Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 02:33:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FUNDRAISING IDEAS  (Read 82470 times)
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2007, 11:14:26 am »

I can see the headlines now

"Sad day as Club Arnage closes its doors."

A spokesman was unable to confirm rumours that (insert appointed name here) accidentally spent all of the funds at the poo bar! Although one onlooker at the saturday night festivities did comment "The CAers did seem to be in higher spirits than usual, in fact, most of them were actually drinking champagne this year instead of the usual cheap crap!!!!!!!!"

< Note - This is a new topic formed from earlier threads split out and moved from the original 'Fundraising Commitee' thread - Steve >
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 10:53:52 pm by Steve Brown » Logged

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 11:28:43 am »

There's no truth in the rumour that I'm just trying to hit 2000 posts today. Wink

Rob, that's so right.  These are the kinds of problems which a committee would have to address.  I have the hab-dabs just carrying plastic and cash around with me and kipping in my tent wondering who's doing what, without loads of somebody else's money to take care off after my 3rd bottle of 'poo.  We'd definately need an AA (and I don't mean Automobile Association) member to look after wads of cash.  It's a heck of a responsibility and could ruin somebody's race if anything got nicked.

Grin From the drinking exploits I've witnessed…….I think AA representation might not be a bad idea for some CA members.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 11:38:16 am »

In the Dire Straights thread I suggested that we took Hindy up on his offer of maybe letting a member be interviewed on air.  Personally, I think this would be great for us.  Whatever we do in the future, the more members we have the better so getting the word out is the key thing (my marketing background is showing!)  If I e-mailed Hindy and offered to send somebody along to see them during the race or the preliminaries - would anybody like to do it?

Whilst its a good idea I think it needs careful consideration, and the person that goes needs to know what to say.  The site belongs to GF and I think he needs an input into what is said about it, and the fundraising which s done.  On that basis I think it is essential he is on the committee, because at the end of the day the site is his toy!  If he disagrees with the committee it is up to the committee to either persuade him otherwise, or adjust plans to find common ground.

If someone is going to go on to RLM then I think they need to know what they are going to say.  I think possibly what is needed is a more basic meeting with Hindy to look at the issues in more detail.  After all RLM also struggles for funding and at the end of the day both organisations are trying to do the same thing, which is to bring a great race to the english speaking world.  It might be that there can be greater links, and better understanding of the issues facing both, and potential solutions.  So could the forum be linked from the RLM website?  Could forum members come up with some pre-recorded content for the radio station?  etc

Collecting money at the race would have to be done at some secure location.  Hindy had offered to sell Club Arnage t-shirts and again maybe that is something for consideration, probably more for next year though.  Collecting cash though is more difficult, and has greated responsibility.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 12:08:59 pm »

I think an RLM interview would be a great idea but it has to be the right person. I would suggest a high profile member (rules out about 95%), someone with unrivalled Le Mans knowledge (rules out me) and someone who we can rely on to be enthusiastic (rules out Andy Z  Grin ).

We won't do ourselves any favours by sending someone along who moans about everything.

Actually Dave Davies would seem like the best option, being that it's his site, although he might not want to get that involved.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 12:10:33 pm by robspot » Logged

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 12:16:45 pm »

Actually Dave Davies would seem like the best option, being that it's his site, although he might not want to get that involved.

I would agree, but it's also about the busiest week of his year...  Smiley

And a forum regular would be good. I'm afraid I become completely tongue tied in front of a mike - see last year's Sebring vid  Roll Eyes
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 12:48:44 pm »

I would agree, but it's also about the busiest week of his year...  Smiley

And a forum regular would be good. I'm afraid I become completely tongue tied in front of a mike - see last year's Sebring vid  Roll Eyes
The person who sprang to mind when I was thinking about this has posted just above you. Wink

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 12:53:40 pm »

Ohhh, motormouth himself.  Grin Grin Grin

Gets my vote...
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 12:56:29 pm »

In all the time I've known him I've never actually heard him talk about motorsport!

He has got the perfect face for radio though and he's certainly not backward about coming forward  Grin

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 12:57:24 pm »

To address Chrisga's point.  I was thinking more along the lines of getting the CA name out and what we're about - getting the web address on air etc.  I think if we go in guns blazing asking for money this could be fatal.  We can leave that to the fundraising committee to address that later - but swelling our membership numbers on here has to be key - more members, more money from whatever ventures are agreed upon in the future.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 12:58:16 pm »

Gets my vote...

Isn't it time you left for Aberdeen??  Wink
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 01:00:39 pm »

Gets my vote...

Isn't it time you left for Aberdeen??  Wink

I was going to say, this limited web access seems pretty unlimited at the moment

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 01:05:55 pm »

In all the time I've known him I've never actually heard him talk about motorsport!

He has got the perfect face for radio though and he's certainly not backward about coming forward  Grin

Maybe you should do it Rob??

Oh I fogot, you can't can you, you're not allowed to go this year!!  Grin Cool

On a slightly serious note though, I would be more than happy to help in any way. I managed to hunt Hindy down with Amazing Randy at Sebring to get us all a mention, but Le Mans would need to be something pre-arranged as security is a lot tighter.

Whilst getting them to the DfH party on Friday night might seem a good idea, I think it would need to be something that is recorded and then broadcast on Saturday or Sunday as that is when the majority of listeners will be tuned in. Also, a live broadcast might advertise the party a little too much which could (a) attract a load of gatecrashers, and (b) Upset the ACO.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 01:10:27 pm »

Best record it before you go then, you're f*ck all use once you get there  Grin Grin

Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 02:49:14 pm »

I was thinking more along the lines of getting the CA name out and what we're about - getting the web address on air etc.  I think if we go in guns blazing asking for money this could be fatal.  We can leave that to the fundraising committee to address that later - but swelling our membership numbers on here has to be key - more members, more money from whatever ventures are agreed upon in the future.

I did rather assume that one wasn't going to be asking for money on-air, but I think the problem is explaining to the audience why they need to go to this site in the first place.  Those listening at the circuit will hear the site name, and then forget it about 60 seconds later.  Those listening on the internet may access the site, but will then find its all quiet as most of us are at the race!

Promotion on-air needs to be supported by promotion in the campsites, so people hear the plug on the radio see people wearing TShirts, Polo Shirts and see the flags flying too.

I think that if the immediate problem is solved there needs to be a long term approach, as I say possibly in association with RLM.  Rather than emailing the studio perhaps those watching online could be encouraged to post here, or maybe the site could be made easy to use with a mobile (if it isn't already - haven't tried) so regulars could access it from the race?  Combinened merchandise?  Who knows!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 02:59:25 pm »

I think an RLM interview would be a great idea but it has to be the right person. I would suggest a high profile member (rules out about 95%), someone with unrivalled Le Mans knowledge (rules out me) and someone who we can rely on to be enthusiastic (rules out Andy Z  Grin ).

We won't do ourselves any favours by sending someone along who moans about everything.

I'm not unenthusiastic, I just can't get worked up about the race these days...  Wink

I think Hindy is intending to cover the arrival of BigH on a bike, he seemed quite keen on the idea when JPC and I spoke to him at Orlando Airport in March. It's another chance for a CA mention on air I guess, but the focus should really be on H's journey and the Save The Kindey Fund.

Begging for money on air for a fan's internet website is just not the done thing. It needs to be a two way deal. Some subliminal advertising of polo shirts, lanyards etc would work with the right gear. The guys behind the N138 Teeshirt Co seem to be doing ok don't they?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: