Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 02:57:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: an ebay sellers description of a pass for sale at £129  (Read 14491 times)
24hourman
CA Veteran

Racing is life everything else is just waiting

View Profile WWW
« on: February 14, 2005, 07:19:10 pm »

Due to a drop out from our group, I have one camping pass available for this year's Le Mans (2005). Join the 100,000 Brits on this annual pilgrimage to Le Mans for the greatest motor race in the world.

Camping passes are in phenomenal demand and usually sell out around 18 months before the race. (There are very few hotels in the vicinity of Le Mans and they all sell out years in advance!) Camping is the "proper" way to experience the real Le Mans. But if you are going to be camping, make sure you are in one of the best sites and critically one equipped with showers!! Shocked

This pass will give you access to the Beausejour campsite from Wednesday the 15th to Monday the 20th of June. Qualifying for the race takes place on Thursday evening,  :-\Friday is party day with the circuit open to drive your own car on (not to be missed!) while the race starts at 16:00 on Saturday. Beausejour is a relative new site but one that is growing rapidly in popularity with a huge number of people returning having stayed there in previous years.

The great thing about Beausejour (aside from having showers) is that it allows you easy access to so much of the circuit. The corners of Arnage and Indianapolis (arguably the best spectator points, as they are the slowest points on the track and you can get so close) are approx 10 minutes away on foot.  ???Beausejour is also just inside the Porsche curves and is the only place you can watch the cars going through this sequence. The village of Arnage is a short walk with its bars and hypermarket. Cunningly, there is also a shortcut from the edge of the site through the inside of the circuit to the area in the middle of the track known as the village.  :oThis means you don't have to fight your way through the main entrance and the back of the grandstands. It is also worth noting that Beausejour is a flat grassy site unlike most of the others which either suffer from being very dusty, having concrete areas (not great if you are trying to pitch a tent), or uneven surfaces that can damage cars.

This pass is for one vehicle with no restriction on the number of passengers. The only other thing you will need are general admission tickets which you can buy on the gate.

Don't get scammed  ???by the tour operators out there who will charge you silly amounts of money for the same thing.  ;DBuy a cheap ferry crossing, a camping pass and general admission tickets and you will save enough to pay for all your food and drink when you are down there (and probably your petrol there and back as well!!)

I have written confirmation from the ACO for this pass and I can fax a copy of this to the wining bidder. Please check my feedback and bid with complete confidence. Any questions, please use the "ask seller a question" tab. Don't miss out on the best weekend of the year!!

What a joke this person should be done under the trades description act  imho What do you think?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 07:21:25 pm by 24hourman » Logged

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 08:12:24 pm »

Well, we've all been here before, me included.
I'm on this guys side here, and also the bloke who Jimmy decided to e-mail.
If they were selling crack to schoolkids, well that would be different. But if some f*ckwit wants to pay 169 quid, he's an adult and that's his problem, and I'm not going to do his crying for him. Besides, he'll probably be chuffed he's got tickets, and be even more chuffed when he realises next year he can get them cheaper from the ACO.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
24hourman
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 09:15:18 pm »

What really annoys me more than anything is no matter what I do with the ACO I cannot get the tickets that I order yet an abundance of tickets are sold on Ebay by the same people who seem to have no problem getting the very same tickets. (see my other posting in the swap section)Of course ticket touting has been around for a long time and while there is the demand profits will always be made. If I have to resort to the same tactic next year by buying up large quantities of tickets to get what I want then so be it. However if I decide to advertise them for sale with the intention of making profit I am damn  sure that my description will be factual and not misleading.

* 375.jpg (42.84 KB, 504x319 - viewed 304 times.)

The Planman
CA Veteran

Fresh Orange Juice isn't fresh without Vodka

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 12:40:03 am »

24HourMan - I see your point, if everybody had good intention in the world, it would be a better place.  We too, at Team Crapaud, have a right bloody time getting tickets every year no matter how early we book.  The only saving grace this year is justtickets.com, but we've paid over the odds.

Team Crapaud are not newbies to Le Mans, PK our oldest serving member, has been going for 8 years, myself for 7 years, and he never gets the tickets for MB even if he books a year in advance.

Its the luck of the draw no matter what anyone says here on this forum.  As long as this goes on, Ebay will make money.

The only saving grace is this muppet will wake up realising he could have bought a BJS ticket for far less.

Like they say - sh*t happens.

Planman
Simes
CA Veteran

194.7bhp mmmm..

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 10:29:39 am »

I buy tickets every year on the door.  Wink

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 12:32:27 pm »

I heard yesterday that although technically speaking TVR are now Russian, they will be making a tremendous gesture to the Brit fans this year by sponsoring Beausejour in true Blackpool fashion. At their own expense they will be laying on donkeys to give everyone rides to and from the village and pit straight areas.
It'll be a sight to see.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 01:06:02 pm »

will they also be laying on big gangs of fat slappers, all completely sh*tfaced at lunchtime, roaming the locality all dressed as nuns, flopping their jugs out at any passing male.
That's what Blackpool seems like when ever I go there.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2005, 12:38:30 am »

If someone really takes offence at this unbelievable description they could always register on ebay (no need for real contact details)
"buy" the ticket then neg the lying Tw@t immediately.
That should help stop him trying to pull the same stunt the next time "someone drops out".

By the time the presumably LM first timer unfortunate (stupid) enough to pay over the odds actually gets to LM it will be well past the time limit for leaving feedback!

Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005, 12:43:35 am »

That's what Blackpool seems like when ever I go there.
No wonder you can't come the to the LM Classic !! Wink
24hourman
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2005, 08:27:28 am »

The contact details of the sellers description has not been given in the previous posting. The advert has been reproted to Ebay under the ruling  that aco tickets or passes are expressly forbidden to be resold Have a look at the back of your last year ticket for a full description of the ACO rule. However both the ACO and Ebay appear to take no notice of this blatant infringement.

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2005, 10:00:54 am »

There we go. A fit and proper way to deal with it. And ineffectual too.

However, again, please do not incite vindictive or malicious activity on or from this site.
Ken Breadstick
CA Veteran

Helga!! remove your clothes....slowly...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2005, 02:42:58 pm »

For Sale

Karting Nord ticket. Karting Nord is situated just outside of the Chevrolet pit in the village giving easy access to their cars if you need to have a trip to Carrefour to buy some Onions. Quite often Johnny Herbert pops in to play the Banjo in the centre of the campsite and sometimes Ron Fellows does break dancing classes.

At night the cars will slow down a bit so they are not so noisy as they go pass as they know that a good nights sleep for you is more important than winning the 24 hours. The walk from Karting Nord to Indianapolis Corner takes 2 mins buy the complimentary pogo stick/space hopper depending on stock availabilitiy) from the ACO.

Be warned these tickets sell out fast, my 2009 tickets have just come through! You may want to purchase Grandstand tickets as Des Lynham and Gary Linneker are quite elusive to track down otherwise.

I am starting bids at 4million Oman Rials (Rial the currency not old F1 team!)

also for sale
Barry Manilow signed Door panel from his old Rover 800 Vitesse £20

Home Grown Carrots that look a bit like Perry McCarthy (from a distance and after 10 pints of real ale) £5 plus £2 P&P

Buyer to collect.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 08:18:17 pm by Ken Breadstick » Logged

The Spyker Rules!!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2005, 06:38:03 pm »

Ken  Grin

Are you anything to do with The John Lewis Partnership? Never knowingly undersold (whatever that means).

Anyway, I don't mind folk selling "spare" tickets on eBay, I just wish they would give an honest description. I wrote to one bloke to tell him the ACO had plenty of BSJ tickets left. He checked up with teh ACO then wrote back to thank me and say sorry for the misleading info. He amended his advert accordingly. What a nice man! He also dropped the "Buy it Now" price from £99 to £65. I have to say I was still amused that it failed to sell though.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2005, 08:10:56 pm »

I write this whilst donning my nomex unmentionables - because I know I'm going to get some heat for this.
What is wrong with a little salesmanship? I take my hat off to the entreprenurial spirit and well crafted copy of this skilled wordsmith.
Get real. Advertisements (and this is deffo an advertisement) are not known for their factual accuracy above anything else.
This gentleman is a performer in the theatre of the mind, what's wrong with selling the sizzle as well as the sausage. So what if he's guilded the lilly.
The dude's just trying to punt a few tickets. Where's the harm?
Perhaps this is akin to devil-worship to some who contribute here - but to me, it's called commerce and it goes on every day, evil as it is.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Ken Breadstick
CA Veteran

Helga!! remove your clothes....slowly...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2005, 08:15:58 pm »

just a side issue Mr Zarse Esq, in regards to the picture next to your name,  I work for the company that makes Izal toilet tissue and can get it cheap if you want it!! (yes they still make it!! god knows who buys it)

To be serious for once..If the ACO were interested in stamping out ticket touting then they could persue these people but I agree that the problem is quite small and for the people buying these inflated price tickets? well.. its their money. There are many people who find they cant go a few months before the race, due to unforseen commitments when they got the tickets months ago, so there are some around (i.e on here) without going onto E-Bay.

Right Seriousness over, its Friday and its real ale time!

Kenny 'G' Breadstick
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 08:17:15 pm by Ken Breadstick » Logged

The Spyker Rules!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: