Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 06:22:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beer?  (Read 16258 times)
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 09:01:50 am »

To be honest, the beers I've seen most across-the-pond traveling CA'ers drink here in the States has been crap like IceHouse, Natural Lite and other assorted wee wee.  I once saw someone drink 2 of them during Sebring!

You mamby pambies need to get your act together.  Nigerian Lager was designed by psychopathic Irishmen to accompany potato picking and car racing.

Hi Dave,
            I will own up to the IceHouse. must be cold though. I too like Nigerian but not a staeady diet like you Grin
 Paddy,
         I can not believe you have had real Labbatt Blue Roll Eyes Canada's answer to nat's piss. I think Fax likes it though, which is still a mystery to me.
 Wishy
         Pete's Wicked ,any flavour, is nice.
Unlike France ICE is available Grin
Phil
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 11:58:45 am »

Sam Adams and Yuengling are safe bets for the British - as they kinda resemble British beer in taste and colour/consistency.
I'm with Dave H - Guinness is an ideal track beer that you can get a decent buzz from - and it won't injure you, just as long as you keep it nice and cold.
Labatts? Are you guys totally nuts? It's the most hideous chemical monstrosity - and delivers the most stinging hang-overs - no way, no day.
In fairness, you can get most canned/bottled beers at local FL Supermarkets (Publix) or the local ABC Liquor Store. So if you hanker for Boddies or Tets, Fullers or Wife-Beater, Hienie or Molson - it's all here - we're not in the third world, you know....
I'm not a fan of Lite beer - but in mitigation, I feel that there is nothing wrong with Michelob, Bud or MGD either. 

I personally do not think that Labatt's is hideous, it sort of resembles the taste of some stronger tasting pilseners here in Holland. But I do have to agree with the hangover argument. Molson I like, specially the dry, not so much the Ice version.

We will probably drink Sam Adams anyway and maybe for Paddy some Heinies. Or Grolsch, as long as it is not amstel lite, bud, budweezer, rolling rock or any sort of lite beer, we'll save those for the girls.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 12:38:56 pm »

and maybe for Paddy some Heinies.
Yeah, that will do me just fine Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 03:34:04 pm »

Er... my favourite beer is .... er... vodka... but I do not mind partaking in the odd Sammy or even and occasional bottle of blond stuff as long as it is cool.

>Martini...

so would this be your perfect airhostess then ?

« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 05:22:09 pm by nopanic » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 10:43:01 am »

.......we'll save those for the girls.

I don't f***ing think so !   Angry

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 03:41:02 pm »

I'm with Al Murray on this one.

"Pint for the fella.  Glass of white wine for the lady"

The trouble is, pints go warm in France

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 03:53:37 pm »

The trouble is, pints go warm in France

Only one solution Lorry. Get it down your neck before it gets a chance to go warm Roll Eyes

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 05:42:25 pm »

Only one solution Lorry. Get it down your neck before it gets a chance to go warm Roll Eyes
I was looking for a feeble excuse to drink halves Grin

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 08:28:46 pm »

.......we'll save those for the girls.

I don't f***ing think so !   Angry

Dx

Grin

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
nicebloke

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 08:42:36 pm »

Our top "decent" beer here in California is Sierra Nevada, which has proven very palatable to Brits like myself. Since they're now owned by Budweiser you might find it on the East Coast, and if you do it's a hell of a lot better than Sam Adams.

amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 09:33:05 pm »

To be honest, the beers I've seen most across-the-pond traveling CA'ers drink here in the States has been crap like IceHouse, Natural Lite and other assorted wee wee.  I once saw someone drink 2 of them during Sebring!

You mamby pambies need to get your act together.  Nigerian Lager was designed by psychopathic Irishmen to accompany potato picking and car racing.

Hi Dave,
            I will own up to the IceHouse. must be cold though. I too like Nigerian but not a staeady diet like you Grin
 Paddy,
         I can not believe you have had real Labbatt Blue Roll Eyes Canada's answer to nat's piss. I think Fax likes it though, which is still a mystery to me.
 Wishy
         Pete's Wicked ,any flavour, is nice.
Unlike France ICE is available Grin
Phil

Hmmm. I would not trying a "little Nigerian",I have never had one.

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 09:33:18 pm »

At the Orlando airport, your last chance to get a nice beer

This what Camera says about it
Odder still, the Florida brewery is in the ticketing and check-in area of Orlando International Airport. It is among the perfume, book and souvenir shops where passengers in moving walkways glide between the "people-mover" trains and the airport's Hyatt Hotel.

The brewhouse is clearly visible, in shop-like premises, behind glass. Next door is a bar serving half a dozen Shipyard beers, including the beautifully-rounded Old Thumper, the dry-hopped Fuggles IPA (5.75 abv) and a charcoaly but smooth stout (5 abv). Five other bars at the airport and one in the Hyatt each serve a couple of the Shipyard beers: often Old Thumper and a lighter, crisper, drier, perfumy, Export Ale (5.1 abv). There are about 30 Shipyard taps elsewhere in Florida, including one or two at the airport of the more northerly major city of Jacksonville

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2007, 04:38:56 am »

Hi Nopanic,
              Your mission should you accept it Roll Eyes Pick up a few cans/bottles of Old Thumper for me I would love to try it. I will have something cold to trade.
Phil
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2007, 10:23:40 am »

Hi Nopanic,
              Your mission should you accept it Roll Eyes Pick up a few cans/bottles of Old Thumper for me I would love to try it. I will have something cold to trade.
Phil

Consider it done........ Tongue

« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 12:56:08 pm by nopanic » Logged

chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2007, 02:34:50 pm »

^ I could certainly be mistaken, but I don't think that's there anymore.  I started flying in and out of Orlando in 2004 and don't remember seeing it.  If there's anything that would snap me out of my usual haze, that'd be it.  Grin

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: