Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 04:55:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Passed My Driving Test!!!  (Read 24983 times)
keithk
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2007, 11:48:28 am »

Some 'proper' rally cars there Keith. Always prefered the older stuff- these modern jap things although fast leave me cold. thats why I went into historic Rallying, the cars are much more entertaining!

yes "real" LVX958J was a sister car to Clarks RAC winning car LVX945J he had a BDA full works 2 litre mine was only a 1600.. The TR7 was the most powerful about 330 brake at the wheels... The 100E was fun yes those old vacum wipers stopped up hill and went twenty to the dozen down hill... my first mini didnt have self park wiper just stopped where you switched em off....
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2007, 05:24:38 pm »

Some 'proper' rally cars there Keith. Always prefered the older stuff- these modern jap things although fast leave me cold. thats why I went into historic Rallying, the cars are much more entertaining!

The 100E was fun yes those old vacum wipers stopped up hill and went twenty to the dozen down hill... my first mini didnt have self park wiper just stopped where you switched em off....

I remember them vacuum jobbies very well.

My current 1973 GT6 convertable has wipers that dont 'self park', it's anoying but novel. It also has a choke, I asked my son one day to go and start it!!!  'Whats a choke Dad?' He flooded it.

They were the days. Everything rather agricultural and basic. Any very easy to work on.
After 25yrs away, I am re-learning to be a mechanic as opposed to a 'fitter'.

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2007, 02:05:29 pm »

A 21 year old mini I paid £100 and sold five years later for the same amount.  You never forget your first set of wheels.

Well done James!

Here's my first set of rubbish wheels-

Swiftly follwed by one of these-

And you wonder why I dislike the french?  Huh Wink
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 02:07:33 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2007, 05:50:25 pm »

I knew there was a soft furry little Francophile under that Frenchie baiting exterior Zarse.   You little closet garleec muncher you!
 Top marks for presentation by the way- very nice and clean examples and a Citroen should always be photographed in (or rather on) its natural environment!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2007, 05:54:20 pm »

1967 vauxhall victor with the bench seats and 3 gear column change.. what a boat!! but for £150.00 it was cheeeeep  Wink

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2007, 08:58:02 pm »

taught and passed my test in one of these. Two solid weeks of driving in London, failed the first time and had a further week, correcting my weaknesses. Huh
Thats a cool car to pass in matey. Mattress in the back nudge nudge wink wink?

Dick Dasterdly was right
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2007, 09:08:03 pm »

My first car, VW Beetle - 6V - What a nightmare. Lights where no better than a miners candle powered lamp

Paid £20 for the car and brought an engine for £40, which I had to fit - good bit only 4 bolts holding it on.

The best bit was the battery 6V, would not start it, so use to have to bump start it. With a girlfriend once, who when we pushed it backwards to bump started -car started but the engine went up in flames,  leaking Carb, opened the boot and said "quick give us a hand !" So quick as a flash - she gave me a big round of applause  Roll Eyes  - Left me to put the engine fire out - by blowing on flames - It went out.

When your young - you have to laugh  Grin

* VW01.jpg (101.52 KB, 772x524 - viewed 393 times.)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 09:10:14 pm by nopanic » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
BryanC
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2007, 12:50:04 am »

No mattress in ours either, but in the late 60's, a few of us asked a lanscape gardener mate to take us to Nottingham Goose Fair in the back of his Moggie 1000 van PROVIDING he cleared it out of tools, plants, cuttings and the like.

When he arrived to pick us up, he proudly threw back the doors to reveal ........................a freshly laid turf lawn, carefully cut and fitted to the wall, all for our ever-lasting comfort and travelling pleasure.

And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2007, 02:41:15 pm »

I did my apprenticeship in a small bodyshop in the late 80's and one day a local builder brought in this tired old Transit for welding and paint. It was full to the back doors with junk- or to my silly young eyes it looked like junk.  I asked the gaffer what to do and he said tidy it out. Most of it was old wood. It was a cold winters day and we had old oil drums out back for burning rubbish in. So I spent a happy afternoon burning over a grand's worth of lovely Parquet flooring! He was not a happy bunny!

Dick Dasterdly was right
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2007, 08:48:44 pm »

So I spent a happy afternoon burning over a grand's worth of lovely Parquet flooring! He was not a happy bunny!

That is a classic.

Well done on the driving test.

Repoman

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2017, 07:52:56 am »

Sum180w I have just purchased about 2 weeks ago from a man over Allerton way as not been on road since 2001
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: