Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 08:05:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's om your barbie?  (Read 7981 times)
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2007, 12:22:22 pm »

This year Le Chef de Cuisine pour Les Tres Hombres (that'll be me then!) will be offering the following fare to the team:
Beouff de Bentley
Thinly sliced beef, seared over hot coals and served in a fresh baguette with fried onions, moutard Francais or sauce tomate.
Kebabs d'Arnage
Kebabs of chicken and lamb with onions, peppers and mushrooms blathered in a fearsome chilli marinade.
Roast Loin d'Indianapolis
Full loin of pork, stuffed with apricots and prunes then rolled before being marinated in a paprika and garlic spread. Cooked over the barbecue and served with Salade d'Aston.

All dishes will be served with a selection of accompaniments including Meditteranean couscous, fried rice of ratatouille.

Members can also choose from a selection of wines, champagnes and beers carefully chosen by our resident somellier Mike Morley and entertainment will be provided by our own resident guitar hero and rock axe god, Pete Horne. (Well, he might just play a few CD's!)

Smoking is allowed in our dining room.
Service is included.

I tested negative for patience.
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 01:07:16 pm »

Is one taking bookings, what is the dress code?. Grin

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 01:14:26 pm »

Table for 1 please, not too near the kitchen or toilet doors!

Grin
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 01:21:33 pm »

Is one taking bookings, what is the dress code?. Grin

Apply in person at the blue gazebo with CA flag from Thursday lunchtime. Those saving us a space for a gazebo, four tents and three cars will get a complimentary meal for two!

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 01:23:10 pm »

Grin

Fran
Early or late evening sitting? You may have to squeeze into one of our exclusive banquettes and might have to share with Jeremy Clarkson and Kate Moss. Is this OK with you?

Steve

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 01:32:40 pm »

Grin

Fran
Early or late evening sitting? You may have to squeeze into one of our exclusive banquettes and might have to share with Jeremy Clarkson and Kate Moss. Is this OK with you?

Steve

Oh late sitting for me - I cant be doing with getting rushed out of the banquette! 

Dont mind sharing with Kate Moss - it will mean I get a second helping of everything but the lettuce leaf! 

JC will be ok too, so long as you are enforcing the no smoking rule (with the exception of the bbq area of course where smoking is mandatory) - we can discuss the relative merits of various shopping trollies - I believe it is his area of expertise...... 

Wink
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 02:09:04 pm »

I'll take a table for one, and not too near the band.

Will one be expected to tip, and can one bring one's own bottle of Jameson's/Bushmills?
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 02:11:30 pm »

Will one be expected to tip

Dont go giving them ideas Pilgrim!!!  Shocked

F
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 02:16:30 pm »

More importantly, will there be some saucy 'Allo 'Allo style waitresses?
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 02:45:21 pm »

Will one be expected to tip, and can one bring one's own bottle of Jameson's/Bushmills?

Pilgrim
Are you kidding? You can bring whatever type of whiskey you bloody like mate!
Fran - please don't try to talk him out of it - it's important that out guests feel that they can relax in the ambient surroundings of our al freaso dining experience and if the want to bring their own booze, then that's completely fine by us!
I might have to start thinking about recruiting some waitresses though Pilgrim, I must admit that I hadn't thought of that!
At a real stretch we could have Rod dressed in a little black skirt with white pinnafore. How does that suit you?

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 03:04:04 pm »

Dont panic your lordship!!! It was only the tipping I was trying to put a stop to, obviously anything that can be done to prevent dehydration needs to be embraced at Le Mans no matter where one is dining!

Not sure about dressing up this "Rod" character, tho I suppose as long as the chef has a little something on under his pinafore I can live with it.

F
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 03:56:12 pm »

Pilgrim
Are you kidding? You can bring whatever type of whiskey you bloody like mate!
Fran - please don't try to talk him out of it - it's important that out guests feel that they can relax in the ambient surroundings of our al freaso dining experience and if the want to bring their own booze, then that's completely fine by us!
I might have to start thinking about recruiting some waitresses though Pilgrim, I must admit that I hadn't thought of that!
At a real stretch we could have Rod dressed in a little black skirt with white pinnafore. How does that suit you?

We'll definitely need waitresses.

The Hawaiian Tropic girls are great trackside viewing, but I feel that guests should be able to enjoy the full French dining experience and a couple of pretty ladies dressed in the 'Allo 'Allo style would be an essential part of this.

Think of Angelina Jolie in a French maid's outfit and you're there.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 04:24:13 pm »

Definately no pork for this Barbie

* taliban_barbie.jpg (37.61 KB, 377x700 - viewed 276 times.)

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Lee Self
CA Veteran

Almost time for Sebring...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 04:13:03 am »

Well...

At last weekend's Cinco de Mayo Fiesta, last Saturday and sunday we had Grilled Grouper, Chicken Breasts, Porkloins, Shrimps in garlic and Olive Oil, and that's just the Barbie. Inside we had encheladas, gobs of chips, fresh pica de Gallo, pork rinds, spicy peanuts with chili and Lime... oh and did I mention the bar? cases of Pacifico beer, cases of Corona, a dozen bottles of margarits mix (like Sandy uses, with the Jose Quervo right in the mix) lots of Tequila, sangria (white and red)   ... and for desert M&M's and cookies.

T10 was well represented.

You guys have a great time at Le Mans for me. I'm with you in spirit all the way.

oh, almost forgot the best part. Do you know what is celebrated on Cinco de Mayo? The defeat of 5,000 French troops at the hands of 3,500 lightly armed mexican farmers in the Town of Pueble, Mexico in 1862.  So I say Hooray to the Mexicans for their gallant military victory. Here's how they did it. The Mexicans had a corp of calvary, as did the French. The Mexican calvery drew the French off of the line into the dry surrounding desert and destroyed them. Back at the battle, the mexican farmers stampeded their herds of cattle trough the French infantry's lines. The french broke off in defeat after 4 hours. so again, Brovo to our Mexican brothers to the south.

-Lee
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 01:31:56 pm by Lee Self » Logged
JonFATBOYwarner
CA Veteran

I'm not fat just big boned.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 10:37:45 am »

I should imagine that the only thing that will be on the T>W>A>T>S barbie will be be Ken if she's lucky.

See you soon
Fatboy

For those of hard hearing.  LISTEN
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: