Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 11:08:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: an ebay sellers description of a pass for sale at £129  (Read 14493 times)
The Planman
CA Veteran

Fresh Orange Juice isn't fresh without Vodka

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2005, 01:08:19 am »

Breadstick - you're right, it's Friday, lets chill, mind you, it does piss one off when we, yes the LM faithfull, have a right old time of it getting tickets.  That said, we do, by hook or crook, get there each year.  If newbies want to buy over the odds, let them.  If like me in 1996, my first LM, let them ruff it, sooner or later they'll get wise.  We did.  That said, we have to work with our wits to get what we want............ OK I'm waffling, due to high Vodka intake, I'll go away in a min....... Grin
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2005, 03:48:49 am »

For Sale

Karting Nord ticket. Karting Nord is situated just outside of the Chevrolet pit in the village giving easy access to their cars if you need to have a trip to Carrefour to buy some Onions. Quite often Johnny Herbert pops in to play the Banjo in the centre of the campsite and sometimes Ron Fellows does break dancing classes.

Hi Ken,
          You had me going there until you got to the part about Ron & Dancing. NO He has Two Right  feet making dancing impossible. From the expression
 "Both Feet on the Gas"
Canada Phil
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2005, 11:48:54 am »

Just to throw another question into the pot, the back of the ticket says you cannot resell it......but there is nothing about that on the booking form. So my understanding would be that they can't put additional conditions on you after you have agreed the transaction.

At the end of the day, I have been fortunate to accomodate the rest of our group for the last couple of years by picking up spare tickets from Smokie. This is probably illegal as well according to the back of the tickets as it doesn't discriminate between tickets sold for profit or at face value. Similarly, the agencies who get their large allocation from the ACO directly are doing the same!!
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2005, 10:30:34 am »

Hi Mark

Don't you think this is all a bit semantic.  The geezer who's advert kicked this off should have his kn*****s ripped off for trying to rip others off.  Grin

NOW..........how do we sort out the ACO allocation system...............ARGGGGGGH

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
24hourman
CA Veteran

Racing is life everything else is just waiting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2005, 11:16:19 am »

What allocation would that be? I wasnt aware that the ACO had a system for allocation.

* winner.jpg (105.38 KB, 512x384 - viewed 279 times.)

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2005, 01:28:32 pm »

Gibb, how the devil are you old chap??

Must try to meet up for a beer soon!!

As for the ad, I don't believe anything we say or do on this forum will ever change what others do on "that site". If it helps people to reduce their anger by getting it off their chest by shouting about it on here then fine, but at the end of the day, you could also say that someone buying and selling tickets at a profit is their business. I know for certain that I don't sell our companies services or products at cost price. I buy gazebos from a wholesalera nd sell them on "that site" in the spring and summer months. Yes I do add a good margin and they sell well, but at the same time the prospective punters could go to the same wholesaler and buy it directly themselves. If that wholesaler sells them all to me, and doesn't sell any to anyoine else then it is not my fault, it is the wholesaler!!!
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2005, 02:10:13 pm »

What allocation would that be? I wasnt aware that the ACO had a system for allocation.

You weren't ?? Then no wonder you can't get the tickets you want. Take the trouble to communicate with the lovely girls at the ACO. You don't even have to bother to speak French - they speak excellent English. And don't get so overheated so long before the race. I always leave it late and get just what I want.

The real problem lies with the cosy relationship between the ACO and the agencies, who promise the moon and deliver very little at a very high price. Forget the guy on ebay who's making a couple of bob, and think about VIPTours (made-up name) who offer tickets of all sorts plus "hospitality", and who buy vast numbers of  tickets at big discounts from the ACO.
End of story.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2005, 03:19:21 pm »

I have been fortunate to accomodate the rest of our group for the last couple of years by picking up spare tickets from Smokie.......

.....and other(s) this year Mark!!

DB

Team Delboy Racing
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2005, 09:23:12 am »

I have been fortunate to accomodate the rest of our group for the last couple of years by picking up spare tickets from Smokie.......

.....and other(s) this year Mark!!

DB

Precisely Del!!
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2005, 02:39:57 pm »

There were General entry tickets going £50 reserve, I questioned how he could justify the minimum price are got the response: Look at Just tickets price, Some people like ticket in their hands before going, and Nobody is forced to buy!
So the higher price and cosy relationshipe between the ACO would act in their favor and encourage inflated prices from alternative sources.

However, the auction eneded without any bids - so thats OK for now, but of course they will be up again soon - closer to June - probably at a higher reserve.

The alternative view of course is that if you can get onto e**y, you can get on to CA, and it should not take long to suss out what is and is'nt a rip off.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2005, 03:21:42 pm »

Yeah but then....I personally would only sell any spares to a regular here, not just someone who drops in ("1 post") and asks to be emailed if a spare comes up.

And looking at it a different way, the camping tickets are such good value at face value, so if four of you are sharing a car, £200 is only £50 a head - won't break many banks these days will it? Especially when you compare it to the cost of other sporting events.

NOT that I'm promoting an increase in face value, you understand!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2005, 06:06:08 pm »

just a side issue Mr Zarse Esq, in regards to the picture next to your name,  I work for the company that makes Izal toilet tissue and can get it cheap if you want it!! (yes they still make it!! god knows who buys it)

Ken, you work for the company that makes Izal?? Reckitt? It was in tatters man!

Anyway, if you could lay your hands on some cheap Izal, that would be great, I'd even be happy with a packet of seconds. I'm going to Sebring for the 12 hour race next month and would frankly be a bit happier with a few home comforts on hand. If you can get them I prefer the pack of individual sheets rather then the roll, it's more economic. Let me know how much I owe you.

Many thanks,

Andy Z

PS, are you anything to do with Dr Whites? If so, there's another favour I could ask...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2005, 10:17:33 pm »

Yeah but then....I personally would only sell any spares to a regular here, not just someone who drops in ("1 post") and asks to be emailed if a spare comes up.

Yes, but they do pop up, I guess the only way is to check their posting history and see where their real interest is.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 10:46:57 pm by IRW » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: