Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 08:15:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring tv coverage - Motorstv 18th March 3pm  (Read 22980 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2006, 01:41:16 pm »

There's just one small hitch in this...in our gross stupidity we put a DVD RAM in the machine rather than a -RW.

Keith is trying to work out if we can use any of the vast amount of electronic gear in our house to copy it across onto something more sensible.... Any suggestions gratefully received!

I knew it was going too well! 

Pretzel you were though right about needing to "finalise" the DVD and then being able to read it on the PC.  It does work - although it won't work on this because our PC doesn't read RAM! 
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2006, 02:14:26 pm »

Does anyone know if I can "network" the Sky+ box so  can use the DVD writer in my PC to burn stuff?

Yes you can Mark.  I looked into this a year or so ago, but at that time I didn't have a good enough graphics card to accept the input from the Sky+ box. 

You can connect via SVideo link or (better but a lot more expensive) via fibre-optic.

Parts/cables etc readily available at, if you want to use them, PC World, and I am sure that many other outlets would have them.

Del

The only problem is my Dell S video connector is OUTPUT only no input..... I can play to the tv but not record from it.
keithk
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2006, 03:09:43 pm »

We are go found a way to copy DVD RAM to DVD -r so should have the it done by tomorrow will keep you informed
keithk
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2006, 08:26:30 am »

Slight tech glitch the DVD recorder bust into flames first I couldnt get it to close the disk the flame and smoke so back to square one have origional disk Ok will try later to copy again....
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2006, 07:45:59 pm »

OK, we are getting there with this, although Keith has used up all his patience on it all!!

Our DVD recorder did indeed burst into flames this morning  Shocked  The nice people at Costco have refunded us for it and we've got a shiny new one with a built in hard drive as well.

Should get the DVD copied off tomorrow and on it's way to Pretzel ASAP!

What a blooming fuss!!!   Grin
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2006, 08:54:20 am »

OK after much swearing, some smoke and flames the DVD is on its way to Pretzel - it went in the box last night but may have missed the last post.

There are 2 Dvd's the first one is all of the coverage but the recorder was clearly dying at the end and the last 20 minutes or so is not good, lots of breaks in the coverage, jittering etc so we also recorded the last 20 minutes of the highlight prog on a separate dvd so you might want to put that on instead of the original stuff!
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2006, 12:58:10 pm »

Piglet/keithk,

Just to confirm DVD's received this morning. Have not yet had time to review the content but will do later today. When all is done do you want me to return them to you?

So far as I can see from this thread the following have requested copies:

20vmk2_dub
ferrari spider
lorry

Please send me contact details via PM (except FS - I already have yours). Provided all goes well I should be in a position to send copies Monday.

Pete B

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2006, 01:21:09 pm »

Hi Pete

I'm impressed that you've got them  they went in the village postbox around 5 last night - I assumed the last post would have gone!!

We don't need the DVD's back - we've got the original RAM versions which we're gonna watch this afternoon - we've just been and bought beer so we're about to re-create a race meeting to celebrate Keith's birthday!

Enjoy!   
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2006, 05:13:45 pm »

Piglet/keithk,

Just to confirm DVD's received this morning. Have not yet had time to review the content but will do later today. When all is done do you want me to return them to you?

So far as I can see from this thread the following have requested copies:

20vmk2_dub
ferrari spider
lorry

Please send me contact details via PM (except FS - I already have yours). Provided all goes well I should be in a position to send copies Monday.

Pete B
Could I also request a copy?
Cheers, Ian
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2006, 08:01:56 pm »

Right, I have given the DVD's a brief review and it seems to me that if the adverts etc. were edited out it would make the viewing experience very disjointed so I propose just to make straight copies and distribute.

I would also point out that as it was recorded in long play mode the quality is not what you would expect from a bought DVD - no offence to Piglet and Keithk - that's just the way it is.

IRW -  please PM me your details and I will add you to the list.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2006, 08:39:43 pm »

I would also point out that as it was recorded in long play mode the quality is not what you would expect from a bought DVD - no offence to Piglet and Keithk - that's just the way it is.

It's the only way to get all the coverage copied onto DVD when you're away from home!!!  Wink   Hopefully now we've got a hard drive recorder it should be better next time!  Grin
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2006, 05:14:56 pm »

Due to other stuff getting in the way over the weekend copies will probably now be mailed sometime mid week. Hope that is OK.

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2006, 06:58:50 pm »

As I missed the coverage due to being away somewhere, could I get a copy too?   Wink
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2006, 07:50:56 pm »

As I missed the coverage due to being away somewhere, could I get a copy too?   Wink

Smokie, I don't know where you were but I saw you there ...perhaps we were lost and then found!

Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2006, 09:23:19 am »

I dunno - all the way to Sebring and didn't get a chance to see the race eh?  Smiley

No problem Smokie. Please don't expect the same quality of artwork on the DVD box or printed DVD's as the Creation effort. Indelible pen is about the level of my capability in that area....

Please PM me your details.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: