Club Arnage
March 19, 2024, 07:33:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DfH / CA meeting no.II; 24/25 November in Rotterdam  (Read 162583 times)
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« on: July 03, 2007, 10:18:37 pm »

Hi all,

At Le Mans this year I had quite a few requests to repeat the "November Meeting" of 2006. To be honest, I didn't think of it at all before Le Mans, so I was kinda surprised to get a few reactions about this. Pursuasion wasn't really nescesarry - after all, we all had a brilliant time last year (see this topic (click), reactions on that weekend start at the bottom of page 17) Wink

JPChenet came up with the simplicity of 2007:
• Week 12: Sebring 12 hr
• Week 24: Le Mans 24 hr
• Week 36: Silverstone LMS
• Week 48: Rotterdam Meeting
It sounds ever so logic, we might even make a shirt for the event Grin

So here we go again. Here's the invite for a weekend of fun 'n booze, November 24 to 25 as stated. We're pretty early this year, and that's got a purpose: last year quite a few of you came by airplane, and the early announcement leaves plenty of time for the Brits (and Kiwi?) to book cheap tickets. Also ferry- and chunnel crossings should be pretty cheap if booked way up ahead.

Concept stays -after consulting with fellow DfH'ers- completely the same. The majority of DfH opts for an afternoon of go-karts, an evening of ribs & steaks at a funny restaurant (yes, they DID ask us to come back!) and a night of boozing at my office, only to crash out when tired 'n drunk on the office floor with brought sleeping gear. We can probaly help a little with the latter for those who fly in, let us know what you need...

Costs

• The journey is all up to you. As said before, most flew in last year. But you can also easily use the travel as a booze cruise for Christmas, like JPC did last year. At least the time is right for it!
If you do book a flight, please try to aim for Rotterdam Airport. If you go to Schiphol Airport, catching a train is inevitable and will cost extra money (unless you'd like to do a day of Amsterdam on the Sunday, like the Zarses did last year). It could be that flying to Schiphol would be a lot cheaper, it that case you might as well aim for that. There is a train from the airport to Rotterdam roughly every half hour, and costs about €10,- for a single journey. Try and book your flight aiming for arrival in Rotterdam by Saturday noon at the latest, that way you can join in for the whole day.

As the program will be the same as last year, the prediction is really easy.
• Go karts is best driven in two heats. The first heat is more to discover the track and get used to it all again, the second one is for faster times and more intense driving. Go-karts are about €13,50 per heat, so for two heats with a few drinks you're looking at about €35,- each. We're thinking of going here (click) this time.
• After this we briefly go to my office. Ideal for those who were late to set up sleeping gear and have a little drink before going out for a meal.
• Dinner at the stake house (click). Despite what everybody thought, we were told our return this year was most welcome, and we would have a much better place in the restaurant. My guess is these people are used to a lot worse, and -even though we weren't exactly silent- we did behave enough in the end.
Last year the average bill per person was somewhere €25,- each.
• Booze-up at the office. Like last year, we get back and open the draught machines and bottles. Hopefully we will have some new DVDs by then for those interested, alternatively you can stick to music 'n booze and chat to friends Grin
It is quite common for a few people to get hungry again after a few hours, so this year we'll make sure again we'll have some food to fry for the night.
• In the morning we'll have some type of breakfast, probably some buns with something on it. And strong coffee or a coke for the thirsty people Wink

For the booze and brekkie in the office we would like to ask €12,50, which should bring the total expenses for 24 hrs of CA/DfH on €75,- each, which works out £50.00.
Please note we would like to request people not to take too many 'Special Beers', as a lot was left behind last year - unopened. Seems a shame, really. If you do plan to take beer, please contact either Knetter, Dirk3D, LangTall or myself. This way we can keep track of it, and not get too much for only one night.

Please let us know if you would like to come (again), with how many people, when you'd plan to arrive, means of transport and required sleeping gear.

Even though my office is pretty large, I do believe we should stick with a maximum of about 40 people sleeping there, maybe 45 at the very most. Last year about 20 DfH'ers stayed overnight, so I guess there should be space for a maximum of 25 CA'ers.

That's it. See you at Spa, Silverstone or Rotterdam Grin

List of contenders are:
Rick Cutler
Werner
Nopanic
PigPen + better half
JDS_UK + better half
the Brethren x4
Nobby Diesel
Bob U
Termietermite
Steve Brown
hgb
Vicky & Rowena & Vicky's sister
Fran
Team Zarse x3
JPChenet
Doris
Robspot
Wishy
So far 27 persons definite from abroad.

"Maybe"-list:
Smokie
KeithK and Piglet
1 x Team Zarse
That's another potential 4 persons.

Cancelled:
Andy

This will bring the total number to 27 or 31 (including the maybies). The DfH list is currently 25 strong, which brings the total up to 56 if all do come over.

I'm afraid we're gonna have to put a halt to people wanting to come over, sorry! Undecided
Tell me if you'd be interested anyway - there's always a chance people drop out, or we might find other ways to accomodate. Will keep you posted on this. .

<edit by Paddy: Both the Go-Kart centre as well as the restaurant have said they can accomodate up to 50 people easily, we will have to work on local transport though>

<modified to link to CA Calendar - Steve Brown>
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 12:57:22 pm by Paddy_NL » Logged

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
rcutler
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 10:30:01 pm »

I WILL be coming over again, save me a space. Might drive over so I can too do a booze cruise! Booked a flight instead!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 04:51:07 pm by Rick Cutler » Logged
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 10:54:45 pm »

Count me in - and yes, 1 T-shirt xxl Grin

Was a great party last year Grin

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 10:57:26 pm »

And as an extra, at the kartingvenue we plan on going to, you can also play a round of lasergaming. Grin Might be fun to do also.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Hubertus C

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 10:59:02 pm »

And you can also do a 24 hours endurance race at the kartvenue for only 16.000 euro Wink
Schizo_DFH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 11:07:57 pm »

And you can also do a 24 hours endurance race at the kartvenue for only 16.000 euro Wink
You really don't want to do that, i drove a 4-hours endurance race on that track once an needed a week to recover  Grin

But ontopic:
I'm so looking forward to it, i know it makes sense
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 11:19:17 pm »

Could not make it last year, as it was my birthday over that weekend. But the pics looked good. So this year I have been given a pass out.

So can you book me down for a place and one T shirt – XL.

Will be aiming to drive over, via ferry – Hull/Newcastle area. Any advice would be helpful

Cheers.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 11:50:59 pm »

Will be aiming to drive over, via ferry – Hull/Newcastle area. Any advice would be helpful

I'd go for P&O Ferries, overnight from Hull to Rotterdam Europoort. Decent ferry (althought old), nice bar, proper sleep before you arrive.

Just had a look at P&O, and funnily enough the price of a foot passanger is equal to one person with one vehicle Huh
Expensive though, somewhere £200.00 Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 02:52:32 am »

Sounds fab. Count myself and lady pp in on all the action! Think we can fly from Bournemouth or Southampton to rotter, if not then.. from where ever!
Cant wait.....  Lady PP in a kart, weighing half most our weight, tought to drive by me... and a Tasmanian driving instructor! Keep us posted dude... sounds like fun!!

PS my old fave army sleeping bag (feather filled) got so soggy this year she is to be burned whenit next stops raining as she stinks.

PPS
Lady PP has just landed back in Blighty.... with her mum!

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivrι? Sϋrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 08:36:18 am »

Sounds like excellent fun - can I put myself & Mrs JDS down please? (oh and the T-shirts sound a brill idea)
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 09:21:50 am »

Myself, Trayboy, Elvis and Wooly are definately up for the trip this year.

Rusty

The Brethren Rock
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 09:49:18 am »

Paddy
 Will the DfH T shirts be exclusive to those attending (won't be allowed out I'm afraid- Mrs Sconefinger still giving me grief about Le Mans and Silverstone!) Would love to add a DfH T-shirt to the collection, especialy in time for Silverstone.
Cheers
 Si

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 09:55:11 am »

The white shirts are still available. I think the venue shirts (if they do go ahead), wil only be available from halfway November. More to do with cashflow and invoice dates Undecided

Drinking for Holland
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 10:02:28 am »

Thanks Paddy and DfH guys for the invite.

After having to pull out of the last visit to Rotterdam and Sebring, I have checked the calender and booked the weekend away!

Looking forward to it!

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 10:03:10 am »

Aaarrggghh not again? Shocked Oh well I suppose I will be there, yeh make that a definate Cool.What a great weekend last year. One sleeping corner and one shirt that's all I need. Travel arrangements later.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 10:09:37 am by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: