03:02 pm »

Fax, youre of course right old boy. But the other guy in the Junior team of 91 was called Kreutzpointer or something of that ilk. Wonder what happened to him and the other two guys?

Must be getting senile, but did Sauber actually field a team in 1990?

Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2004, 03:04:44 pm »

She had a face like a pan of smashed crabs and an arse to match.

--------------------------------

I truly believe that this is the funniest thing I've ever read in my life.  My colostomy bag just burst.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

--------------------------------

All this talk of Maro Baldi - I crossed urine streams with him at Sebring!

« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 03:13:00 pm by Dave H » Logged
Fax
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2004, 03:29:10 pm »

Ah yes Dave,
Peeing with little Italian guys in red firesuits.  Yes you can really get up close and personal at Sebring (or was it Daytona?)
Right Andy, Sauber-Merc gave the Sarthe a pass in 1990. They took part in the rest of the FIA Sportscar Championship and Schlesser was champ but they bailed on Le Mans, can't remember why off the top of my head but its all slowly coming back through the hops & bong residue.  I know Schlesser always hated the event.  I had one screw up in the last post, it was the Joest-Stuck/Wolleck Porsche that came third in 89 not the Jag. The Lammers/Tambay Cat was fourth.
John
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2004, 04:36:05 pm »

But the other guy in the Junior team of 91 was called Kreutzpointer or something of that ilk. Wonder what happened to him and the other two guys?

Fritz Kreutzpointner is into lorry racing. He was European champion some time ago. Karl Wendlinger was driving one of the JMB 575s in the FIA GT this year.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
wombatGT40
CA Veteran

'who dares wins'

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2005, 01:36:38 pm »

As a 'newbie' I've enjoyed this thread, and FWIW, the last of the 333SP longtails always sounded 'musical' to my battered senses!
And the Panoz always made the best and 'rudest' noise ... must be too much Australiana V8 exposure over the years.
I missed the early 90s but just about any full on racing rotary can wring the wax from my ears and water from my eyes! Shocked

Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2005, 01:51:47 pm »

For me it has to be the 1999 Panoz.

1999 was my first trip to La Sarthe. I slept in the grandstand as I didn't have a camping permit, and by the end if the race I could tell without even looking when the Panoz came down the pit straight.

Gut trembling noise.
benely45
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2005, 11:58:46 pm »

What was the loudest Le Mans car to ever grace the circuit? Many say it was the '91 winning 787B, but Racing For Holland was painful if you were up close when flat out this year. Any other guesses??
i fort that the taurus sport racing lola caterpillar was ear splitting. But the loudest cars i have ever heard are F1 cars. P. S. anybody know if Taurus sport racing or racing for holland have a web site.
cheers

Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2005, 12:26:05 pm »

Hi benely45, I think the official Racing for Holland site is here http://www.janlammers.com/
benely45
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2005, 05:26:01 pm »

Hi benely45, I think the official Racing for Holland site is here http://www.janlammers.com/
thanks mate bin looking every where for that site
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: