Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 10:20:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navette - Shuttle Bus  (Read 9721 times)
BryanC
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2007, 07:32:08 pm »

At 2pm onSunday was sufficiently knowledgeable, wet and cold to predict an Audi win so trudged out the main gate to take a navette to my car parked in the Mulsanne car park, hopefully to catch the finish and then departing to my camp site.

Sat around for 10 mins before the bus boss said '2 hours minimum to Mulsanne' to be greeted by boos and hisses. Next, a new navette pulled up and we were asked to transfer before departing via the one-way route past Expo, along the motorway to Arnage where we were greeted by the CRS who indicated Arnage was closed off and NOBODY was coming through, so back to the circuit. ( Oh how they laughed as we left - the bar stewards ! )

Sat around for another 10 mins - the race had now finished, changed into Navette no3 driven by a delightful blonde lass, almost gridlock but she retraced past Expo, along the motorway and came into the back of Arnage to find more CRS, the village was stillblocked off, but we managed to then take the back road via Monce en Belin into Mulsanne to find my car in the middle of a muddy lake but just drivable out.

What was going on in Arnage - a break out of green monkey disease or something ?

Left the car park with heater on full blast ( glad I left the Westie this year ) and managed to reach the main bar in Mulsanne to get the first glass of refreshment down while watching the race highlights on M+M widescreen.

Couldn't resist a smile at the Badgerham driver who parked his car outside ( no weather equipment / windscreen etc ) and carefully peeled his gloves off to dry over the table edge while separating wallet, euros, ciggies to make use of! A very wet chappie.

A big thanks to the Navette gang in getting through despite severe adversity and serious wet weather, although I will not leave it so late next time, and the hostelry at Mulsanne to have a beer on the table just when I needed it. ( Shades of Ice Cold in Alex here ).

Regards

Bryan C

And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 06:19:15 pm »

[/quote]( Shades of Ice Cold in Alex here ).[/quote]

Bryan, you're showing your age now!  One of my all time favourite films.

Jerry
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 06:20:58 pm by jjkt15 » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 01:57:58 pm »

( Shades of Ice Cold in Alex here ).

But presumably without the German spy or the sunshine  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: