Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 06:52:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: november?  (Read 14056 times)
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2003, 11:09:18 pm »

Actually PM, now you mention it, November should produce some fine whiskey-weather...

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2003, 11:37:47 pm »

Saturday for us KP.Ive hired a minibus for 6 of us.We'll have to make do with a little chef on the way

cheers

PM

"LITTLE" Chef ?? !!

See you Saturday !!
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2003, 12:53:49 am »

Unexpectedly Mrs smokie has authorised attendance at the FoS. She may well change her mind tomorrow, she's a woman.

Is an Enceinte Generale OK, or should I get one of the grandstand seats? Is parking OK? What time is it worth being there?

Not sure which day I can do yet. PM, if Saturday I might meet you at Newbury, travel in convoy, what time do you pass through?
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2003, 02:15:20 am »

Re: the November event - what kind of temperatures do you think will be descending on Le Mans at that time of year.  I've been over there many times around November and on some occasions it's bastard freezing, and frequently pissing down.  Come to think of it, I've never seen an LMP running with snow chains before!
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2003, 05:49:05 am »

Damn I am envious.
Canada Phil
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2003, 11:21:02 am »

Sure thing KP.Are you and Gilles definate for Goodwood this weekend
PM

I am - stand 140 all weekend, have to do some interviews etc, but that's my base.  Will keep trying to get Gilles involved. Which day(s) are you there? Sorry there's no Flambadou equivalent locally (to my knowledge)!

There are several excellent restaurants in the area, although you may now struggle to find a table. Plus some very good pubs that do ace food. I wouldn't want Gilles to think that the Little Chef was the best the UK could offer, any more that the Buffalo Grille, good in its own way, was the best of France. And he can sample some proper beers too.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2003, 12:49:20 pm »

Sure thing KP.Are you and Gilles definate for Goodwood this weekend
PM

I am - stand 140 all weekend, have to do some interviews etc, but that's my base.  Will keep trying to get Gilles involved. Which day(s) are you there? Sorry there's no Flambadou equivalent locally (to my knowledge)!

There are several excellent restaurants in the area, although you may now struggle to find a table. Plus some very good pubs that do ace food. I wouldn't want Gilles to think that the Little Chef was the best the UK could offer, any more that the Buffalo Grille, good in its own way, was the best of France. And he can sample some proper beers too.

Have you a list of decent pubs,local to Goodwood, with ace food, please Andy?

Of course Little Chef doesn't represent what Brits eat!

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2003, 01:33:37 pm »

Hi Kpy,
I'm sure Msr Zarse knows his way round there better than me, but I'll chip in anyway.
There's a beautiful semi timbered ancient pub in Pagham that also does b&b and has a restaurant. I've stayed there a few times and can recommend it. It's just up the road from Derek Bells cottage, so it's probably his local. Maybe Andy can help with the name. (I have a scribble in my diary that says Inglenook 01243 262495)
I also remember a pub in Oving called the Gribble (?). This is also a fine old boozer with food as well, and has it's own beer which it brews on site.
Both are only a 10 minute drive from the circuit, not too sure how far from the House.
Of course you could try the Baders Arms as well.
Where we differ from the French, is that it's almost impossible to find a good restaurant in rural areas, and pub grub can be variable to say the least. A rule of thumb: avoid anywhere that puts 'good food' in inverted commas.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2003, 03:04:02 pm »

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 08, 2003, 03:04:53 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2003, 03:52:13 pm »

It is the ingle nook at pagham, named after it's fireplace. Will do a list of local pubs tonight.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2003, 03:59:34 pm »

Thanks guys
I need somewhere to plant two tents for two nights (Friday and Saturday) - any ideas?
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2003, 04:00:59 pm »

Smokie, you can buy tickets on the day, not Sunday though. They are more expensive. Parking is good as long as the rain doesn't turn the field into the Somme. If you are parked any sort of distance away you can get a courtesey bus. Wouldn't bother with a granstand seat as there is so much to see( take good walking boots). There are large screens around so you can see the action from most places even if you aren't next to the track. Food is expensive though so be warned.
Doesn't seem to matter what time you arrive there is usually a fair amount of slow moving traffic. Although action starts at 9am.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2003, 05:13:04 pm »

OK, I gonna open my tourist office for november...

... be prepare for a great bash !

Don't expect any effort of the ACO concerning shops and funfair... could only have a tenth of bars and maybe not more shops.

Sorry, I won't go to Goodwood this July... I probably appear not indispensable for my boss.  Tongue

Who come in September for the historical ?

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2003, 05:32:24 pm »

Smokie,
There will be room in the minibus with us.I got an 8 seater for 6 of us.We can meet you somewhere like the services in Chievely and you can leave your car there if you wish.We are aiming to leave here by about 6.15am so we'll be at chievely by 7.15 ish
Let me know if you want to come.Weve got entry and grandstand seats but you may not be able to buy grandstand on the day
PM
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2003, 05:33:53 pm »

Smokie,
There will be room in the minibus with us.I got an 8 seater for 6 of us.We can meet you somewhere like the services in Chievely and you can leave your car there if you wish.We are aiming to leave here by about 6.15am so we'll be at chievely by 7.15 ish
Let me know if you want to come.Weve got entry and grandstand seats but you may not be able to buy grandstand on the day
PM

Does it sounds like a dinner with smokie at the flambadou ?

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: