Club Arnage
April 16, 2024, 07:02:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Back!  (Read 7189 times)
ChrisConsidine
Club Arnage Administrator
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« on: October 20, 2006, 09:39:14 pm »

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd drop in and say hello to everyone.  Sorry I've been away for far too long.  I've been incredibly busy these last few years.

The short story is; I decided to combine my two passions in life and start my own company.  Since it has relevance here, I'll explain.  Our company specializes in combining cutting edge design with state-of-the-art control systems and motion technologies to create extremely realistic racing simulations - whether as a learning tool for professional drivers and teams or a fully configurable thrill package for high-end private or corporate use.  The ultimate toys or the most serious tools, we do it all!

You can check out our site here: www.cxcsimulations.com  At the moment it's just a temporary placeholder but stay tuned for more information.

Anyhow, enough about that.  I plan on participating a lot more around here and maybe making a few improvements to the site when I have the time.  (perhaps a new forum to get rid of those spammers and add some fun features)

It's nice to see this little community we built is still going strong.  I look forward to spending more time here again.

Chris Considine
CXC Simulations

Chris Considine
CXC Simulations
www.cxcsimulations.com
rcutler
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 10:02:41 pm »

Nice to hear from you! Setting up a business that you are interested is one of the aims most people would have in life!
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 10:59:03 pm »

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd drop in and say hello to everyone.  Sorry I've been away for far too long.  I've been incredibly busy these last few years.

The short story is; I decided to combine my two passions in life and start my own company.  Since it has relevance here, I'll explain.  Our company specializes in combining cutting edge design with state-of-the-art control systems and motion technologies to create extremely realistic racing simulations - whether as a learning tool for professional drivers and teams or a fully configurable thrill package for high-end private or corporate use.  The ultimate toys or the most serious tools, we do it all!

You can check out our site here: www.cxcsimulations.com  At the moment it's just a temporary placeholder but stay tuned for more information.

Anyhow, enough about that.  I plan on participating a lot more around here and maybe making a few improvements to the site when I have the time.  (perhaps a new forum to get rid of those spammers and add some fun features)

It's nice to see this little community we built is still going strong.  I look forward to spending more time here again.

Chris Considine
CXC Simulations

I guess this does'nt consitute SPAM then  Grin
Welcome back  Wink
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 01:06:33 pm »

[
I guess this does'nt consitute SPAM then  Grin
Welcome back  Wink

Perhaps it's just a luncheon meat  Grin...

Does this open doors for genuine members, (this is not a dig at CC) who have say postings in excess of 50??

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 02:37:06 pm »

Martini - Do you mean advertising ??

Its not the done thing, but i think its losely related to Le Mans and i know from a few years back, chris does lots of work on this forum, so i would guess he's allowed.

Chris - Nice to see you posting

Take life by the horns and live it.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 12:33:38 pm »

Martini - Do you mean advertising ??

Its not the done thing, but i think its losely related to Le Mans and i know from a few years back, chris does lots of work on this forum, so i would guess he's allowed.

Chris - Nice to see you posting

Nothing quite as blunt as advertising, BUT, but it would perhaps be an idea to have a 'for sale' section (other than LM tickets etc) and this could only be available to verified members. Even perhaps donating a small amount of cash to our chosen charity.

BTW I was not having a pop at CC.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 12:47:09 pm »

That's a brilliant idea Martini! I've got some stuff going on which would be suitable to the idea if it wasn't considered spam. I'm doing some business with fellow DfH members, but a platform for doing business between members could jumpstart more business. I'm very willing to contribute to charity.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 10:13:58 pm »

Maybe it could be incorporated into the CA guide, under its own section, that way it could generate somme base revenue for charity and some return for contributing members (need to work out some qualifying criteria) when the guide is downloaded.
ChrisConsidine
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 09:59:51 pm »

While it has spawned some interesting debate, I was merely mentioning my new business as an excuse for my disappearing act.  Also I thought you guys might be interested seeing as it has something to do with racing.  Sorry if it offended.  I can see how it might seem like advertising.

As far as the new forum thought; perhaps we could open a "feaures request" thread.  As I said before, I'm thinking of completely rebuilding the forum to solve a number of problems.  These types of requests would be important to note.

Chris Considine
CXC Simulations
www.cxcsimulations.com
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 02:33:49 pm »

Hi Chris, and welcome back, will you be attending next year, if so you know you are always welcome to call in for a cool one.

When was the last time we did that, was it 2002 or 2003.

Brian.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
ChrisConsidine
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 05:57:50 pm »

Hi Brian!

Yeah that was great fun!  I think that was 2003.  That was one of my fondest memories of Le Mans.  Believe it or not, that was the first time I saw the campgrounds.  You can't really understand Le Mans until you visit the campgrounds.  That's where all the real fun is.

I would love to go again this year, but it seems I'm not invited Sad  As you know the Club Arnage team does the Enlgish side of the ACO website coverage.  Unfortunately the budgets are extremely small so they have to take a very small team.  As I'm not a very good writer or photographer and I have to come all the way from the US, I'm afraid I'm left in the dust.  My father will be there though and the rest of the usual team should be there too.

Funny enough, I just had dinner with the Grand Formage (Dave Davies for those who don't know).  It seems he's in on business for the week.  We've been talking about what we see in the future for Club Arnage.  He has some really great ideas.  I think you guys will like what's in store.

Chris

Chris Considine
CXC Simulations
www.cxcsimulations.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: