Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 11:51:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FUNDRAISING IDEAS  (Read 82890 times)
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2007, 09:05:41 am »

I have not been a masive poster but generally look at the site most days.

I am happy to offer to produce business cards and i will post them out to where ever they need to be.

if someone does the design to a size of 85mm x 55mm

as to quantity i can easily say that 500 would be no problem if we need more i may need to get more card

turn around would be about a week.

Let me know if this will help

ANdy

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2007, 09:43:26 am »

As a lurker on these forums I offer the following (hopefully constructive) observations:

1) There is a core of folks who know each other and each others business affiliations. In particular the GF role is an issue in this thread  - a somewhat mythical figure from where I sit (yes I did see his post in the original dire straits thread, and 140'ish post count). But until there is some clear delegation to a committee (as per mgmarks post on first page) things are speculative. (Fortunately not rudderless - the amount of energy & goodwill on this site restores a lot of faith, and self evidently it is coupled with tons of wisdom & experience.)

2) For 3 years I have wondered how to be a card carrying or flag waving member. Obviously not the centre of any gatherings to date but am about to start 'outing' myself with a lanyard! The point of this: on the business card theme my thoughts would be a A4 size (colour) print of the logo that those of us with enough glass in our vehicles stick in a window. If someone with access to the artwork could make a version available would be handy - something like the postcard size version at the end of Ch22 of the (draft) guide. An agreed place/size/format to add our nicks would be useful, together with adding the URL to attract new members.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2007, 09:57:52 am »

I may be missing the point somewhere along the line, but what are we trying to promote?

Club Arnage is a fourm, and has little news or feature content so why would people want to support it unless they are already in the fold.

I think the best means of long term funding has to be branded items like the polos and ticket holders plus donations to download the guide. Rattling tins to try and get people to donate I fear may not generate much.

Another thought, I know and understand GF's relutance to use sponsorship on the Web site, but maybe the CA guide could have some support from outside companies, along the lines of the old Michlien guide that used to be sold a few years ago.

'Club Arnage guide brought to you with the support of Playstation' kind of thing.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2007, 10:00:22 am »

my thoughts would be a A4 size (colour) print of the logo that those of us with enough glass in our vehicles stick in a window. If someone with access to the artwork could make a version available would be handy - something like the postcard size version at the end of Ch22 of the (draft) guide. An agreed place/size/format to add our nicks would be useful, together with adding the URL to attract new members.

Y'see you lurkers should speak up more often  Grin

Posters in cars is a really good idea...and avoids litter. 
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2007, 10:00:43 am »

I think that the flyer and or business card idea is a really good one.  However, if we're going to do it then we need to get a method in place for how this will be agreed! So, can we have some more volunteers (if there are any) for the committee and its gang of helpers?  The priority is to get this in place and up and running if any of this stuff is to get off the ground.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2007, 10:04:23 am »

You're getting into very dangerous territory there as the guide contains a lot of official ACO info and there's no way they would let us sell advertising on the back of their event without them being involved in it.

As for what are we trying to promote, we have many good ideas about raising money to run the site, mainly from merchandising, and surely the more people that know about the site the more sales we are likely to achieve.

It's only a web forum at the moment but if we raise enough money then maybe the front end of the site can be developed more.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2007, 10:06:41 am »

A quick knock-up of a business card could be something like this. Obviously I have only used the logo off the site header and the resolution isn't good, but that also raises the question of who has the original art work and can we use it.

* CA Business Card Back.jpg (33.13 KB, 240x155 - viewed 430 times.)

* CA Business Card Front.jpg (35.86 KB, 240x155 - viewed 374 times.)

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2007, 10:14:52 am »

I'd change it to 9pm on Saturday -maybe "during the race" or "of race weekend" so they're usable year on year.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2007, 10:20:52 am »

Artwork shouldn't be a problem. GF has copies, and I think Paddy "re-did" the logo for the t-shirts and stickers so shouldn't be a problem.

I like the business cards as I've often been asked "What is this Club Arnage that I keep seeing everywhere"

I also like the idea of a printable, A4 or A3 sticker/poster that we can add own own screen name to to put in the car so we can recognise people on the way to and from the event.

I think we need to get the ball rolling as far as sorting a committee is concerned so that these things can be put into practice, a way of funding them can be arranged and the volunteers can be allocated specific tasks. We've got less than four weeks now until some people head for the circuit so we haven't got long!
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2007, 10:24:21 am »

Hi All,

I have created new business cards for this year.  They show the same pic as the t-shirts (in blue), have the web address at the bottom, and say "See you at the Poo Bar 9pm Sat 16 2007".  Perhaps someone who was at he Wokingham meet upload a copy?  I would if I had the right tools for the job.

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2007, 10:47:43 am »

Artwork shouldn't be a problem. GF has copies, and I think Paddy "re-did" the logo for the t-shirts and stickers so shouldn't be a problem.

Small correction. GF told me last year that DJet had the original logo, but DJet never responded to my emails. That's why I had to redo the artwork (for the flags), and as a result I have it in vectors now.

Smiley

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2007, 10:49:59 am »

Club Awareness -

Remember – KISS -  Keep it simple S*****

The idea of printing as a flyer was to keep cost down, speed and simple

No posting, very little organisation.

All we have to do is design an A4 sheet of paper, which you can cut in ½ and 2 x A5 flyers

Each can print as little or as many as they want

Fold it put in your back pocket and hand out to people who comment about your great CA t-shirt.

My normal conversations, happen on the ferry, supermarket or at the bar.

Simple again.

I do like business cards, but not as quick and simple (this time) – Time is a big factor

Poster for car -  Great idea, (can be home printed)

I even like the web address in the back window of BobU disco  (see below)
I’d pay for one of these and put in my motor,
even the CA logo would look good

But time may be a problem

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2007, 01:17:26 pm »

You're getting into very dangerous territory there as the guide contains a lot of official ACO info and there's no way they would let us sell advertising on the back of their event without them being involved in it.

As for what are we trying to promote, we have many good ideas about raising money to run the site, mainly from merchandising, and surely the more people that know about the site the more sales we are likely to achieve.

It's only a web forum at the moment but if we raise enough money then maybe the front end of the site can be developed more.

I see the logic now!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2007, 02:32:54 pm »

How about splitting some of this off into an "ideas" thread?  There are some great ideas around but given the timescale I'd imagine many of them are difficult to implement with the correct amount of consideration etc. but will be worth the committee having sight of at a later date. 

Posters are perhaps a go'er for this year and maybe buisness cards but a very valid question for the committee and for GF is "what do we want to achieve" - do we just want to pay the sites way or to take over the world.  We really are pissing in the wind until this is resolved. 

I've said it before but it does warrant saying again - the ACO are very twitchy and any marketing ideas need to be considered carefully to avoid getting on the wrong side of them. 
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2007, 05:11:13 pm »

How about splitting some of this off into an "ideas" thread?  There are some great ideas around but given the timescale I'd imagine many of them are difficult to implement with the correct amount of consideration etc. but will be worth the committee having sight of at a later date. 

I've said it before but it does warrant saying again - the ACO are very twitchy and any marketing ideas need to be considered carefully to avoid getting on the wrong side of them. 

I agree, we have to very careful about the use of any image or branding etc regarding Le Mans. ISTR an entire book run was pulped because the required permission was not sought.

However if the permission is gained and the ACO understand that it is not for commercial profit and do not demand a cut, then we would be in a very strong position sales wise.

A seperate thread would also be a good idea otherwise some of the better ideas may get lost.

H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: