Club Arnage
April 18, 2024, 03:25:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone going to Twickenham this Sunday?  (Read 11475 times)
bird
CA Veteran

neeeeeeeow!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2006, 05:25:34 pm »

I can get a small number of tickets from work for £65 if needed. We sponsor Sale Sharks so are special, like.

Cheesy

IM if you're interested.

A ferrari can't run on glue
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2006, 05:42:52 pm »

Trouble is Bob using the old tickets to local clubs to be entered into a ballot still doesn't work, unfortunately there are clubs and certain individuals that will still sell their ticket allocation on the quiet to make (1) extra cash for the club (2) more likely - extra cash for themselves....

At the end of the day I agree the real fan does suffer, but show me a way of making ticket allocation fair, I've not seen one yet.

I can say as the Club Secretary for one of the last few fully affiliated RFU Pub teams, the RFU have set up a scheme that enables clubs to legaly sell there ticket allocation on to certain registered hospitality companies. These companies do pay a premium for the tickets, as i recall it was about £80 on top of the face value of £65 tickets.

We do not take advantage of this offer due to us only getting on average 4 tickets per home game and about 30 people wanting them!

The last time i went to Twickenham it was to watch England v SA and we got tickets via a Africans friend who got them from the SA RFU and they were a lot cheaper than we could get them for !!!

SmithA

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2006, 06:12:30 pm »

I hope this helps explain things.

http://www.fat-pie.com/pulch.htm

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2006, 09:59:50 am »

It certainly does Andy.
If only life was that simple, and tasted of burnt yoghurt.
One scene in particular reminded me of the champagne bar at around 7am on a Sunday.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2006, 10:46:45 am »

I see what you mean Andy.

So that's how the RFU distribute tickets. Perfectly clear now, thanks.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2006, 10:50:37 am »

I am now sorted for tickets for New Zealand and Argentina. Thanks to all for your help and advice. A special thanks to Andy Zarse for his most helpful contribution Grin

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2006, 11:34:31 am »

As Luxembourg correctly surmised whilst on his deathbed - "It's simple, the trick is in the timing". Glad to be of service.

Next week - Mickey Mouse teaches us how to cure erectile dysfunction.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2006, 03:59:15 am »

Stu,
How are you mate?
It's been a while, but for good reason. I'm not absolutely sure where, exactly I am right now. But tomorrow, I'm off to somewhere else, via some old rust-bucket mailboat. I'm due to be dropped off at a sparsely populated venue that my sources ( or maybe,'sauces') refer to, only obliquely, as "infested with parasites". The mosquitos apparantly, are "overwhelming", and I met a displaced local in a bar tonight who described them as "like flocks of pigeons". I think the pigeon simile was for my benfit, as an englishman. There was no mention of Nelson or, thankfully, his column.
Encouragingly, I heard on the radio yesterday there had been a riot amongst the few residents there at the weekend. A man was beaten to death, and guns were fired into the air. The national guard was despatched immediately, but they're not expected to arrive until next Tuesday. I'm just praying to god they haven't closed the only bar.
Anyway, I have a cunning scheme up my sleeve, hence the purpose of my post. I have your brown paper envelope and "special" decks with me, and I plan to baffle, impress and generally acheive deity status by going through your card tricks, - which I've got to say had a similar impression on me earlier this year in June, when I think, and I'm positive I'm not mistaken, you retrieved the ten of diamonds from a place on my person that not even I had clapped eyes on. I reckon I can't fail, but I'm loth to put money on it, which isn't a good sign.
In closing, I'd like to say I've had far too much gin, and typing this, with one finger, has brought me out into a very clammy sweat, but  no matter how hard I try, I can't really say that this is a bad thing.
As always, I'll be on the lookout for a motor racing connection.
H

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 07:40:33 pm »

I was offered tickets for the South Africa game, but had to work.......

I have just joined the England Supporeters Club so am now in the ballot for tickets for England Games as opposed to badgering my mates..

Take life by the horns and live it.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006, 08:08:46 pm »

Sh*t,
It all went badly wrong, I was lucky not to get eaten. My attempt at a 'pinky break' was completely misinterpreted and didn't go down well at all, I think, in hindsight, I tried to sink before I could swim, or something like that. I'm back in there tomorrow and am in a right state, my currency there isn't looking good.
This is all off thread, but perhaps someone could help in my ignorance and brief return to connectivity...
I was expecting to find, amongst Father Christmas's various deposits, the usual letter from the ACO demanding payment, - it normally comes around this time of year, just when I'm feeling really flush. But there's no sign yet, has anyone else had it yet, the letter that is?
Oh, and does anyone know the dates for next years race?
H

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2006, 10:56:15 pm »

Sh*t,
It all went badly wrong, I was lucky not to get eaten. My attempt at a 'pinky break' was completely misinterpreted and didn't go down well at all, I think, in hindsight, I tried to sink before I could swim, or something like that. I'm back in there tomorrow and am in a right state, my currency there isn't looking good.
This is all off thread, but perhaps someone could help in my ignorance and brief return to connectivity...
I was expecting to find, amongst Father Christmas's various deposits, the usual letter from the ACO demanding payment, - it normally comes around this time of year, just when I'm feeling really flush. But there's no sign yet, has anyone else had it yet, the letter that is?
H

Same thought down here.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006, 02:24:25 pm »

H
The whole discussion can be found here (click). Basically those on the "magic list" have already got their letter, the rest will receive theirs within two months. Nothing is sure, for nobody. Not even where you'll end up on Maison Blanche, as zoning is introduced Undecided

Oh, and dates are June 16 & 17 Smiley
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 02:26:00 pm by Paddy_NL » Logged

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: