Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 11:49:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans trip participants  (Read 24851 times)
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2009, 12:09:29 pm »

Edit, here's a Camping Bleu ticket on ebay. One day left to run and it's at £22...

Word has obviously got out that I have moved on to Expo this year.... Bleu is SO passe!   Cool

F
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2009, 12:23:12 pm »

I have to say I'm not at all sure why people feel the need to be on one site or another.
Obviously Members here like to be together.  But if your new to LM then IMNSHO the campsite is a bit irrelevant.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2009, 12:36:20 pm »

the campsite is a bit irrelevant.

I agree up to a point T - but a newbie would no more want to be stuck out in the ar*e end of nowhere than an experienced LM attendee would.

I would rather be in Pincenardiere than not attend at all if that was my only option ...........but I have a lot of other sites I would prefer to be in given the chance!

F
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2009, 01:11:17 pm »

Yep so why go for Houx over BN?  :-)  BSJ has to be one of the more out of the way places and even that isn't that bad.

I've stayed on Houx a number of times and personally find it a bit of a trek.  IMHO the hassle of getting though the Village to the Stands is the worst part of being in Houx, HA, KN and BSJ if you take the Bus.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2009, 01:22:09 pm »

Yep so why go for Houx over BN? 

Well now its much more convenient for the tram to town and Carrefour!  Smiley

F

TomCastellani

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2009, 07:22:58 pm »

Hmm, I've missed all the recent posts being at work and have also bought the Houx pass today. To be honest it's the site we'd decided to go with and if a lot of what I've read has some grounds then it'll be good for us. We're first timers so it's a safe bet despite the extra cost and has all the extra bits tagged on for comforts sake. Perhaps in later years once we know what it's all like we can venture onto other sites.

Now we have the BN pass and one GA at £155 which isn't ideal. I'll list it here and elsewhere anyway and with a bit of luck we can sell them, it's all turned out a little less straight forward than I'd hoped though  Sad...

EDIT:
That BN pass on eBay isn't high now but the last couple hours will see change. Here's one from completed listings;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LE-MANS-BLUE-NORD-CAMPING-TICKET_W0QQitemZ160331630510QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tickets_Tickets_LE?hash=item160331630510&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2

And it's not the only one!
http://completed.shop.ebay.co.uk/items/?_nkw=le+mans&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=1306&_okw=le+mans&_oexkw=&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=Postcode&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_rdc=1
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 07:34:12 pm by TomCastellani » Logged
SL
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2009, 07:44:14 pm »

Hope it all goes well.

We are on Houx as well, look out for 1 Nissan with 3 people squeezed onto a non numbered site.

If u need any further guidance please PM your mobile no and we can meet up.

Simon

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2009, 10:10:56 pm »

TOM,

The best advice is - to get the best deal you can, F**K where you are staying.
Keep your money in your pocket and use it to enjoy the week whilst you are there.

The first year is a very big learning curve for a newbie, but make the most of it.

Take the advise from LM veterans - most people you ask on circuit, will give good advice.

Dean

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2009, 11:31:25 am »

We are on Houx as well, look out for 1 Nissan with 3 people squeezed onto a non numbered site.

Simon

Does that mean the Jag has been 'retired'?

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
SL
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2009, 12:27:40 am »

Does that mean the Jag has been 'retired'?

No, it means sadly the E Type is close to it's insured limited mileage, a LM trip may take it over. (Also with 3 people it will be very cramped.)

This year will almost certainly see the return of the 200SX though.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: