Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 12:30:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 2005  (Read 135039 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: February 02, 2005, 12:25:00 am »

Try again...

* Image33.jpg (103.28 KB, 939x683 - viewed 283 times.)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: February 02, 2005, 12:51:04 am »

B*stad system lost the whole of my previous post...

My plan - meet gab at Heathrow and fly to Miami on Thursday 10th. Collect Chrysler Sebring   Smiley
Drive to gab's bro's house and stay 1 night
During Friday drive to Daytona where it is Bike Week, meet with Canada Phil.  We are all going to squeeze into a room I have  booked at a central beachfront hotel booked until Wednesday.

Visit Boot Hill Saloon http://tinyurl.com/48w36 and maybe other drinking establishments, and pig roasts and generally enjoy Bike Week until the Bikers leave on Sunday.

Sat night there is some bike racing at the speedway, Phil is keen but I think I'll stick with central Daytona. Also there's some stock car racing at some point somewhere nearby - that gets a maybe...

Sunday is also the start of Spring break, so maybe there will be some fresh looking incoming scenery to replace the old withered bikers...  Tongue

Monday/Tues hang out with Phil (gab goes back with his bro) and do nothing much. Maybe go driving, fishing but definitely drinking. Also a visit or ten to the Shark Lounge http://tinyurl.com/5pth9

Wednesday pack up and head for the circuit, picking up Chris 24 from a Walmart near Orlando (are you sure this will work Chris?) and arriving at the track mid afternoon.

Enjoy a few days in the sun with ma buddies and some cars then head off Sunday morning for an afternoon flight back to Blighty.

Chris, the CA t shirts should be ready for Sebring, but send me your artwork and I might knock one off  Shocked if I have time...

John - great to see you will be joining us. The map above is from http://tinyurl.com/5nm5u, and the red spray blob is about where we set up. We will make sure to get the CA banner up early and high.

Phil is helping me with a tent and bag, gab is borrowing from his bro and Pidge has volunteered to provide some gear for the Brits too - however given the potential size of the group a bit of proper planning might not go amiss...not sure how though!
Pidgeon
CA Veteran

I'm a Sebringllama

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2005, 01:33:26 am »

I might add that just to the left of the red blob is a hard top road that can be seen from the main entrance road. If they are in the same place,  as Chris has described, the road will be between the information booth and the large ALMS merchandise tent.
Last year we had the Club Arnage sign placed to be read from the entrance road. Look to the left as you drive through.
Just find your way to the 'blob'. You'll find some of us out cold. Roll Eyes Wink Kiss
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2005, 09:57:03 am »

JPC, Andy Z and myself fly to Orlando on Tuesday 15th and will happily accept Matt H's very kind offer of a couple of beverages on arrival.  We stop over in a palacial establishment Tuesday night and will decamp to Sebring arriving mid / late afternoon Wednesday.
Then it's racing / playtime / falling over water on site until Sunday morning when we break camp and head back to Orlando for an early evening return to Blighty.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2005, 07:25:13 pm »

Andy, Steve and JPC, You are travelling back to Orlando on Sunday morning !

Will I be able to get a lift back to Orlando with you please. I am getting a lift down to Sebring with Smokie on the Wednesday, but hes then driving back to Miami on Sunday.

I have an option of going back to Orlando straight after the race with my friends, who are staying in a hotel in Orlando, but would prefer to stay at Sebring Saturday night and party and get a lift back on Sunday from somebody.

Is this do able.
Thanks
Chris
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2005, 08:03:32 pm »

Hi Chris, the othe guys might wish to add to this and I'm not trying to chuck spanners in works etc. However, we had banked on renting the cheapest, smallest, shitbox Dodge/Ford/Chevy possible.  Embarrassed So until we pick it up, we're not sure of boot space and we'll have all our gear with us too...

If you were to prepared to pay a bit towards the car, I'm sure we'd have no problem in upgrading to a larger shitbox Dodge.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 08:04:43 pm by A Zarse esq » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2005, 08:34:33 pm »

You can always try and blag a mini van for FA extra. On two out of three recent trips to NC, they have given us a Dodge Voyager and we didn't pay any extra, but then they were short of the car type we had booked though.

I could always send my gear back with my friends on Saturday night, and just have myself and an overnight bag to take back on Sunday.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 09:56:19 pm by Chris24 » Logged
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 03, 2005, 04:47:18 am »

Hi Steve,
             My favorite Car hire: http://www.nationalcar.com/servlet/DocHandler/index.html?92ad3d98b0762e4c
Note a larger car is only $5 more per week Must keep a minimum of 5 days to get weekly rate.
Note no credit card details taken at time of booking only an email to get a reservation.
Canada Phil
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 03, 2005, 07:08:19 am »

JPC, Andy Z and myself fly to Orlando on Tuesday 15th and will happily accept Matt H's very kind offer of a couple of beverages on arrival.  We stop over in a palacial establishment Tuesday night

Steve, JPC, Andy Z, and Matt, I will most likely also be in the Orlanda area on Tuesday, if agreed I would like to meet up with you guys for a cold one or two. Just tell me what time and where.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 03, 2005, 09:51:28 am »

Hi Gab

Of course you will be more than welcome to join us.

Loose plans at the moment are that Matt will meet us at the airport ( we land at 18.15'ish local time) I think we will grab a very quick shower at the hotel then Matt is taking us to the Sho-Boat Tavern. Probably best to liase with Matt re: location etc.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 03, 2005, 01:54:52 pm »

Wednesday pack up and head for the circuit, picking up Chris 24 from a Walmart near Orlando (are you sure this will work Chris?) and arriving at the track mid afternoon.

Hi Smokie, Yes it should work provided you pick me up from thje correct Walmat as mentioned. Its on the 192 in Kissimmee not far from Kissimmee Airport
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2005, 05:40:02 pm »

There is a real danger that this could turn into a right tram-smash, if we're not careful.
Given that JPC/Zarse/Steve want to go to hotel first, this kinda rules out the Sho-boat, as it is betwixt airport and hotel. I worry that 4 Englishmen, all fresh and fluffy after an invigorating post-flight shower, all squeaky-clean and smelling of Hi-Karate will get killed in the Sho-Boat.
The Hotel is on I-Drive - which has more bars/pubs/lounges than soft mick.
Chris - I-Drive is where you'll need to head for

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 03, 2005, 06:39:19 pm »

You can always try and blag a mini van for FA extra. On two out of three recent trips to NC, they have given us a Dodge Voyager and we didn't pay any extra, but then they were short of the car type we had booked though.

I could always send my gear back with my friends on Saturday night, and just have myself and an overnight bag to take back on Sunday.

Hmmmm, I may be missing something here Chris. The only reason we need a car is to get to and from the circuit, which is exactly the same reason you would need a car.

Therefore surely makes sense that we get a car suitable for 4 people and split the rental and fuel costs 4 ways???
Fax
« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2005, 06:46:35 pm »

Matt,
They wouldn't be smelling freah as a daisy for very long if they went to the Sho-Boat, especially after the cackling whore at the end of the bar gets through with them.   In the immortal words of Dot "Toto we ain't in Kansas anymore!"
Fax
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2005, 06:57:47 pm »

Quote from: jpchenet

Therefore surely makes sense that we get a car suitable for 4 people and split the rental and fuel costs 4 ways???
[quote

What's the wheels costing you JPC? 4 days of a 7 seat Plymouth Voyager is £111 on www.airline-network.co.uk. Wouldn't be too much between 4 would it?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: