Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 03:04:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 classic  (Read 46832 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2005, 09:35:40 pm »

Hi Martini

I can't help you on all of your questions but here goes on some.....

You won't need to pay for parking if you have camping on MB (note to self must book as well!!)

I don't recall their being any dress code for the Paddocks ?? Huh Huh

If you want a grandstand seat I'd book as soon as possible, the event is still quite new so I'm not sure that there is much info about how and when they allocate seats. 

For the 24hour there is an ACO Welcome centre where you can get out of the heat/rain/cold (delete as appropriate), get a drink, have a shower etc. etc.  I'm not sure about the Classic but would imagine that there  is a similar set up?? Huh For the 24 there is also a specific ACO grandstand - again might well be the same for the Classic.

Enjoy!!!   
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2005, 11:17:39 pm »

The paddock dress code is as follows:

"The entrance into the paddocks will be refused to any person not complying with the required dress code, even if in possession of a valid credential."

This is from their official booking pdf/form

Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2005, 09:59:42 pm »

The paddock dress code is as follows:

"The entrance into the paddocks will be refused to any person not complying with the required dress code, even if in possession of a valid credential."

This is from their official booking pdf/form

Martini...

Dress code for the paddocks at the last Classic was smart casual, but there did not seem to be a problem wandering around in shorts and t shirts, which I don't call smart casual.
I can't see them getting people to wear jackets if its as hot as this years LM, but comments from Giles or Kpy about the probablity of enforcement might be intresting.

Last time they seemed to allocate non ACO members grandstands, no choice, we applied early and got Lagache (Michelin).

Hope this helps.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2005, 11:56:54 pm »

MB camping ticket essentially getas a car in - regardless of number of tents/occupants. Yes, you leave your car parked by your tent.

Paddock pass, dunno.

Book asap.

ACO membership - ticket discount if you buy all eligible tickets (6 entry and 4 camping IIRC)  roughly equates to cost of ACO ticket. Non ACO members cannot apply for tickets to ACO grandstand (unlikely to get them though even if you are a member). ACO members can use the ACO bars and facilities (including showers/crappers). ACO (Used to) do recovery service. Some doubt as to whether this exists any more, I'm pretty sure it does. Also discount (10%?) on ACO official merchandise.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2005, 12:19:09 am »

MB camping ticket essentially getas a car in - regardless of number of tents/occupants. Yes, you leave your car parked by your tent.

Paddock pass, dunno.

Book asap.

ACO membership - ticket discount if you buy all eligible tickets (6 entry and 4 camping IIRC)  roughly equates to cost of ACO ticket. Non ACO members cannot apply for tickets to ACO grandstand (unlikely to get them though even if you are a member). ACO members can use the ACO bars and facilities (including showers/crappers). ACO (Used to) do recovery service. Some doubt as to whether this exists any more, I'm pretty sure it does. Also discount (10%?) on ACO official merchandise.
In addition to Smokie's notes above which pretty much cover the 24 hour race, The ACO membership also save you money on all other ACO events, so if you go to the 24 hours Moto and the Classic as well (in addition to the other ACO events) te you are quids in.

In 2004, being an ACO member (or guest of an ACO member who bought your tickets for you) also gave you free access to the ACO Tribune (including immaculately clean showers) and paddocks. As for dress codes, some of us wandered onto the pit wall in nothing more than tailored shorts and a t-shirt 
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2005, 10:07:44 pm »

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies, the bit about Jacket and Tie was taken from the pdf they sent out which I got compliments of Piglet, not sure if I believe what they are saying but would be pretty pixxed if they threw me out because of my clobber and dodgy knees.

I think I will join ACO because I do appreciate a good crapper (although have found HA acceptable) and am doing the LM24  as well, I do not, however, think that this will influence my booking for LM24. Hoping to get HA again so that Nordic and his gang of merry, sociable and convivial, men can pleasure in the aroma of my BBQ leg of lamb.

I appreciate your help on this one and will list the names to-date and buy you a beer!!

Mind you after being a voyeur of The CA site for a few years I might get involved in the Poo bar antics, as long as you don't mind a Gauloises and cigar smoking pisshead in your company.

Hopefully the nutters will not be do prevalent next year, I, and my bro actually found it quite intimidating at the roundabout this year as we saw cyclists stopped and their bikes taken for a joyride and then thrown into the side of the road crowd as they got off!

Mind you some of the drivers were nuts also I thought it would make sense standing on the inside of the roundabout - yes it does make sense.

Stay lucky, stay fast

Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2005, 08:38:47 pm »

According to the calendar that came free with this months Octane magazine, the 06 classic clashes with the Goodwood Festival of Speed Shocked

Surely this ain't a clever move, both events appealing to the same punters. I bet a few car and driver combos will have tough call to make. What are your thoughts on this, will the classic be a wash out? is it still worth choosing over this years modern event ? ( I cannot do both this year and fancied a change)
 The ferry is booked for the classic weekend, will we be alone??

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2005, 08:47:28 pm »

My choice would be the LM Classic, the Festival of Speed is far to popular, too many people and you can't get near the cars or drivers.  The LM classic is different to this, easy access to cars and drivers, excellent atmosphere, very laid back, a bit like how the FoS use to be.  Check out the year before last's exploits, what a hoot.

Also tickets already booked for the classic.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2005, 09:13:00 pm »

Goodwood's web site confirms the date as 7/8/9 July.  I'm surprised by the clash but I'd imagine Lord March has to try to fit his date around the GP calendar as a number of GP drivers and cars attend.

We'll be in Le Mans, we don't normally do the FoS so there's no issue for us.  Having done the Revival and the 2004 Le Mans Classic, I'd pick the Classic over the Revival still - Goodwood was OK, but it's not a patch on Le Mans. 
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2005, 08:00:56 pm »

Well that is good news, his Lordship had me worried there. The FOS is a great event, a little over crowded yes but still good. I have never been to the LM classic and have looked forward to it after reading rave reviews in 04. Tickets are booked anyhow and the ferry is sorted, missus has been forewarned, jacket and tie are in mothballs so its just the long wait til July!!
Getting a warm glow inside just thinking about it Grin

Dick Dasterdly was right
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2005, 08:57:44 pm »

If it is as hot as '04, you won't need the jacket and tie

Have a look here for suitable attire!

http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=2417.msg26510#msg26510

All the best Peter
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2005, 02:22:44 pm »

Sconefinger you will not be alone.
Have been to the FOS and the Classic, and as far as I'm concerned it's a very easy choice.
France here we come! Cool
Ferries booked, tickets ordered, holiday booked   Grin
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2005, 07:46:58 pm »

Splendid, who's responsible for planning on here?, step forward and guide us!! I can smell the champers and crepes from here Grin

Dick Dasterdly was right
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2005, 08:53:09 pm »

Splendid, who's responsible for planning on here?, step forward and guide us!! I can smell the champers and crepes from here Grin

Was that planning or planing ?  Huh

Steve East Anglian cobras

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2005, 11:25:55 pm »

I can smell the champers and crepes from here Grin

That'll be Chateau Piglet you can smell, crepes, waffles and champagne our speciality!!! 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: