Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 11:47:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F1 - Comments  (Read 28474 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2007, 06:15:55 pm »

They are trying to prove a point.

If it had happened in say the 3rd race of the season and the two cars were both excluded then the drivers would both lose the points. why should it be different now?

The FIA have made a rod for thier own back, they started the war and McLaren are now seeking clarfication.

Whatever the outcome, should a car be found to be outside the rules next year then the FIA will find it very hard to deduct points if they don't this time.

I think this years title is so tainted it should be null and void anyway, Ferrari got away with running a dodgey car in the first race, if that had been dealt with properly at the time I doubt we would be at the point we are now.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2007, 06:34:25 pm »

I agree with Nordic,  either there are rules that are followed or there arent.  It shouldnt make any difference if it changes the title result or not - rules should be applied equally to all teams at all races.

Hammie wouldnt enjoy the victory anyway under these circumstances - but then how could Kimi either.

F
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2007, 10:00:44 pm »

If I were Ron Dennis, and $100mil out of pocket, I'd go for it

Bernie is down a blind alley, its time for him to do the decent thing.

This is more fun than the races

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2007, 12:48:13 am »

Bernie threatening to quit........Good job I'm not sitting at the Court of Appeal or it could be called an incentive!

Did I just say that out loud?
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2007, 09:58:50 pm »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63994

Appeal rejected as inadmissible.  What a cop out, they heard it for a day, spent a day deliberating to decide it was inadvisable.

RIP F1...
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2007, 05:53:49 pm »

Ecclestone has one goal in life and it ain't F1. He want's to be the richest in at least the UK.

So, he can't retire just yet.

He is just a poisoned dwarf, much like the 'Eccles' in the Goon Show which F1 has been approaching rapidly with Alonso acting 'the Phanton Pancake Thrower'.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2007, 03:20:32 am »

IMO the whole Stepneygate episode is just stupid, and much ado about nothing.  Teams, and designers have been ripping each other off for decades.  Does anyone seriously think Ross Brawn or Rory Byrne didn't bring any Bennetton secrets with them to Ferrari when they jumped ship?  Or Adrian Newey when he left Williams to join McLaren?  Mario Andretti said that in the pitlane at Zolder in 1978 they had to pull a very illustrious designer right out from under their car.  This stuff has been going on for entire the history of the sport.  This is another case of the sport being dumbed down.
Fax
nickliv
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2007, 11:11:49 am »

Honda had better watch themselves next year, or is Brawn (A magnificent name for one that looks so piggy don't you think) going to be brainwashed / hypnotised?
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2007, 12:20:30 pm »

Mario Andretti said that in the pitlane at Zolder in 1978 they had to pull a very illustrious designer right out from under their car.

Presumably connected to the appearance of the Tyrrell 009 the following year that had more than a passing resemblance to the Lotus 79..?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: