Club Arnage
June 07, 2024, 03:49:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Would you accept DfH charging entrance for the Friday night party?  (Voting closed: November 01, 2007, 12:03:51 pm)
Yes, general entrance covering costs will do me fine. - 8 (17.4%)
Yes, like above - but with an additional amount for charity. - 35 (76.1%)
No, I'd rather have people sponsor a barrel of beer. - 2 (4.3%)
No, if you start charging money I'm not coming anymore. - 0 (0%)
I wasn't planning on coming anyway. - 1 (2.2%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LM'08, DfH's Friday night party - question for all...  (Read 30101 times)
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivrι? Sϋrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2007, 09:57:32 am »

On the positive side; you would have a souvenir of the evening, and I can't wait to see 300 people gathered together all wearing the same shirt Wink

Be careful, you'll be accused of starting a fashion trend .....  Grin Shocked
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2007, 10:26:29 am »

I think it would definitely be worth getting some media over Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2007, 03:41:16 pm »

I am thinking about it more and more and T-shirts do sound best to me! It will look amazing, they will not be for sale, but are a gift for contributing to the costs of the party and raise money for charity. If we play our cards right, we could have some newspaper coverage as well, cause in a sense we are organizing a big charity party, with all the proceeds (minus costs) will go to charity.

We could even call it the drinking for holland charity party. Only people contributing (wearing a tshirt) are welcome. Even if it does rain, you could wear it over your raingear, it will get wet, but who cares. The most important thing is that you are recognisable as a group and freeloaders will think twice about crashing the party. Also to keep a check on who is coming, we can ask people to pick up their shirt personally, sending out gives people time to copy it and that is something we have to prevent.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2007, 12:24:15 am »

I know I am a bit late coming in on this thread, I have to say I am willing to go with the final agreement as there have been some good ideas shared.  I have read all the options and you are all looking for the same goal.
I tried to police the bar to an extent of failure this year as there were a lot trying it on free loading.
By the way did I say thanks for the taxi home after the friday party.

Excellent team work has evolved here and as part of a big LM family that we all are we want what is best for all and this includes keeping it simple but effective and fun.
Good luck Paddy Marius and all you at DFH, I will really miss the real consultation banter meeting at the CA/DFH bash.

Andy
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2007, 12:31:03 am »

You'll be missed too Andy, all the special beers were quite nice and we had a great laugh!
You got some serious catching up to do in 2008! Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2007, 12:39:25 am »

I am thinking about it more and more and T-shirts do sound best to me! It will look amazing, they will not be for sale, but are a gift for contributing to the costs of the party and raise money for charity. If we play our cards right, we could have some newspaper coverage as well, cause in a sense we are organizing a big charity party, with all the proceeds (minus costs) will go to charity.

We could even call it the drinking for holland charity party. Only people contributing (wearing a tshirt) are welcome. Even if it does rain, you could wear it over your raingear, it will get wet, but who cares. The most important thing is that you are recognisable as a group and freeloaders will think twice about crashing the party. Also to keep a check on who is coming, we can ask people to pick up their shirt personally, sending out gives people time to copy it and that is something we have to prevent.

I agree, the t-shirt thingie will be amazing, can you imagine the view of it? everybody wearing the shirts around the circuit afterwards, it would be so cool, I am getting thirsty already Cheesy
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2007, 04:05:01 pm »

hi all..

been away for my op.. and get back and get another bloody DVT in my leg.. so not been able to keep up to speed with CA..

i have read all your threads and think that you really need some sort of ID..what ever you come up with i am for.. as due to buying my house in france i missed last year.. but not 2008!!

keep up the good work DFH Grin

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2007, 12:38:22 am »

Is Andy... the Andy that was on the same ferry as Myself and Perdu?Huh??

Oh, and due to the obscene costs of flights to Australia just before Crimbo, Looks like Lady PP and I will be attending the DFH bash. £1800 is just rude for the same flight that costs about £600 ish in March. Better to be drunk in Holland than skint in oz and wishing one had gone to holland. Hurrah

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2007, 12:41:42 am »

As last year:

Can I have an "Artiste" band please?  I'd like to feel special...

Even if it is Langtall issuing it with a black marker.....

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2007, 12:56:51 am »

hi all..

been away for my op.. and get back and get another bloody DVT in my leg.. so not been able to keep up to speed with CA..

i have read all your threads and think that you really need some sort of ID..what ever you come up with i am for.. as due to buying my house in france i missed last year.. but not 2008!!

Fagey,

Glad you're back in the world of the living dead. Sorry I missed the opportunity in Southampton.

Now, where in France are you looking to buy?

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2007, 01:01:20 am »

Oh, and due to the obscene costs of flights to Australia just before Crimbo, Looks like Lady PP and I will be attending the DFH bash. £1800 is just rude for the same flight that costs about £600 ish in March. Better to be drunk in Holland than skint in oz and wishing one had gone to holland. Hurrah

Your Lordship,

Did we go to the skool?

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2007, 02:08:42 am »

This is the Andy, you probably recognise him Grin

Drinking for Holland
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2007, 11:08:08 am »

Cheer Paddy! You have resurected my identity crisis here man.

Yes My Lord, I am the said Andy who met Perdu and yourself on the ferry this year. Not forgetting the touring route to LM!  Huh

Andy
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2007, 11:38:03 am »

hi all..

Fagey,

Glad you're back in the world of the living dead. Sorry I missed the opportunity in Southampton.

Now, where in France are you looking to buy?

Jerry

hi jerry,

i have bought my house.. its in a place called st vran, near merdrignac on the cote d'amour border in the centre of brittany.. and its great!

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2007, 01:11:03 pm »

Sorry for stumbling back on topic Grin

I'd prefer hats instead of t-shirts as a proof-of-payment for the DFH Friday party. My reasons:

- I've already just too many LM t-shirts and it's getting more each year. Besides our own annual LeMansZone t-shirt I also buy the annual CA shirt, then another one for the party...really?

- 100+ people all wearing the same hat will also make a pretty impressive sight - and also easy enough to sort out for the people who serve beer

- costumes like the legendary Team Zarse dresses will be difficult if everyone has to wear a t-shirt, I would miss that!

Cheers and a nice start of the week to everybody

Werner
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 03:28:04 pm by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: