Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 05:25:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Maison Blanche go allocated for '06 ??  (Read 18744 times)
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« on: June 21, 2005, 01:16:26 am »

I guess all early visitors of one of the greatest campsites of Le Mans had some sort of interferance of officials of the ACO. And yes, most of our campsites were too large. But definitely not all. And from what I saw we sorted it out ourselves.
But that was after I saw the officials were making allocated sited only at the beginning of the site. Will that be the future of Maison Blanche? Have we ruined it for ourselves or has the ACO been too greedy selling more tickets? How can we find out, and -more important- when will we find out?

Personally I think it wil ruin the way MB is set up, especially when they will start numbering Embarrassed

By the way; What peeved me off a little in the beginning is that all early visitors had to pay extra - as long as they were English. They simply skipped our place on Monday and Tuesday and smiled and waved friendly as they got on to the next English neigbor. Weird. Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 09:13:05 am »

I'd agree Paddy - the ACO Space Inspectors were around a lot early in the week and although they weren't able to make anyone reduce their pitch size, I think that they may well look at ways of stopping people "reserving" space next year, and also they might do more to mark out spaces prior to our arrival (instead of on the Tuesday after people have arrived!).

I didn't get charged anything extra either... Smiley
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 09:22:21 am »

We arrived on Monday morning and didn't get a visit from the size police and weren't asked to pay extra although we expected to have to!

DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 11:48:54 am »

I heard a rumour (whilst in the ACO office) that MB would be ALL marked pitches next year!!!

I feel that this would be a little difficult for some pitches as some of the ground (inside JPC's compound) was harder than the tarmac road.  Having said that, it has been like that on Expo for years and it hasn't bothered the ACO.

DB

Team Delboy Racing
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 11:59:52 am »

How much space was actually left at the less desirable far end - was there any at all?- I had meant to walk down to take a look - but there was always something more important to do.
jc_nl
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 02:07:50 pm »

I did a walk around the campsite on thursday, by that time it was more or less full exept for the graveltrap near the entrance.

After the sizepatrol came to argue the graveltrap was also full.

LM 2005 quote:

Turn the sound down!!!!!! I wanna SLEEP!!!!
nice_person1
CA Veteran

Audis on rails

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 03:18:54 pm »

We invested in some stakes and site tape to put around our "camp" this year.  We also took the bus to town on Friday for the Parade.

Last year we drove to town and when we came back, some newbies had camped and put their cars on our parking spots  Angry
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 03:31:36 pm »

The people around me had to pay extra, that's why I presumed they skipped us on purpose Roll Eyes

Drinking for Holland
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 03:55:14 pm »

Paddy, may I say what great job you did with the camp, I hope for your sake that it does not go alloted. Or you will be back in BSJ again!!!

Dan Lowe
CA Veteran

www.24hourlemons.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 04:10:33 pm »

The people around me had to pay extra, that's why I presumed they skipped us on purpose Roll Eyes

Yep we got charged the extra and it seamed to be due to one of use knowing French, it seams if you just say "No idea what your taking about mate i'm English" then they give up.  We tried to be nice and got charged for it.  
I don't mind paying if all have to pay but you can't just charge some and not others!  Angry

I can't see them making more money if they section it all off, a lot of people will just move elsewhere.

24 hour lemons - Lemons by name, Lemons by nature
htbast
CA Veteran

Well done 'Shorty'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005, 04:47:01 pm »

If the ACO specify the size of the pitch in advance, and one permit allows one pitch, then what is the problem. Simply buy the correct amount of permits for the pitch size you require. I guess this may even work out cheaper for some?
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 05:22:06 pm »

If the ACO specify the size of the pitch in advance, and one permit allows one pitch, then what is the problem. Simply buy the correct amount of permits for the pitch size you require. I guess this may even work out cheaper for some?
Well, like I said, the fear is that those places will get numbers. And then you get pitches which are not next to eachother, and who will get trackside? Undecided

Drinking for Holland
RS2 Babe
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2005, 08:51:39 pm »

After hearing now what has happened to the Liverpool Boys on their way home this type of comment gets me very upset.

MB, the same as many campsites for the duration of the infamous 24 is about people devoted to Le Mans as they have been for many many years.

Have you bothered to notice what efforts groups like the Liverpool Boys, Beermountain, JP Chenet....to name but a few, make to their pitches in order to envoke frivolity amongst those that they know and those they don't?

If numbered pitches came into being on MB it would ruin the whole ethos of the site I fear.

All good things come to an end but only after some half wit has complained to the ACO.

It is not about cost - nobody is trying to cheat the ACO or other Le Mans enthusiasts - groups like the Liverpool Boys spend lots of time and energy in getting things just right on their site in order to entertain various visiting parties.

I watched the Le Mans film at Team Drinking Hollands site, which was opposite the Liverpool Boys on the Friday night. We were offered drinks and made very welcome - this would not happen if MB was changed.

Please do not make complaints to the ACO. It would be such a travisty to lose the spriit of what is MB.

RS2 Babe (serious head on-so sorry)
 Kiss Kiss Kiss

rcutler
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 12:09:02 am »

Marked out pitches were romoured to be 7m x 5m which would mean that you should just be able to get on a pitch a

MINI
TENT

and if you are lucky a small gazzebo.

For those of you that saw us we had three passes and think that the room was used OK. We can also say in future that between the Drinking for Holland/Cutlers/SPS we had about 30 passes!!
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2005, 12:18:07 am »

If the size was limited to 7m x 5m then the only other is start to build up, who took the scaffolding this year?

The ACO should leave it as it is, I did not get there this year, but last year it all came together. If you turned up late then space was limited, but thats part of the fun.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: