Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 09:08:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 classic  (Read 46820 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2005, 12:55:04 am »

Sconefinger you will not be alone.
Have been to the FOS and the Classic, and as far as I'm concerned it's a very easy choice.
France here we come! Cool
Ferries booked, tickets ordered, holiday booked   Grin

Have you booked a babysitter? I believe Mr Brown is available, but only if you get some new books!!  Grin
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2005, 09:28:58 am »

Those Thomas the Tank Engine books are a work of literary genius.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2005, 03:31:59 pm »

Sconefinger you will not be alone.
Have been to the FOS and the Classic, and as far as I'm concerned it's a very easy choice.
France here we come! Cool
Ferries booked, tickets ordered, holiday booked   Grin

Have you booked a babysitter? I believe Mr Brown is available, but only if you get some new books!!  Grin

Kids farmed out to Grandparents, so a long weekend for just the 2 of us, and 80,000 others at LM Grin Grin Grin

If Steve puts in a request to James, I'm sure we can bring along any titles that he hasn't read yet. They seem to bring out new ones every year Grin
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2005, 08:01:27 pm »

Splendid, who's responsible for planning on here?, step forward and guide us!! I can smell the champers and crepes from here Grin

Was that planning or planing ?  Huh

Sea whot hapens wen you don't consentrate at skool Embarrassed

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Dobbo
CA Veteran

They've rebadged it you fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2006, 02:17:49 pm »

MB camping ticket essentially getas a car in - regardless of number of tents/occupants. Yes, you leave your car parked by your tent.

Paddock pass, dunno.

Book asap.

ACO membership - ticket discount if you buy all eligible tickets (6 entry and 4 camping IIRC)  roughly equates to cost of ACO ticket. Non ACO members cannot apply for tickets to ACO grandstand (unlikely to get them though even if you are a member). ACO members can use the ACO bars and facilities (including showers/crappers). ACO (Used to) do recovery service. Some doubt as to whether this exists any more, I'm pretty sure it does. Also discount (10%?) on ACO official merchandise.
In addition to Smokie's notes above which pretty much cover the 24 hour race, The ACO membership also save you money on all other ACO events, so if you go to the 24 hours Moto and the Classic as well (in addition to the other ACO events) te you are quids in.

In 2004, being an ACO member (or guest of an ACO member who bought your tickets for you) also gave you free access to the ACO Tribune (including immaculately clean showers) and paddocks. As for dress codes, some of us wandered onto the pit wall in nothing more than tailored shorts and a t-shirt

Are there different levels of membership? I'm off to the Classic and want to buy a paddock pass so I obviously need the membership. Is there any way I can avoid paying the 90 Euros which seems to be geared around a pack for the 24 hour race  Huh I.e. is there a cheaper package which just gives you access to the ACO areas and the chance to buy the paddock passes at the classic?
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2006, 02:32:55 pm »

Are there different levels of membership? I'm off to the Classic and want to buy a paddock pass so I obviously need the membership. Is there any way I can avoid paying the 90 Euros which seems to be geared around a pack for the 24 hour race  Huh I.e. is there a cheaper package which just gives you access to the ACO areas and the chance to buy the paddock passes at the classic?

In a word ............ no.

90 euro is the base ACO membership level.

Dobbo
CA Veteran

They've rebadged it you fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2006, 02:43:39 pm »

Cheers Steve.
I'm off to join!
rcutler
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2006, 11:24:19 pm »

the last two classics i did not seem to matter if you were a member or not I seem to remember?

I will probably join this year as I plan to attend both therefor I can save on the GA's alone
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2006, 11:28:17 pm »

the last two classics i did not seem to matter if you were a member or not I seem to remember?

I got you ACO member rate tickets for the 2004 Classic ! - hence the free grandstand seats

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2006, 11:04:32 am »

As a Classic newbie, how does the village compare to the modern event? is it more or less the same stalls, Shampoo, Fun Fair, Grand Marnier etc. (providing there will be a village left by July!) I understand that its a different kettle of fish, but whats it going to be like?

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2006, 12:48:11 pm »

I got you ACO member rate tickets for the 2004 Classic ! - hence the free grandstand seats

Hi Steve

I joined the ACO and sent off my request for Classic tickets but have not heard anything. Is this normal have you heard from them?

Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2006, 03:56:22 pm »

Hi Steve

I joined the ACO and sent off my request for Classic tickets but have not heard anything. Is this normal have you heard from them?

Martini...

Martini,

The ACO informed me they will start allocation for the Classic tickets in either Jan or Feb.  I suggest if you've not heard from them after that you chase them up.

D

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2006, 04:47:26 pm »

As a Classic newbie, how does the village compare to the modern event? is it more or less the same stalls, Shampoo, Fun Fair, Grand Marnier etc. (providing there will be a village left by July!) I understand that its a different kettle of fish, but whats it going to be like?

Village was quieter, small poo bar, no Grand Marnier crepe stand, and no funfair
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2006, 07:03:00 pm »

Village was quieter, small poo bar, no Grand Marnier crepe stand, and no funfair

on the upside it was much less full on drunken sunburnt Brits on daytrips for the race!!!   (sorry - present company excepted of course  Grin)

It was a very different atmosphere but different nice - like the difference between the British GP and the Goodwood Revival. 
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2006, 10:22:48 am »

on the upside it was much less full on drunken sunburnt Brits on daytrips for the race!!!   (sorry - present company excepted of course  Grin)

It was a very different atmosphere but different nice - like the difference between the British GP and the Goodwood Revival. 

Yes, it's really not the same atmosphere, the same spirit.

And the comparison betweem British GP and Revival is quite good.

Classic is like Goodwood Revival, but here you not really have to wear vintage clothes to go inside paddocks, but if you want, you won't be observed as a total excentric...

... I'll probabbly have my classic to ride and drive all over the circuit, just trying to secure an accreditation.

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: