Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 12:07:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA Le Mans Guide 2007: Your input is needed - New editorial team  (Read 115736 times)
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 02, 2007, 07:39:21 pm »

I'll do it Werner, if someone would just confirm the colours (colors??) - ageing brain cells you know   Cry Cry

P1 - Red
P2 - Blue
GT1 - Green
GT2 - Yellow

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 02, 2007, 07:55:45 pm »

picked up from ten-tenths forum :

........the ACO have announced today that the 'Three Light System' which signifies the top three cars in each category in the ALMS will be adopted for this year's Le Mans.

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/actu/2007-06-01_ML_1610_fr.html

maybe something for in the guide?

Excellent. That's a turn up for the books, the ACO adopting an idea that they didn't think of.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
rcutler
« Reply #317 on: June 02, 2007, 07:57:23 pm »

P1 - Red----Confirmed
P2 - Blue
GT1 - Green----Confirmed
GT2 - Yellow

I looked at my sebring shots and am able to confirm these to. All the cars were not visible enough to confirm.

Edit - but the ACO has it :

rouge (RED) pour les LM P1,
bleu (BLUE) pour les LM P2,
vert (GREEN) pour les LM GT1,
jaune (YELLOW) pour le LM GT2
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 07:59:30 pm by Rick Cutler » Logged
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: June 02, 2007, 08:27:44 pm »

Werner, all cars have three lights on the side of the car. When one light is burning, the car is leader in it's class, with 2 burning second, and with three, well you can guess. Wink No lights? fourth of further back. Smiley

Here you can see the three lights (this was night practice) on the Corvette in Sebring.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: June 02, 2007, 08:53:52 pm »

Werner, all cars have three lights on the side of the car. When one light is burning, the car is leader in it's class, with 2 burning second, and with three, well you can guess. Wink No lights? fourth of further back. Smiley

Here you can see the three lights (this was night practice) on the Corvette in Sebring.

So the above pics - if it would have been taken during the race - would have meant that this is P3 (3 lights) in GT1-Class (green light), right?

Marius, the pic is good. If Delboy writes something, could I use this for illustration?

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: June 02, 2007, 08:57:52 pm »

Del, just found this text on the ACO website, may if we rephrase it a little...

"One of the innovations this year is the 'leader light' system where each car must have 3 LED lights mounted on both sides. This will be familiar to those of you who follow the American Le Mans Series, but is new to many of the European teams this year. Each class has lights of different colour, three for each car; red for LM P1, blue for LM P2, green for LM GT1 and yellow for LM GT2. The leading car in class will show one light, the second place two and third position three lights, so that spectators can more easily follow the progress of the race."

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 02, 2007, 09:45:27 pm »

Del, just found this text on the ACO website, may if we rephrase it a little...

"One of the innovations this year is the 'leader light' system where each car must have 3 LED lights mounted on both sides. This will be familiar to those of you who follow the American Le Mans Series, but is new to many of the European teams this year. Each class has lights of different colour, three for each car; red for LM P1, blue for LM P2, green for LM GT1 and yellow for LM GT2. The leading car in class will show one light, the second place two and third position three lights, so that spectators can more easily follow the progress of the race."

That's it in a nutshell, Werner.  Saves me a bit of typing   Wink Wink

I knew the system, but needed confimation of the colours.  As you say, re-phrase it and it says it all

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Pam the Weather
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 02, 2007, 09:55:14 pm »

how does the system work?  Is it under race or team control?  Is it like the headlights, ie on all through the race or just at night? Huh
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 02, 2007, 10:04:48 pm »

how does the system work?  Is it under race or team control?  Is it like the headlights, ie on all through the race or just at night? Huh

FS  Pam, the lights are on all the time, I believe controlled automatically by the race stewards - certainly not under the control of the teams

Del

Team Delboy Racing
rcutler
« Reply #324 on: June 02, 2007, 10:19:20 pm »

Werner, I have several shots of cars at Sebring with 1 two or three lights on. not sure I have all three from each class. You are welcome to use the pictures just if I can be credited. Trying to get media passes you see.

Some of them are here. www.totalsportscar.com
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: June 03, 2007, 12:01:35 am »

Werner, I have several shots of cars at Sebring with 1 two or three lights on. not sure I have all three from each class. You are welcome to use the pictures just if I can be credited. Trying to get media passes you see.

Some of them are here. www.totalsportscar.com

Thanks Rick, I'll have a look at those

LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: June 03, 2007, 01:26:23 am »

No problem with the use of my pic werner, I have it in higher resolution if that's helpfull.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
rcutler
« Reply #327 on: June 03, 2007, 11:28:54 am »

There is a bit more about the lights here:-

http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?ID=3235

It appears as if it was a fans idea that was adopted in 2002!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 03, 2007, 10:31:49 pm »

Werner, some track shots on the way to you.

I'm going to have to amend the tickets bit again.  No contremarques this year - even the general entry tickets are being scanned in and out.  Will get onto it in the morning.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 04, 2007, 06:05:20 am »

Hi Werner,
             http://americanlemans.com/assets/pdfs/LeaderLightsSystem.pdf
Explains it all. Quite simple really. In use remember it reloads at the timing / scoring line so is basically the previous lap that one is viewing.
Canada Phil
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: