Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 06:15:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Termie termite  (Read 152436 times)
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2008, 08:12:06 am »

Ian,

I've sent you a PM
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2008, 04:58:32 pm »

Thanks to Lang Tall for pointing this out to me.

Fingers crossed and best of luck wished to Mr. & Mrs. Termite. It must have come as a complete shock to you, Ian.
Glad to see things are improving rapidly, I hope Deb will recover soon without too much trouble.

Best of luck to you both!

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2008, 08:55:11 pm »

Sadly, today's news is not so good. I arrived about 16.15, waited an hour and a half, and then found Deb was still unconscious. I think there were fewer drug inputs, and fewer monitors - but she'd gained an oxygen tube, which is a bit worrying. Clearly Saturday afternoon staffing is more in line with NHS levels, and the few people on duty were busy. I did find a doctor, and expressed my concern that things were not as I'd been told to expect them when I saw the doctor on Thursday. As far as I can gather, they are not happy about her lungs, hence the oxygen, and had been doing tests to find out what is wrong. I asked about pneumonia, but that is not the problem. Perhaps nearly 40 years of puffing away is catching up with her when she least needs it. The left leg is now plastered round the ankle, so clearly that has gone ahead as planned. Deb had a cushion against the broken ribs. She has bad bruising on her left shoulder.

I'm sure this is a temporary blip, and next week things will get going again.

Missing Termietermite
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2008, 10:20:18 pm »

..............I'm sure this is a temporary blip, and next week things will get going again.
We all hope so.  Good luck

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2008, 03:22:14 pm »

I too missed this thread, gab just brought it to my attention today. You wouldn't expect that of a Moderator would you!!

Mr T - please pass on a Get Well Soon message to Deb from me. It's really good of you to come back with regular updates, please continue to do so, as she has a lot of friends here.

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2008, 04:10:52 pm »

I too missed this thread, gab just brought it to my attention today. You wouldn't expect that of a Moderator would you!!

Slacker  Roll Eyes

Ian, thanks for the updates.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2008, 05:49:19 pm »

I too missed this one. Ian we have never met but I did have one or two discussions with Debs over the past about Leeds and surrounding areas, please pass on my best wishes to her, and take care of yourself.

Neal
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2008, 06:15:11 pm »

I rang Rouen today, and found that Deb is still asleep, so I did not bother to drive the 240 mile round-trip! Lazy, or what? The slightly better news is that the medication that had been keeping her under has now been withdrawn, so she will now wake up "naturally" when her body decides it is the right time. I do not anticipate that she will be a barrel of laughs from moment 1, however! Sadly, this may mean the first familiar face she sees will be her mother's, as she's on the night boat from Portsmouth tonight. Deb will immediately conclude that she's died and gone to hell! My only chance is to ring very early tomorrow, and if she's awake, leg-it there vite!

Now, where's my copy of How to Speed in France, by Jean D'Armerie?

Missing Termietermite
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2008, 08:11:43 pm »

Thnanks Mr T. I LOLd at this line - "Sadly, this may mean the first familiar face she sees will be her mother's...Deb will immediately conclude that she's died and gone to hell!"

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2008, 09:07:10 pm »

Well I'm very late to this, Ian, please pass best wishes from me and from KK to Debs.   I also wondered why the other thread was "more bad news" when I dropped in quickly earlier.

Have a big hug yourself, it's a really shitty thing to have to deal with and being so far away from the hospital must be awful for you.

We've got our fingers crossed that the next update is positive. 

Take care..........Piglet and KK

Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2008, 09:38:55 pm »

Sorry Ian to just read this "more sad news".

Not alot more i can say that has not been said before.
Stay strong for you both, and please take care to read the speeding in france manual carefully!!

Bestest of wishes for a successful recovery to Debs and my thoughts are with you Ian.

Andy
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2008, 11:44:36 am »

Any update Ian? 
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2008, 08:42:53 pm »

Well I did my best to head off MIL. I was in the hospital by 10.45 - no sign of her. I was told that as it was early, I could only have a few minutes with Deb, who was still asleep, but they needed to finish a procedure first. So after waiting a few minutes,  and sitting with Deb for a while, I was out by 11.30. I had warned the nurses of MIL's impending visit, and the dubious reception Deb might give her. I returned at 3, the statutory visit time, but still no MIL. Again I had to wait while they undertook a procedure, but then spent about 30 minutes with sleeping Deb, before, again, I was asked to return to the waiting room, while something else was done. Having waited over an hour, I enquired further, and was immediately allowed back in - the nurse had left, the doctor had come in, and I wasn't part of the handover, so I wasn't recalled. I asked the doctor about the substantial number of procedures being  carried out, and she assured me that this was entirely normal, and Deb was making normal progress. Again, she told me that Deb would wake up when she was ready. She then asked if I would prefer Deb to be moved closer! I was delighted to accept, of course, and we agreed Le Mans is the place, as it almost certainly has Reanimation Chirurgicale facilities. I'm not going to count my chickens on this one, but as it was her idea, it may have little legs, if not actually wings!

Still no MIL when I left at 5, and no messages from her on my phone at home. Very odd.

Missing Termietermite
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2008, 09:07:31 pm »

Thanks for the update Ian, fingers crossed she wakes up soon and hopefully the MiL isn't the first person she sees.  MiL is probably still driving around Rouen as most of us do!

It would be fantastic for you if you could get Deb moved closer to home, the round trip to Rouen must be pretty draining on you.

Hope you're keeping yourself well, you need to look after yourself as well. 
goodduck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2008, 06:11:21 pm »

I am sorry to hear this news. Deb was uncommonly kind and hospitable to me at the 2007 Le Mans and facilitated my first trip there. I must say i would not have been able to attend if it were not for her help. I pray that all goes well with the recovery.

looking for 2 General Admission tickets for 2023 24H Le Mans race only but will buy anything available.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: