Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 06:10:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Creation Autosport Documentary  (Read 38145 times)
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2005, 09:27:10 am »

Just noticed that the documentary that Powermite mentioned a few months back (see thread http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=3309.msg38258#msg38258) is about to be broadcast on the Discovery Channel. It follows Creation Autosport's build up to, and participation in Le Mans 2005.

According to the TV listing it is 3 x 1 hour programmes starting next Monday (21st November) at 20:00pm, entitled 'The Road to Le Mans'.  So for anyone interested here is advance notice of the broadcast.

Unfortunately I do not have Discovery so will not be able to see it. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to record this to DVD and let me have a copy. I would be happy to reimburse with replacement media, postage etc. as well as stumping up for some beers at next year's event.

Here's hoping.....
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 09:51:57 am by pretzel » Logged

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 11:08:04 am »

Just noticed that the documentary that Powermite mentioned a few months back (see thread http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=3309.msg38258#msg38258) is about to be broadcast on the Discovery Channel. It follows Creation Autosport's build up to, and participation in Le Mans 2005.

According to the TV listing it is 3 x 1 hour programmes starting next Monday (21st November) at 20:00pm, entitled 'The Road to Le Mans'.  So for anyone interested here is advance notice of the broadcast.

Unfortunately I do not have Discovery so will not be able to see it. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to record this to DVD and let me have a copy. I would be happy to reimburse with replacement media, postage etc. as well as stumping up for some beers at next year's event.

Here's hoping.....

I can save it on Sky+ and then copy it to video for you Pretzel but don't have the facilities to copy it to DVD I'm afraid. Or am I right in thinking you have done away with your VCR now? If so, maybe someone can copy VCR to DVD?
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 12:21:14 pm »

I could try to record it onto DVD, will let you know if it works out.

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 01:42:01 pm »

I place an order on the DVD version !!!

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 02:57:22 pm »

I can save it on Sky+ and then copy it to video for you Pretzel but don't have the facilities to copy it to DVD I'm afraid. Or am I right in thinking you have done away with your VCR now? If so, maybe someone can copy VCR to DVD?

JPC,

I haven't quite ditched the VCR, but only use it occasionally to record older films on to DVD, so your offer of a video (unless it's Betamax  Wink ) would be fine. I could then copy it myself on to DVD. I would then be happy to return the video, and make further DVD copies should anyone else want one.

Paddy_NL-  if you're not successful let me know and I can create copies of JPC's video and ship it to you and Gilles.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 03:05:11 pm »

I've set it up to record the first one and set it on series link. Unless anyone else does it straight to DVD I'll copy them once they are all shown and post the video up to you.  Smiley
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 05:14:02 pm »

I've set it up to record the first one and set it on series link. Unless anyone else does it straight to DVD I'll copy them once they are all shown and post the video up to you.  Smiley

Cheers JPC.

I'll PM you my address details.

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 06:51:23 pm »

Paddy_NL-  if you're not successful let me know and I can create copies of JPC's video and ship it to you and Gilles.
Okay - I'll let you know. We do have a DVD Recorder, but it a Phillips.
Recently replaced as the "old one" wasn't reparable within it's guarantee period of 12 months, not too high hopes for this brand I'm afraid Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 08:57:22 pm »

I'll try to remember to record it to DVD and can make copies. Unfortunately the TiVo is busy that day :-)

However I'd warn at this stage that I've been copying movies for my daughters and I sometimes seem to be burning coasters...they work all right on my PC and on my home theatre but not in their integral DVDs.

Err...will also check whether I have Discovery. Pretty sure I have, either through Freeview or cable.

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 10:23:16 pm »

I'll record it onto DVD too so between us we should get a few copies to pass around

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
garystout
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 11:13:09 pm »

Any chance of a copy being sent to france Huh  please please please

Le Mans is for life, not just for Christmas
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 12:27:11 am »

My plans are scuppered already. TiVo is scheduled to record the Shakespeare thing for daughter who is doing English A level. Therefore DVD is going to record University Challenge. I only have two recording devices - no VHS.

Over to you then, Bob! Smiley

(If you want to record it and send me one I can do some copying/distribution - coasters not guaranteed!)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 11:09:53 am »

No probs Smokie, One copy to you for duplication and distribution. Will you be able to moderate out  the ad breaks out cos I am not that technically minded?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 11:36:40 am by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 12:17:34 pm »

Yep I can edit out ads.

There is a small window of opportunity here too. I've just used DigiGuide to check the programme, and it is being repeated in the middle of the night. There appear to be three episodes at "normal" times and 6 either at 11:00 or 05:00. I'll attempt to record these just in case.

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 11:41:54 pm »

The first programme is recorded onto DVD, I will be able to get all 3 onto one disc and will send to Smokie to get his moderating stick to work on the ad breaks. It can then be copied and sent to anyone who can't get to watch it. Judging by the first it will be a great insight into a race teams preperation for Le Mans

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: