Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 04:02:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seb*ing 2007  (Read 222779 times)
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 04, 2007, 10:50:13 am »

Smokes, where did he book it from as I still haven't sorted out my transport.
I still fancy a Charger.

Dollar have an offer on at the moment just type in NWNO in the promo box. Not sure what we will hire yet!

Rick, that`ll get you a full size car (ex. Dodge Charger) for USD 193.66
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 04, 2007, 10:55:26 am »

It's funny to see you guys get excited about a Dodge Charger the same way I did about a Renault Espace.  Grin

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 04, 2007, 11:39:21 am »

Tee hee, chop.
On somebody else's advice (can't remember whom and way-back on this thread) I have booked the smallest car available as I was told these were rarely available and the likelihood will be that I'd actually end up with something bigger for a lower rate.  No doubt all who come will bear witness to whether this works or not!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: January 04, 2007, 12:09:37 pm »

Beware that BA are changing the regulations on baggage. From 1st of February you will only be allowed ONE item of check in luggage (down from 2) and it cannot weigh more the 23Kg (Previously 32Kg). If you were planning on bring stuff back beware.

Also it could be foggy in March!

As smokey said, 2 bags is correct for flights to and from US, but the restriction is 23 kg/bag. Used to be 32 kg/bag flying from the mainland to US.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 04, 2007, 12:16:57 pm »

It's funny to see you guys get excited about a Dodge Charger the same way I did about a Renault Espace.  Grin

Not at all excited about the Charger since it`s not the 425hp hemi  Shocked it`s the price that makes me smile  laugh
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 05, 2007, 06:38:42 am »

Tee hee, chop.
On somebody else's advice (can't remember whom and way-back on this thread) I have booked the smallest car available as I was told these were rarely available and the likelihood will be that I'd actually end up with something bigger for a lower rate.  No doubt all who come will bear witness to whether this works or not!
Hi Termie,
                A good ploy. I rate your chance about 70% you will get a bigger car. even the economy cars are no smaller than European so you will be fine. Automatic ofcourse so will require a severe flogging to keep up with traffic police
Phil
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 05, 2007, 09:56:08 am »

May be a blessing in disguise Phil, I was wondering how I manage to keep to the ludicrously low speed limits! Roll Eyes

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2007, 07:56:08 am »

May be a blessing in disguise Phil, I was wondering how I manage to keep to the ludicrously low speed limits! Roll Eyes
Hi Termie,
              70 MPH on Interstate in Florida. +- 115KPH.
Not so bad really. I can't drive 55 was a while ago Grin
Real miles and still 60 minutes in an hour but only 3,78 litres to their gallon laugh
Phil
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2007, 10:03:42 am »

Hi Termie,
              70 MPH on Interstate in Florida. +- 115KPH.
Not so bad really. I can't drive 55 was a while ago Grin
Real miles and still 60 minutes in an hour but only 3,78 litres to their gallon laugh
Phil
As you say, not so bad - I am way behind the times, obviously!  One gallon probably costs rather less than a litre here though! Smiley

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2007, 05:12:15 pm »

$2.32 a gallon this week (though it's up and down like a whores drawers).
Regarding speeding here - I think you'll find traffic moves a little faster here than it does in UK and France - no Gatso's you see. Usually, 80mph on the Interstate will leave you unmolested by the highway patrol - but in town you have to be more prudent and if you habitually speed, you will definitely bet busted. A radar detector is standard equipment for all but the coffin-dodgers in FL.
For any of you unfamiliar with the Sebring routine, DUI is the BIG no-no. The 12 Hours is a recognised spring-break venue these days, bringing a big influx of college kids, ready to party like crazy - as a consequence there is a heavy police presence throughout race week in the area - who concentrate on nailing those who drive while blind - so take care.
Any rental Charger is going to be a six-pot, by the way - no R/T or SRT-8 - that would be asking for trouble......

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 08, 2007, 02:25:31 am »

OK, count me in again. Just booked my flight for my 6th visit to Sebring. Well it would be rude not to, even if I financially shouldn't but hey what are credit cards for.

Flying into Miami on Tuesday 13th and travelling to Sebring with Pidge and Gab on the Wednesday. Back to Miami on the sunday with Pidge, Gab and Smokie. Staying for the IRL and Grand AM at Homestead the following weekend and flying home Monday 26th.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: January 08, 2007, 12:52:28 pm »

$2.32 a gallon this week (though it's up and down like a whores drawers).
Wow! I remember filling up a rented Grand AM for ten dollars back in '98. Now that's not THAT long ago, is it? Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 08, 2007, 10:32:00 pm »

Please can I crash the thread please?

As you know KK and I can't make Sebring.....can I ask a pretty please whether there is going to be a CA/DfH S*bring T-shirt if so could we buy a couple even though we're not coming out?!   Grin

You may now resume your mutterings about S*bring  Grin
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2007, 10:39:28 pm »

Yes, I'm also sorted out and everything booked now.   Grin

I flying with Virgin to Orlando for Wednesday 14th.  I arrive late in the afternoon, pick up a rental Charger and then head straight for the track for Wednesday evening - then party, beer, sleep - the usual. 

I'm then heading up to Gainesville for Sunday 18th for the Gatornationals (leaving Sebring at the crack of dawn Sunday morning), then back to Orlando for the Sunday night drink / eats with Matt H and DfH, then home on Monday evening.

Not so much planned this visit, no titty bars in Daytona etc - not much time off from work.

Not long now.  See you all there.

Steve East Anglian cobras

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 08, 2007, 10:43:32 pm »

Has anybody actually got any tickets? I've e-mailed them, filled in the form and posted it, e-mailed them again - nothing.  Probably being daft but should I panic yet?  Make the ACO seem organised....

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: