Club Arnage
June 17, 2024, 02:36:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FIA GTs & GT 90s Revival - Silverstone 4-6 May 07  (Read 13282 times)
rcutler
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2007, 10:03:36 pm »

They are dropping like flies.

I spoke to Whittlebury today and their is no booking, it is just turn up and pay on the day (£25 for the Saturday night - car + tent/caravan).

Al is coming with me, so the liver will surely be punished.

I have to play in the Hertfordshire bowls trial on the Saturday morn but it is just a quick blast up the M1 to Sillystone so should be their by 12.30 and sling the tent up before racing down to the track.

Will bring the beers.

Not sure if we will be on Whittlebury now as they said the campsite will have the gate closed at Sunset! We need to be able to get on at about 11. maybe just after. Jay I will let you know whereever we are.
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2007, 10:11:54 pm »

Good stuff. Send me a text on Saturday morning and let me know where you end up camping. Are you bringing the van?
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 09:22:29 am »

OK, time to bounce this back up.

KK and I will be on the officials campsite (assuming we can get in as I currently have no pass!).   After emptying the garage we have finally managed to find the flag bag so will have our Club Arnage flag flying high (ish - really need a new flag pole!). 

Not sure when we'll be there, we were going to have to leave Bristol at 7.30pm so after 9.30pm to Silverstone but KK is trying to clear some time to go this afternoon and I'll drive up separately tonight.

Rick, see you guys sometime much later tonight. 
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 12:01:18 pm »

OK, time to bounce this back up.

KK and I will be on the officials campsite (assuming we can get in as I currently have no pass!).   After emptying the garage we have finally managed to find the flag bag so will have our Club Arnage flag flying high (ish - really need a new flag pole!). 

http://www.skyblueleisure.co.uk/acatalog/Telescopic_Poles.html We use these, you could see one of them in effect in Brands last weekend. Only thing they don't survive for some reason are Floridian microbursts. On the other hand, that microburst also turned over the Turn 10 scaffold....

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2007, 12:21:12 pm »

Ahh yes, I think I've bought from them before.

Need to get a new one ordered - the longer one of mine got sabataged at the GP a year or two ago and we had to remove the bottom section so it's not very big. 

Cheers for the link, must get round to sorting it out.  Grin
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2007, 01:34:29 pm »

Ahh yes, I think I've bought from them before.

Need to get a new one ordered - the longer one of mine got sabataged at the GP a year or two ago and we had to remove the bottom section so it's not very big. 

Cheers for the link, must get round to sorting it out.  Grin

Havn't looked recently, but when I got mine a couple of years ago, they were a couple of quid cheaper in their eb*y site than from their website (I think the postage was less!!).  Same outfit, same product.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2007, 03:52:10 pm »

Cheers Del, I'll have a look.  I've also bought from Dunstable Kites before and they were pretty good.

Anyway - an update - for Rick - KK has gone on up to Silverstone today, he managed to move his lessons for today so is up there, pitched and trackside from the sound of the cars!  I'll go up later once I escape from here.

He's picked up his passes, plus one for me and a car pass.  Apparently there has been a problem getting tickets and car passes sent out so security may not be surprised that passes may not have arrived with you.  Certainly there is a note on the Marshals forum saying that in many cases tickets haven't been sent and if they have then car passes weren't enclosed. 

Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2007, 07:23:31 pm »

I need to pick my tickets up from car park 49 (wherever that is).
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2007, 07:55:23 pm »

I need to pick my tickets up from car park 49 (wherever that is).

God knows!   Last year they had advanced orders of spectator tickets in the cabin the the left of the entrance as you go into the main entrance.  So you headed into the main entrance and security would turn you left at the small roundabout into the carpark where you could park and collect your tickets.

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2007, 11:57:08 am »

I see this morning that there won't be any Jags or Moggies as they failed to homologate in time.  That's a shame. Sad

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2007, 06:11:44 pm »

Now I see that the Ford GT has qualified fastest in GT3.  That will be a site to see for those guys.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
championaudi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2007, 07:43:10 pm »

Havent really been a fan of the new one BUT ............... but i cud change my mind?Huh?

* ford gt.JPG (109.68 KB, 640x480 - viewed 196 times.)
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2007, 07:58:23 pm »

I just got back and what a superb weekend. I thought the FIA GT race was quality, and the FIA GT3 race this afternoon had one of the most exciting finishes ever.

Thanks to Rick, Piglet and Keith for their hospitality, the Chilli was most appreciated. I hope the Saab made it back ok on the relay lorry.

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2007, 09:26:31 pm »

As Jay says the FIA GT and GT3 race were excellent but what a disapointment the GT90s field was. No maccas only one F40. Nice to see the Exige GT1 again even if it did only last 3 laps.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2007, 10:25:20 pm »

Cheers Jay - hope your mate didn't have too much of a sore head this morning!  Grin

We made it back an hour or so ago - with the Saab and the trailer on the breakdown truck.  Still not too sure what's wrong with it, I'm living in hope that it's an imobiliser problem that can be reset not something expensive! 

We've left Rick and Yvonne up there, Yvonne flies back tomorrow afternoon I think.

It was bloody cold Friday night - I had to go to Tesco to buy another duvet (£8.50 for a Tesco Value duvet - bargain!) on Saturday which was when I discovered that Sven wouldn't start.  I blame Keith, he drove Sven up there on Friday! 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: