Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 02:06:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FUNDRAISING IDEAS  (Read 82865 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2007, 02:35:11 pm »

A grand idea - not an expert, but if we are to use personal photos taken by individuals, presumably copyright isn't so much of an issue, provided that the photo(s) is credited to them, together with a statement on the calendar somewhere that unauthorised reproduction is not permiited without the permission of the owner, and providing a contact address if people wish to seek such permission?

MG Mark

The issue (and it's a bit of a non-issue IMO) relates to photos taken within circuits - the entry ticket says that as a punter you agree to take pics for your own personal use and not for commercial use.

Arguably using them for a calender that is being sold is not personal use and as such you would require the consent of the rights holder (usually the circuit owner - possible even the sponsors who's logos are on the cars!). 

However, mainly circuits and rights holders are not that bothered as long as someone is not making vast amounts of money out of them and they are not shown in a negative context.

I think it's a great idea, one for the committee to consider, it would perhaps require a close date of say 15th October to give time for judging and then going to print in time for them to be ready as Christmas prezzies. 

Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2007, 03:47:10 pm »

Hi,

I think it's a great idea.

Regarding subject matter, it should not necessarally be just cars.  It should create the experienced atmosphere that we experience every year. So if that the CAer's on the Fiday gig, the same goes for the Poo Bar or even campsite scenes. Obviously the cars as well where appropriate.

The 'photos I have seen taken during darkness are generall awesome and do convey atmosphere.

Does anyone have any views?

Jeery

PS, I just can't wait much longer for me to be there.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2007, 03:50:07 pm »

I have press passes and so my photos I can do as I like with. If there are any the club want for a calendar they are more than welcome. Most of mine are taken either at the start of the parade or from the inside of Indianapolis, Mulsanne or on the Mulsanne straight.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2007, 03:57:04 pm »

Hi,

I think it's a great idea.

Regarding subject matter, it should not necessarally be just cars.  It should create the experienced atmosphere that we experience every year. So if that the CAer's on the Fiday gig, the same goes for the Poo Bar or even campsite scenes. Obviously the cars as well where appropriate.

The 'photos I have seen taken during darkness are generall awesome and do convey atmosphere.

Does anyone have any views?

Jeery

PS, I just can't wait much longer for me to be there.

Maybe we could try a calendar with a small insert like this. The larger photo could be of the cars and the insert could be used to show the atmosphere such as DfH party, campsites, podium etc.

* 2006%20Printable%20calendars.jpg (26.14 KB, 368x498 - viewed 369 times.)

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2007, 04:16:37 pm »

Well, CA's personal to me!!  I think a competition is a great idea myself.  And - with all due respect to KK - would be nicer if it was a place for amateurs to strut their stuff, rather than professionals. For the lads, how about a 12 *rs*s of LM callendar? Wink
I can be misunderstanding, but Anita mentioned KK as a juror, not a contester. Or do you mean by strutting the stuff we all judge the taken photo's?
No, I understood her pefectly well!  I was agreeing that it would be better to keep professional pics out of a calendar.  I think KK as a judge is a great idea.  Whether the Big Cheese would have the time, I don't know...

Nick, I think this is precisely the kind of thing the Fundraising Committee would look into - the logistics and costs of following up all the ideas.  Back in the days when I did this sort of thing for a living, that's the nightmare with callendars - they have a very short shelf-life and can be a loser if you're not careful.  Still could be fun though!
See, I misunderstood your post. Wink Foreign language and all you know. Wink

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2007, 04:27:26 pm »

I have press passes and so my photos I can do as I like with. If there are any the club want for a calendar they are more than welcome. Most of mine are taken either at the start of the parade or from the inside of Indianapolis, Mulsanne or on the Mulsanne straight.

I think following the letter of the detail - your photo's are yours to do as you wish for within normal media and NOT for commercial use (i.e. advertising, commercial works etc.), you would require additional consent for these purposes - as I say above, in reality unless there is bad publicity or masses of money around it's hugely problematic but it's enough for most of the pro's to be twitchy about. 

I also agree with whoever said that a calender should include atmosphere shots, IMO it should also cover different tracks and events - it would be nice to have some mix and match rather than 12 (or 24) pics of cars on the track at Le Mans. 

By the way Lynx....you're banned from the competiton anyway - no pro's! 
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2007, 04:29:29 pm »

Well, CA's personal to me!!  I think a competition is a great idea myself.  And - with all due respect to KK - would be nicer if it was a place for amateurs to strut their stuff, rather than professionals. For the lads, how about a 12 *rs*s of LM callendar? Wink
I can be misunderstanding, but Anita mentioned KK as a juror, not a contester. Or do you mean by strutting the stuff we all judge the taken photo's?
No, I understood her pefectly well!  I was agreeing that it would be better to keep professional pics out of a calendar.  I think KK as a judge is a great idea.  Whether the Big Cheese would have the time, I don't know...

Nick, I think this is precisely the kind of thing the Fundraising Committee would look into - the logistics and costs of following up all the ideas.  Back in the days when I did this sort of thing for a living, that's the nightmare with callendars - they have a very short shelf-life and can be a loser if you're not careful.  Still could be fun though!
See, I misunderstood your post. Wink Foreign language and all you know. Wink
I probably didn't put it too well.  I get the lingo thing alright.  I bumped into somebody back in England and said "pardon" to them without thinking and said "merci" to somebody in a shop. Aaagh!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2007, 02:10:52 pm »

1) It would be great if the cover were the "alternative" LM official poster - but I suspect copyright probs

2) Maybe we could put some reminders against dates e.g. Jan 1 start packing, June 20th remember to order next year's tickets

3) I guess our "calendar" of racing events is a) published too late to include and b) copyright - otherwise would be good to include that
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2007, 02:22:08 pm »

Yes, it was a struggle to get outline dates for series in December, let alone in time to print a calendar.  But certainly we know the Classic date already, if nothing else.  My mind's wandering now (as ever) but I wonder if there's a way of adapting the existing calendar to include a pic each month which could be downloaded and printed off?  On top of the spiffing idea of having a nice printed one of course.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2007, 03:43:53 pm »

Can't help thinking the easiest way to raise funds is for CA to become a ticket agency.
The obvious selling medium is Ebay. Work out how much tickets cost, mark them up realistically, and sell them as a "buy it now", that way we also eat into the money grabbers that operate there.

A CA bank account can be opened, payment via paypal only (will have to account for their charges!)
All members can purchase that way too, therefore people get the tickets they want and boost the CA coffers at the same time.

Bearing in mind that the ACO know about us, it shouldn't be too much trouble to sort out.

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
nickliv
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2007, 03:52:39 pm »

That's an idea Robbo, but the capital outlay would be astronomical, unless we sold tickets that had been allocated but not yet paid for.....

Maybe rather than acting as ticket agents, if we sold 20 tickets at £25 mark up, we'd earn £500 without having to get embroiled in the whole ticketing game.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2007, 04:11:51 pm »

Nice idea though it may be, reselling tickets at over-face is not something we'd want or be able to do to fund the site on a permanent basis.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2007, 04:27:11 pm »

I think the "No profiteering" rule shoukd apply to CA as a whole and not just to the members. We have all had a moan at sometime or other about the ripoff prices charged by the agencies. Some of us use MRI Ticketmaster etc every year and pay the extra. That is their choise and is one way of ensuring allocation of requested tickets. The agencies are in it to make money and pay wages, whereas we are a group of Le Mans/motor racing enthusiasts who do it for the love of it.
We only need to cover our costs and there have been some great fund raising ideas suggested without going into ticket sales.
The fund raising for charity is a seperate issue and I beleive it should be kept seperate from covering running costs

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2007, 04:35:27 pm »

Part of the big attraction of CA is its non-profit sell or swap section.  For myself, I think a "give if you'd like to" approach is far better than acting as an agency with all the investment costs and risks it could entail.  It's the way I got into this - I sold a ticket at face value and look what a great bunch of people I've got to know as a result.  I think it could be really off-putting not to say a logistical nightmare.  It's something for the committee to discuss, certainly but personally, I'm agin it.

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2007, 04:42:06 pm »

I think buying and selling tickets is a very bad idea for a number of reasons. 

We don't need to make a vast amount of money to cover our costs and we have enough ways of doing that and alternatively enough people who'll put their hands in their pockets and donate. 

I'm looking forward to a nice calendar* for next year though - get snapping boys and girls  Grin

* clearly a decision for the fundraising committee and I'm not trying to bypass them already but I will sulk if they don't go ahead with the idea! Grin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: