Club Arnage
June 16, 2024, 08:26:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Hypothetical Lap of Silverstone  (Read 15072 times)
SteveZarse
CA Veteran

Probably the best llama in the world

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2005, 06:04:43 pm »

Bear with me on this supposition here...

Just suppose there had been a race meeting at said motor racing mecca during the month of August - a perfect occasion for a CA get together perhaps - and suppose that, at said meet, there happened to arise the occasion for a four lucky folk to sneak onto the track and do a lap of the full gp circuit in one of their own cars! Possibly at 1am!! Maybe even p!ssed out of their tiny minds!!!

Ok, so it's a long shot, but here's what I'm trying to find out: If there ever was any video footage of such an event, would anybody be interested in a copy?

Personally, I would suppose that such happenings would go down in history, and are almost certain never to happen!

Grin

TEAM ZARSE - It's our pleasure!
rcutler
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 06:06:06 pm »

Perhaps if this did happen I would perhaps like a copy should they be made  Grin
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 06:19:35 pm »

Were this unlikely situation ever to occur, and it's a real no-hoper in my opinion, then yes of course I would like a copy.

But I can't belive that it would happen, it would be sheer madness on the part of the supposed perpetrators. The track officials would be very cross surely, and it's my supposition that five minutes later they would be furiously driving around the track with flashing lights on the tops of their cars in a vain search for the culprits.

No Steve, this wouldn't, couldn't happen. Could it?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 06:24:35 pm »

I suppose if there was sneaky of a lap at Silverstone, and there happens to be some video footage, I guess I would, maybe, like to review this very unlikely event.

Not that it of course this did happen, as I have no recolation of a motor race or meeting any CA'ers at Silverstone in August.  Roll Eyes Undecided

Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 06:29:55 pm »

Surely people wouldn't be so irresponsible as to endanger themselves in such a manner.   Shocked

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 06:30:34 pm »

Steve, I would very much like a hypothetical copy please for the DVD I am making for next year.  Ta Cool
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 06:31:33 pm »

Surely people wouldn't be so irresponsible as to endanger themselves in such a manner.   Shocked

No, not unless you are a security car going the wrong way round the circuit Wink
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 06:36:41 pm »

Surely this is only an urban myth, or folklore along with Bigfoot, Marie Celeste and free beer. But if proof of this amazing event were to be made available I would be most interested. Purely for reseach you understand.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 06:40:41 pm »

I'm sure you're right, it must be an urban myth, probably made up by parents to scare their children to behave, something like the boogyman or candyman Wink
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 07:44:55 pm »

I suspect that a virtual lap may well have occurred, with a virtual car driven by a virtual driver and 3 virtual passengers wedged into said virtual car.

One of the virtual passengers may well have been able to shoot some virtual film with a virtual video camera.

Following the virtual lap, the virtual perpetrators could then have virtually sneaked back to the virtual campsite at the virtual racing circuit and had another virtual drink.

Virtually.

If so, I virtually would like a copy of this virtual video, for subesquent review on my virtual TV, in my virtual house etc etc.

Steve East Anglian cobras

JHarber
CA Veteran

LM07 we will be there!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 08:45:21 pm »

Would be a laugh a bit dangerous if you were pissed. And if you did happen to crash then all hell would provail. It would be interesting to see but very dangerous in my eyes. Another situation i have been in is we were very close to gettin onto hethel which is the lotus test track but opted out. But yeah go for it and i would like a copy if you can pull it off!!!!

Did you know that 0.5% of the worlds population will visit a McDonalds every day!
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 08:53:53 pm »

This happened a few years ago during GP week and the participants crashed. Can't remember if it was fatal or not.
SteveZarse
CA Veteran

Probably the best llama in the world

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 08:56:18 pm »

Would be a laugh a bit dangerous if you were pissed. And if you did happen to crash then all hell would provail. It would be interesting to see but very dangerous in my eyes. Another situation i have been in is we were very close to gettin onto hethel which is the lotus test track but opted out. But yeah go for it and i would like a copy if you can pull it off!!!!

Mr Harber. Sir. I must point out that in my hypothetical opinion, there isn't a member of CA (gawd bless her and all who sail etc...) alive today who would attempt this feat of virtual impossibility! Again.
What I mean to say is, this particular suggested event may, or indeed may not have already happened. Undecided
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 09:10:29 pm by SteveZarse » Logged

TEAM ZARSE - It's our pleasure!
Ballast
CA Veteran

DON'T PANIC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 09:46:43 am »

I’ve heard a rumour that agents Mulder and Scully are on their way over to investigate this possible X-file. One of the locals reported seeing lights in the night sky near Northampton that could NOT have been anything else other than a UFO. When pushed to explain this statement, the local said “the movement of the lights were so fast and erratic that they could not have been of this world”

For my part I would hypothetically love a copy of this hypothetical event ..... should one become hypothetically available Cheesy

The Truth is Out There!

There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 10:47:36 am »

Stu is correct.Four of the helicopter display  team drove round in an MGF and rolled .
Cant remember the injuries though
PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: