Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 10:18:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrical Sockets in Houx Campsite  (Read 7778 times)
Alan C

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2007, 09:20:11 pm »

Can anybody tell me what type of electrical sockets are in Houx campsite? Are they the normal European 2 pin type or some special campsite socket?

I haven't stayed in Houx since 1994 and there was no power then!

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 09:28:26 pm »

I've read somewhere that they use French sockets (3 pins afaik), so UK adapters are required

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 09:29:43 pm »

Hello Alan C, the sockets are of the two pin variety, on a block of between 4 and 8 sockets.

I have used Houx many times recently, and take the following kit.

As you can see in the above piccie, the orange lead is the cable with the standard exterior round sockets (one male, one female). You then need a two pin plug with female round socket as seen towards the top of the picture. This is what plugs into the hook-up. And we then use a male round socket to standard UK three pin plug socket into which we plug an RCD. These can be seen at the bottom of the pic. We then plug 4-way extension leads into this.

Please note, that because it is outdoors, I would strongly suggest that you buy a proper extension lead from either a camping outlet or a boating chandlers, for the sake of a bit of safety it is worth the extra cost. You will also need the right kind of adaptor. We then add the gardening type trip breakers at the tent end before plugging in the UK 4-way gang-sockets.

Hope that helps.
Alan C

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 09:34:38 pm »

Thanks for the prompt responses - looks like we will have cold beer this year for a change!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 10:00:41 pm »

I understand it's also worth adding duct tape and multi way adapters to your kit as there are not enough plugs into the stantions for everyone to connect.  The duct tape is to tape your plug into the connection so that you don't find you've been unplugged by someone else!
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 10:34:27 pm »

Hello Alan C, the sockets are of the two pin variety, on a block of between 4 and 8 sockets.

I have used Houx many times recently, and take the following kit.

As you can see in the above piccie, the orange lead is the cable with the standard exterior round sockets (one male, one female). You then need a two pin plug with female round socket as seen towards the top of the picture. This is what plugs into the hook-up. And we then use a male round socket to standard UK three pin plug socket into which we plug an RCD. These can be seen at the bottom of the pic. We then plug 4-way extension leads into this.

Please note, that because it is outdoors, I would strongly suggest that you buy a proper extension lead from either a camping outlet or a boating chandlers, for the sake of a bit of safety it is worth the extra cost. You will also need the right kind of adaptor. We then add the gardening type trip breakers at the tent end before plugging in the UK 4-way gang-sockets.

Hope that helps.

try www.screw.co.uk fix, they have fair prices.

DO make sure at your end you use a RCD, which are cheap
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 10:37:17 pm by nopanic » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 11:46:48 pm »

This okay ?

Steve East Anglian cobras

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 02:20:57 pm »

This okay ?

That looks like familiar.  Is it from the "see how many fridges you can plug into one socket competition" held in MB last year

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
bgeorge104
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 05:16:24 pm »

This is not about electric on Houx. Does anyone have a map of pitch number, as I have lost mine?
pbc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 07:52:24 pm »

try this for a map http://www.tvr-car-club.co.uk/images/events/lemans_2005/houx_camp_map.jpg
bgeorge104
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 08:23:09 am »

Thank you, but unfortunately our ticket numbers are 1140's.

Not too worried about pitch, as in 2005 we got moved as we had a caravan and they put us in the tree's by the bar.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 10:05:03 am »

This is a bit vauge and may not help much but when we were on Houx in 2004 I think we had 1205 or something similar and this was in the field nearest to the circuit.  So if you walked through the circuit, into the campsite, past the bogs, 1205 was in one of the rows on your right.  I'd guess 1140 is in a similar location on either the left or the right of the road through the site.  The rows to the right are quite short but do have a fair proportion of trees....
bgeorge104
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 12:20:03 pm »

Thank you Piglet.

We have two pitches, but have a long caravan. In 2005 we got moved because we were opposite the sink area near the bar.
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 06:41:22 pm »

That TVR club map is out of date and IS WRONG. It was incorrect last year as well. I am trying to get a new map at the moment, will post when I know more.
bgeorge104
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 09:02:57 pm »

Mr Invisiable

That would be brilliant. We was right next to the power last year. Will never get that lucky again. :0(
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: