Club Arnage
June 17, 2024, 02:56:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FIA GTs & GT 90s Revival - Silverstone 4-6 May 07  (Read 13283 times)
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2007, 11:07:53 pm »

We both had pretty sore heads this morning.  Grin

Ended up in the paddock bar at the campsite and wound up drinking there till closing time.

Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2007, 09:19:00 am »

From the races I saw on the Sunday, I thought the GT3 was more interesting than the GT1 / GT2. The GT3 cars / drivers seemed more evenly matched which made for some closer battles.

There seemed to be a big difference in driving ability in the GT1 class, which surprised me considering this is top level Eur GT racing.

The GT90s were dissapointing......as I had feared. But it was good to briefly see the ex-1997 Le Mans Elise GT1 car agian. Speaking with one of the mechanics on Sunday morning was interesting.

The car is currently for sale, as the owner has another ex-FIA GT series Elise GT1 (the white Thia Air sponsored one, I beleive). The car used on Saturday / Sunday had not turned a wheel in anger since Le Mans 1997. About 2 months ago they gave it a long overdue 'service' to check things over before the race.

During practise they put a set of leftover tyres from Le Mans 1997 on the car......which were past their best.....resulting in wheel spins in top gear down the straights.

The car is currently putting out approx 640bhp, and eighs in at just over 900kg.

I see one of the Ferrari had a 'for sale' banner across its windshield also. Maybe this series is just as an opportunity for the owners to parade their cars to help get a sale.......

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
keithk
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2007, 12:17:27 pm »

Just a few snaps from Sunday

http://www.gtphotosport.com/fiasil2007/index.html

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: