Club Arnage
June 17, 2024, 06:37:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Now I know.......  (Read 16664 times)
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2009, 05:32:13 pm »

Sorry to hear your news Leftie - Fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

Peter - good to see you around here - hope things are going OK.....

Brad, going OK is subjective, recent thrills have been, pan flu type three, viral pneumonia, partial stroke, infected thrombosis in my neck jugular vein, have been some of the high spots, plus the usual temperature spikes of 40 degrees C, in a wheel chair as the treatment leaves you f**ked.

Blimey - I wish my Dad would be a bit more expressive when he updates me - although I suspect some of the words used above would scare the s*** outta him in terms of length - so that's probably why I don't get to hear..... You know - the complicated ones, like Pan and Flu......  Evil

Keep your spirits high Peter - Sounds like a cliche, with no medical fact behind it, but I do believe that the fighting spirit is what kept the members of my family going through cancerous episodes - everything is worth trying........ That Ferrari isn't going to drive itself...and given that I've only ever seen it in the flesh once, I'm hoping for a Le-Mans re-union for it in the next few years.

Will be round with flowers, grapes and all the other crap that people give you when you're ill, that are no good to anyone, as soon as you're allowed out of captivity isolation..... although that might be a reason to extend your isolation I guess Wink

Take care
Brad

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2009, 10:16:48 pm »

Blimey - I wish my Dad would be a bit more expressive when he updates me - although I suspect some of the words used above would scare the s*** outta him in terms of length - so that's probably why I don't get to hear..... You know - the complicated ones, like Pan and Flu......  Evil

Take care
Brad

[/quote]

Brad and All,
It's very difficult to find the balance of updating the forum with a long haul and complicated treatment and the ups and downs of it in the correct medical terms and the implications illnesses that we would recognise by name only.  Especially when when Peter has the necsary positive attitude to "bloody well beating it" and taking on these issues in his stride and keeping him self in the best condition to take on the battle. Good to see you back on line Peter, you old bugger, You are an inspiration to all.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2009, 11:14:03 pm »

Peter,

You gave me more advice and knowledge in those two paragraphs than the doc' and as you have been 'there' your words and the way they the written mean the more to me.

Many thanks and give my regards to Deidre.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Queen Vic of the Melans
CA Veteran

Vicky

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2009, 12:50:32 pm »

Sorry to read this Leftie, truly awful news.  Best wishes to you and to Peter.  Stay strong!x
lady pig-pen

younger than kev_mk3

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2009, 02:00:40 pm »

Leftie i hope all your tests have gone well xxxxx,  Peter, Rex and I would love to come visit you when we are allowed/your up for it (you can even talk about cars  Wink ) xxxx
it's horrible to think how many people, even in our small group, have had their lives touched by cancer....I remember when Marius was going through all of this someone put a post on about joining the Anthony Nolan Trust, which I know alot of people did (myself included), it's really easy you just pop off to the doctors and have some blood taken and even though you aren't being a direct help to anyone you may know, by joining I felt as though maybe one day I could help someone going through something similar, so all those ca'ers who haven't joined, if you can, do  Smiley

stay ginger xxx
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2009, 02:59:01 pm »

Jerry,

Sorry to hear the truly awful news, thoughts and prayers are with you. Fingers crossed.

Jules G

Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2009, 02:24:13 am »

Firstly, I am heartened by the many kind words from my freinds on here.

News update.

Well, I've had a load of xrays and tests, nothing intrusive yet, no biopsy. Initial prognosis is 'multiple myeloma', sh*t, I get all of them!! Seriously though they aim for the worst and hope for less.

Booked in for CT scan on 18th August, that means Computerised Tomography!! being an engineer, I understand the computer bit and the 'ography bit, the TOM bit I'm worried about.

My GP is on hols at the mo, as I've been told the she will tell me the news one way or the other. if she asks for Ruth to be there, I know I will break down.

So, keeping my pecker up with this enforced extended holiday (unemployed) the house is nearly finished and ready for sale in Surrey and to hell with everything I'm planning next years holiday with Ruth cycling in Brittany. I even totally rebuilt my bike and nearly finished hers.  I'm still planning on going to LM as well as I missed the CA massive this year.

I'm just keeping my hopes up.

BTW, when I walk into the worst hospital in Surrey with my appointment letter, I am straight to the head of the queue much to the anoyance of people that may have been there an hour or more. I'll never complain about the DHS again.

Again, many thanks to friends for the support, I will keep everyone posted when further news is available.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 02:50:45 am by Leftie » Logged

nickliv
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2009, 08:34:02 am »

leftie

good to hear from you, even better to hear you in fighting spirit.

the 'tom' bit is nothing to worry about. it's a way of getting good quality, hi res pics of you. it's sort of like very clever parallax, but with x rays. the  x ray tube is placed at one side of a hoop, with an array of x ray detectors opposite it, you go in the middle and it all spins round you to get 'slices' of you. it's a bit noisy, but less than MRI. you shouldn't  be claustrophobic, as the 'ring' you'll  be in is only about 2 feet thick, and your head ought to be out, apart from if they do your noggin too, obviously.

all the best mate. get your best letching shirt ready, I hope you need it Wink
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2009, 01:03:49 am »

My CT scan was cancelled for Tuesday because it broke down, it was rescheduled for 5pm today.

Got a call from consultant at 9.25 this morning wanting to know why I didn't turn up. Told her the above.
9.30 this morning got a call from radiographer wanting me there within an hour.

1300 got a call from consultant about previous tests and arranged meeting for Friday 1000.

Previous tests etc showed NOTHING WRONG but still have to wait for CT scan report.

So, in anticipation, many thanks for all the best wishes from friends and particularly Peter who gave me more info' in 30 mins with first hand experience than I have been told by the NHS.  Many thanks mate. You have accommodation pre booked at the next Emsworth Indian night.

We are still not out of the woods yet though, as we don't yet know why a spinal vertebrea (D6) is reducing/collapsing.

On Friday, I will be insisting on 6 monthly scans so that 'progression' can be measured.

Again, many, many thanks for the good wishes. These have worked and 'Him/Her' upstairs has listened.

I'm now getting slowly pi**ed.

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2009, 08:23:01 am »

Billiant news mate (we hope), hope you have a sore head this morning Grin
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2009, 08:29:33 am »

wow, that is good news! best wishes and hopefully these testresults prove to be 100% correct!

fantastic news!
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2009, 10:24:25 am »

Jerry,

Brilliant news!

Enjoy the hangover. 

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2009, 10:58:23 am »

Great news mate. I'll have a drink for you tonite. Looking forward to the next curry night.

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2009, 11:00:50 am »

I'm now getting slowly pi**ed.

Hope that is under Dr's orders.

Great news, like everone else say's - enjoy the hangover.

N

If you're going through hell, keep going.
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2009, 01:41:50 pm »

Fantastic news Leftie  Grin

They have lumps of what round the back???
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: