Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 10:07:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: campsites???  (Read 13513 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2003, 05:51:18 pm »

We were on Houx Annexe this year.

Stu saved some space for a few of us. What am I saying, same space, he saved us a football pitch!!!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'd told him my uncle was flying down on Saturday morning, I think Stu had tried to get us our own airstrip!!  Grin

Between three cars we had 12 tents and a gazebo set up that covered 13m x 6m. Somehow I don't think we would get it all onto three pitches in the Houx campsite!
Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2003, 06:05:34 pm »

Is it common practice to get a camping pass for one of the sites and then just blag your way into a different one that you prefer?

We had a 'Chappel' pass, but couldn't find our way in, so after trying to explain this to a bowling ball shaped local at the gate to Houx Annex, he just waved us through.

We also noticed, as we cycled though other sites, that there's generally a blatant disregard for being in the correct one!

It takes some going to be so @nal about camping tickets before the event, and then to leave it up to the discretion of the jolly chappies at the site entrances as to where you can or cannot set up camp!

Does anyone else swap sites when they get there?

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Gland in the hand worth two in a Bush Tour 2007
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2003, 06:12:30 pm »

and we invented our own shower system, using 2L Evien bottles.........

Info on how can be supplied

Hope these weren' the same sort of 2 litre bottles that emerge from the average tent in the morning?  Shocked
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2003, 07:36:52 pm »

Probably the same guys that nicked the Showers from Beausejour.
I know it's difficult to carter for so many people. But it's not like they
don't know we'll be there.   So why not just order two or three times the number of WC/shower units and so on?

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2003, 08:16:43 pm »

I think I have been moniterd!!!!!

Evien bottel showers.........

Rule 1 Avoid bottels with yellow liqued in them.
Rule 2 Fill two bottels to the rim
Rule 3 Pour into kettel enough watter so that the water is up to pionty bits on the bottle
Rule 4 Heat on stove/Barbi
Rule 5 Eat breakfast/drink beer
Rule 6 Pour hot water into bottles
Rule 7 Tip bottles over head, (tip use 1st bottle for soap 2nd for rinse)

You will know if the temp is right, if top of head is scalded to much hot if nuts dissaperd to much cold. But in some cases I am told this can be difficalt to tell!

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2003, 05:45:51 pm »

We had a 'Chappel' pass, but couldn't find our way in, so after trying to explain this to a bowling ball shaped local at the gate to Houx Annex, he just waved us through.

Haaa, I noticed your car in Houx Annexe.
I thought this year that the Annexe was far less crowded than in previous years.  We had 8 cars (one a 1964 Cadillac conv), 9 tents and a 10m x 3m gazebo in loads of space behind "f... off" tape and had now hassle from the rotund gent on the gate or the camping police.
We prefer the Annexe for it's feel, fun, cammeradie with you fellow campers, and the mainly Brit atmosphere.
It's close to the village and grandstands plus the northern part of the circuit right up to Tetre Rouge is a short walk.
Also, to get in and out by car, there's a couple of routes.  Oh, and the fireworks are pretty impressive.  Cheesy

Steve East Anglian cobras

Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2003, 06:45:23 pm »

Steve,

We had a camper van which we parked up on arrival, hopped on our bikes, went to check out what 'Chappel' was like, came back and decided to stay! We then found a spot where we knew we would be blocked in by the following day and sat pretty for the rest of the trip.

You're right, there was a ton of space left. They could have sold another 40 - 50 tickets if they wanted to pack us in. There was a TVR with two two man tents near us which had enough space for about 8 more tents.

We were near the Loo block by the round-about so got showered in ash by the fireworks from the round-about and the ones from the Elise club... well worth the show though! May pack a few sparklers for next year!

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Gland in the hand worth two in a Bush Tour 2007
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2003, 07:33:55 pm »

You obviously weren't the only ones in Houx Annexe with a Chappel pass then.
The fat controller on the gate didn't seem to worry what pass anyone had, as long as it had 'Le Mans' on it.  He seemed to be quite amused by the 10 of us wedged in the Cadillac as we came and went from the site.

Personnally, I reckon you were better off in Houx Annexe.  I don't fancy the idea of people walking back and forth past your front door in Chappel or Musee Interior.

Steve East Anglian cobras

TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2003, 09:05:50 am »

I have been going to Musee Interior for the last 6 years. I think it's as gresat spot providing you pitch up at the far end. To do this you need to get there by Wednesday. People generally turn off to go over the bridge before they get anywhere near our tent.

One year we pitched closer to the entrance and hated it. Loads of people walking past and our tent got raided.

Tony
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2003, 12:38:46 pm »

We were there in 2001, right next to the grass bank (which unfortunately was removed by the remodelling of the Bugatti circuit. Sad)

Great to be near the action, but as you say, lots of "passers by" all seemingly quite happy to barge past your cars and walk through your gazebo to cut the corner. Still, two guys in our crowd being built like night club bouncers and screaming "Get Off Our Land" in a Nazi styley soon saw most of them off!!  Wink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: